SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
- “Perdonamose!” St. John’s Birthday Feast and Midsummer Snails
- ASK FATHER: Pork butt for the Sacred Heart
- What do we do when we synodize?
- ASK FATHER: Does the humeral veil contradict in the use of Eucharistic ministers?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 22: “Even in another church St. Rita is sad… about… you know.”
- Vatican Synod’s (“walking together”) on spirituality of synodality (“walking togetherality”) is coming: The merciful heart loves… demons.
- ASK FATHER: What if 100 priests wanted to leave a diocese because of the bishop?
- LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!
- 22 June in the Novus Ordo: St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More
- ASK FATHER: Bishop bully: You have the right to kneel, but not to a kneeler.
- ROME 22/06 – Day 21: Different kinds of pawns
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 11 May 2009
The Holy Father at Yad Vashem. Present were President Shimon Peres, Speaker of the Knesset Reuven Rivlin, President of the Council of "Yad Vashem" Rabbi Israel Meir Lau. He lit a flame and left a wreath, met with survivors and … Read More
Do any of you have and use a Kindle? or plan to get the new Kindle DX? This sounds like an interesting device. It is super flat and is meant to bridge the gap between reading from papers or books … Read More
A few days at St. John’s on the East Side
I may be in NYC for a few days!
I should be in Grand Rapids, MI for a few days.
Meet Mrs. Rose-breasted Grosbeak. You can how the beaks of the Pine Siskins and Goldfinches are shaped to dig seeds out of thistles and other plants with small seeds. This guy hasn’t found the birdbath yet. Finally… PENJING REPORT Penjing … Read More
The Holy Father’s speech at the "Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center" in a meeting of people representing different religions in the region of the Holy Land. Of note are his comments applicable to inculturation and also the internet. My emphases … Read More
Vatican Press Office Statement regarding unscheduled Remarks by Sheikh Tayssir Attamimi during the Inter-religious Meeting at the Notre Dame of Jerusalem Centre Statement of Jesuit Fr. Federico Lombardi, Director of the Press Office of the Holy See: "The intervention of … Read More
Sorry, folks. Don’t know why.
I imagined something would happen to create tension. No surprise that something controversial would happen during the Pope’s trip to the Holy Land, right? This is in from the Jerusalem Post. Sheikh attacks Israel, pope walks out Chief Islamic Judge … Read More
Someone sent a photo of her son receiving 1st Holy Communion. Nice! The world keeps turning and we must keep turning toward the Lord.
On his blog Musings of a Pertinacious Papist, Philip Blosser offers the following interesting commentary. You should definitely go over there and read the comments that follow, but this is worthy of discussion here. My emphases and comments. Revisiting the … Read More
My friend John L. Allen, Jr, the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded correspondent for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter has a report with reflections on the Pope’s visit to the Holy Land. My emphases and comments. Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, Israel Especially in light … Read More
Here is an interesting piece from Catholic Culture. My emphases. Prominent rabbi urges Pope to say Jews need not convertMay 11, 2009 The co-chairman of the Bilateral Commission of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel and the Holy See is urging … Read More
The fine Italian language blog Rinascimento Sacro has an interesting post (my translation). Canizares: either Ranjith or a BenedictineAndrea Tornielli The illness of the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, Card. Canizares, now well overcome, caused the delay of … Read More
Here is a list, thanks to Sober Inebriation 70 Bishops so far 1. Bishop John D’Arcy, Fort Wayne-South Bend2. Cardinal Francis George, Chicago3. Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Galveston-Houston4. Archbishop Timothy Dolan, Milwaukee (–> NYC)5. Archbishop John Nienstedt, St. Paul-Minneapolis6. Archbishop Eusebius … Read More
From CNA: English-speaking priests called to Rome for ‘Year for the Priests’ seminar Harrisburg, Pa., May 10, 2009 / 08:41 pm (CNA).- In honor of the 223rd birthday of St. John Vianney, two of the largest English-speaking associations for parish … Read More