Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said Concerning that story about Georgetown and Cardina...
- Nicolas Bellord said There is a lot of speculation about what went on a...
- Animadversor said Perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to put v...
- Vincent said Ah, but father, what is the minimum amount of wate...
- One of those TNCs said Wow – “Fr. Thuan” even pronounce...
- trespinos said I trust the Holy Father hasn’t made the same...
- jflare said “…one seriously doubts that the evenin...
- Kim Davis's Conscientious Decision by R. R. Reno - Big Pulpit said […] Gov’t Fact-Checking Certain Claims...
- JimRB said Father, I’m assuming the answer is “ye...
- WYMiriam said Someone please be the Garrigue, that article you l...
- christulsa said My wife and I attend the SSPX here in Tulsa. We a...
- Mary of Carmel said To Former Altar Boy: “…a piece of sou...
- Mary of Carmel said This video is so adorable! Fr. Thuan had it all d...
- Bosco said Just a further thought: Would the penitent have to...
- Bosco said And when Francis’ Year of Mercy begins, will...
- WYMiriam said “The included 28-page full-color instruction...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Is His Holiness short sighted, or far sighted?
- Reliquary said It would be hard to decide who’s cuter ̵...
- SaintJude6 said I’m planning on getting these for my childre...
- SaintJude6 said I love that you have the Texas Pete’s on han...
- A Sinner 2 said So, “Bruce” the heretic, the man making a public m...
- MouseTemplar said That took about a millisecond to hit the BUY butto...
- Daniel W said As usual, Ed Peters is quite happy to put himself...
- Norah said The Holy Father got new lenses in the old frames....
- Back pew sitter said Perhaps you yourself need to visit the optician...
- Gregorius said Having been sent one of those standing cutouts of...
- Stephanus83 said If MH has a copy of her Apostolic Pardon card avai...
- yatzer said One can only wish. My home parish is very reverent...
- Charles E Flynn said First-rate Synod comic relief: Reinhard Marx, Agon...
- Arnobius of Sicca said While I sometimes disagree with you, Father, I fin...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE! (134)
- CAPTION CALL (51)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (39)
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication (36)
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod (36)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (26)
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much (26)
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet (24)
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it! (24)
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns (19)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Recently Received Items
- A note about the necessary faculty priests must have licitly and validly to absolve sins
- New lenses for the Pope
- LEGO MASS SET BRICKS (yes… Legos for Mass!)
- ASK FATHER: Father with dementia “absolved” by Episcopalian
- OBITUARY: Spirit of Vatican II – RIP – 53 years of age
- How Spirit got there
- 70th Anniversary of end of WWII
- Smoking Gun Book™ about last year’s chaotic Synod
- From 1965: Paul Harvey’s “If I were the Devil”
- Thomas Aquinas College will not compromise
- Ed Peters on the ‘sin’ of abortion, the ‘crime’ of abortion, and excommunication
- POPE FRANCIS FOR YEAR OF MERCY GRANTS THAT SSPX PRIESTS CAN VALIDLY ABSOLVE!
- ACORN promotes the Black Lives Matter thing
- Rename Washington DC while you’re at it!
- ASK FATHER: Prayers for a sick pet
- Church Music: sacred and… not so much
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Texas Deputy Murdered for being LEO
- CAPTION CALL
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: TEOTWAWKI
Conclave? Smoke? Pfft. Here’s big news! From ABC: ABC News’ Aaron Katersky reports: Buyout firms Apollo Global Management, LLC and Metropoulos & Co. have agreed to purchase the Hostess and Dolly Madison cake brands, including Twinkies. The iconic snacks have … Continue reading
I think I had better post this before even more people start writing me about it (in other words please don’t send me mail about the “prophecies of Malachy” about the popes). There is a list of 112 short titles … Continue reading
SOLAR FLARE ALERT! But don’t worry, because “Firedrake Keeps You Safe”! (Short Wave and Ham Radio Fun)
A convergence of events drives me yet again to post, on this bloggily-productive day. First, a TEOTWAWKI Solar Flare, Coronal Mass Ejection and resulting grid killing EMP may be coming…. From SpaceWeather: ACTIVE SUNSPOT: One of the biggest sunspots of … Continue reading
When in doubt about your Christmas gift list, Fr. Z suggests… stuff on amazon through Fr. Z’s links stuff from Fr. Z’s store stuff (=coffee) from the Wyoming Carmelites using Fr. Z’s links (new K-Cups!) lots of ammo and guns … Continue reading
I doubt many people reading this have personal memories of September 1859. The question was rhetorical. And yet that date should now stick in your mind. in 2013 your earth’s yellow Sun’s activity, such as solar flares and coronal Mass … Continue reading
It is “Cyber Monday”, as the online retailers are calling it! I guess this is a secular money day of obligation. Okay… now that you are online… buy some … [CUE MUSIC] Mystic Monk Coffee! There are so many good … Continue reading
I heard about this when I was running errands yesterday. It seems that the Hostess – producers of iconic products – has now gone completely bust because, in negotiations with the company the baker’s union demanded too much. I grew … Continue reading
I was pretty concerned about lots of you on the East coast of the USA when Sandy was coming. I am not following American news much at the moment, but comments suggest that some people are just getting power back … Continue reading
I have been reading another dystopian novels by James Wesley Rawles, Founders. (The first in the series is Patriots, the next is Survivors.) I was pretty surprised to read this paragraph, about a couple who wind up being part of … Continue reading
There is a new and very bright comet out there. Which of course means that it is the end of the world as we know it… maybe. Maybe not. In any event, it should be bright! And we might need … Continue reading