SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- WDTPRS – Collect 26th Sunday of Ordinary Time (Novus Ordo): “the bowels of compassion”
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: good works bound up in grace
- Daily Rome Shot 572, etc.
- Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon
- Travel, foreign currency, ATMS and YOU!
- It’s Ember Friday in September. Fast and pray for the Church! DO IT!
- Daily Rome Shot 571, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: My grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- Daily Rome Shot 570, etc. and a special birthday!
- Serotinal autumnal nycthemeral parity
- My View For Awhile: Southbound
- Daily Rome Shot 569, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 568, etc.
- 19 September 2022: The Blood of San Genaro
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Supper with friends
- Daily Rome Shot 567, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 566, etc.
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: A bit of Rome in Chicago
- My View For Awhile: Society Edition
- Daily Rome Shot 565, etc.
- Do know what “Maranatha” is in the Catholic Church? Really?
- ♬ “Let Church Bulletins Keep Silence” ♬
- The effect of lay participation on the souls of priests
- 17 Sept 2022 – Washington DC – Pilgrimage for the Restoration of the Traditional Latin Mass for all Catholics
- 1960: What the year 2000 will be like.
- WDTPRS – 15th Sunday after Pentecost: We will come home to a safe landfall!
- A canceled priest speaks. ACTION ITEM!
- Daily Rome Shot 564, etc.
- Francis goes to Kazakhstan, says stuff and signs something. What could go wrong?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 4 August 2012
My sorting continues. Among the small things I have rediscovered are the Cardinal Zen keychain. And then I found my long lost favorite pyx. Very nice. They don’t make them like that anymore, I’m afraid. I am still waiting for … Read More
Be sure to consult YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS. Some posts as they scroll along. MARS LANDING SOON! Gravity of Mars is now pulling Curiosity. Some notes to review before the LCWR Assembly in St. Louis Wherein women can comment about … Read More
From the JPL: Mars Tugging on Approaching NASA Rover Curiosity August 04, 2012 PASADENA, Calif. – The gravitational tug of Mars is now pulling NASA’s car-size geochemistry laboratory, Curiosity, in for a suspenseful landing in less than 40 hours. [About … Read More
The long-anticipated annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious will soon begin in St. Louis, MO. The local ordinary, Archbp. Robert Carlson is slated to speak at the assembly. There is an article about the assembly at the … Read More
Another entry is being derailed into a discussion of women’s clothing and modesty. It’s a great topic, but was a rabbit hole. Therefore, I am opening this entry here. I will now back out slowly of the room, while whispering … Read More
From the intrepid Andrea Tornielli of Vatican Insider with my emphases and comments. Year of Faith: The first meeting of faithful in favour of the rules of the “Summorum Pontificum” has been called for 3 November and will take place in the … Read More
Here is a little Patristiblogger offering for your midday consideration. This morning a priest friend and I were talking about the problems of leadership and being hated, loved, or feared. Classic question: Is it better to be loved or feared? … Read More
Archbp. Sartain offered to attend LCWR Assembly. In a spirit of dialogue, The Nuns rejected his gesture.
The other day in the National Catholic Register, I read a piece about the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The writer, Ann Carey, is all over this … Read More
According to the traditional Roman calendar, today is the feast of St. Dominic. Happy feast to all Dominicans and Dominics. As I work systematically through my list of intentions for Holy Masses, today brought up His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke! … Read More