SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- waalaw on Daily Rome Shot 711: “1. c4xd5 If Bxf1 2. N-f6+ Bxf6 3. BXf6 any R(h8) move including 0-0 4. R(either) x f1 c6xd5 And…”
- JGavin on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “Yesterday went to the Oratory of St Cyril and Methodius for Corpus Christi. It was sublime . In addition to…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 711: “GregB: RIGHT! As a matter of fact, I sent Dr. Pitre some of the Lev 3:16 swag – mugs and…”
- GregB on Daily Rome Shot 711: “A ways back you had a posting, “Verse 3:16 swag available … but not what you might be thinking!” about…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Daily Rome Shot 712: Of motes and beams: “An often misinterpreted passage, used to justify a sort of amoral non-application of teaching authority. Since I’ve been in a…”
- Lusp on Daily Rome Shot 712: Of motes and beams: “H to f5, forcing black bishop to d4. Q to d4, checkmate.”
- JonPatrick on Unintentional good advice.: “In a recent survey at my parish on how to increase awareness of the Real Presence, I commented that we…”
- JonPatrick on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “The new pastor at our parish is favorable to eucharistic adoration and now has it every First Friday and Saturday…”
- Cornelius on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “I’m reading “Illusions of Reform” now and the quality of the attacks on the TLM (and TLM attendees, and the…”
- OssaSola on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Hmmm. My husband and I were in the chapel at Cana when he asked me to marry him. Some fellow…”
- James Straight on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “The Most Reverend Earl K. Fernandes, ordained and installed as the Bishop of Columbus just 1 year and 8 days…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Chicken says: I happened on the instruction sheet for community bread bakers that had been left out on a table.…”
- Kathleen10 on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “Amen, to your prayer Fr Z!”
- MrsBridge on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born October 1945. First of nine in a twenty-year span. Mom on good days: “Say your prayers.” Mom on other…”
- Saint110676 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday: “Instead of a clergy cookout, what does not +Atticus have a clergy golf outing? More fun and more beneficial to…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 713: You win some….
- Daily Rome Shot 712: Of motes and beams
- Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday
- Daily Rome Shot 711
- Unintentional good advice.
- Daily Rome Shot 710
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 11 March 2009
It’s parody time!
In advance of the usual hijinx in some place on Holy Thursday, I want to revive a couple parody songs from a post last year: The official WDTPRS parodohymnologist, Tim Ferguson, penned this: A Holy Thursday Reflection on “Don’t Sit … Read More
Magic… “action at a distance”
One way to describe magic is "action at a distance". At times when I am on the road, I can reach back to my house network and all its components via a laptop or my phone and remotely control them. … Read More
Some thanks are due to readers
Thanks are due. First, thank you all you supported the "Pound Fr. Finigan" campaign. You were very good to him. I was a little jealous by the time it was over, but it was a good and cheerful jealousy! Some … Read More
Comments Off on Some thanks are due to readers
Royal Oak, MI: Masses in different Catholic Rites
I am told that there will be a series of Holy Masses celebrated in different Catholic Rites at the Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, MI. This sounds like a splendid opportunity. March 4th was the Chaldean RiteMarch … Read More
A Rosary received
The Rosary will be a great tool of spiritual warfare in the hard times that are surely coming. Some time ago I received an example of a highly crafted rosaries from Immaculata Rosaries. Immaculata Rosaries sent another, of a slightly … Read More
Connecticut Legislature committee meeting
I heard a couple interesting things during the AirMaria coverage, via live stream, of the committee meeting of the Connecticut Legislature on Wednesday. First, I straightened up when one of the representatives, perhaps the chair of the committee, said that … Read More
Secular news outlets go to work on the Pope’s letter
The secular press is going to work on what is known via the Frankfurter Allgemeine‘s pre-release of the Holy Father’s letter to bishops about the SSPX excommunications. In general great energy was aimed at the Holy Father’s admission that somethings … Read More
WDTPRS: Wednesday 2nd Week of Lent – Post communionem (2002MR)
We continue our project of looking at the Post communions of Lent: Wednesday – 2nd Week of Lent This prayer was in the ancient Gelasian Sacramentary. POST COMMUNIONEM (2002MR):Quaesumus, Domine Deus noster,ut, quod nobis ad immortalitatis pignus esse voluisti,ad salutis … Read More
Air Maria is live streaming the rally in Hartford Connecticut!
Air Maria is live streaming the rally in Hartford Connecticut! Get it HERE.
New Archbp. of Westminster tomorrow?
Paolo Rodari mentions that the name of the successor of Cormac Card. Murphy-O’Connor to the See of Westminster may be announced tomorrow. Tutto potrebbe risolversi addirittura questa settimana. O meglio domani, il giorno in cui Benedetto XVI dovrebbe annunciare, dopo … Read More
Tornielli’s commentary on the Pope’s Letter
The intrepid Andrea Tornielli, who was first to speak in the press of Pope Benedict’s letter to bishops of the workd world about the SSPX excommunications, has a comment on the Holy Father’s gesture. Damian Thompson posted an English translation. … Read More
Benedict’s letter to bishops: a note
I understand that the Frankfurter Allgemeine has a text in German purporting to be the letter His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI sent to the bishops of the world about the lifting of the excommunications of the SSPX bishops. On the … Read More