SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jaykay on Daily Rome Shot 695: “San Giuseppe al Trionfale – dating from only 1912, as the inscription shows. https://romanchurches.fandom.com/wiki/San_Giuseppe_al_Trionfale Nice to see the formal uniform…”
- JGavin on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “To Mr Fitzpatrick’s comments, I have been struck by the observation that in commercial real estate it can be cheaper…”
- RichR on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “Our priest started using the Latin form.”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “I would argue that if one thinks that lay people are too stupid for Latin, then it naturally follows that…”
- WVC on Daily Rome Shot 694: “@Panterina Same here. I tried a lot of different ideas, and I came up with nothing. I was hoping someone…”
- Simon_GNR on Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again: “For a couple of years my then regular confessor always used the Latin words for the Absolution. He’s a really…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White to move. White is down. My attempt. 1. e7 Rh2+ 2. Bh3 Re2 3. Bg2+ Rxg2 4. e8=Q Aaron…”
- aegsemje on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “Novus Ordo Mass in a very liberal college town, not my normal parish. The priest wore purple vestments. There were…”
- WanderingConvert on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Ite ad Ioseph. Just completed a Novena to him to honor the third year anniversary of my consecration to him.”
- JamesM on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “@yeager An SSPX priest has gone through rigorous formation at seminary prior to ordination. Their seminaries are all full. Rest…”
- JustaSinner on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “Protector of the Holy Church? I’m wondering if he has orders from a Higher Source to sit this one out.”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 694: “I’m afraid this problem is beyond my calculation horizon. Also, so many candidate moves! I tried 1.Qxf7+ and 1.Qxe8 but…”
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 695: “White is down the exchange, but has a passed pawn on e6 that is two moves away from promoting. Black…”
- Jenson71 on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “That’s an interesting interpretation of why Joseph was considering leaving Mary. Matthew seems clear that he was considering of leaving…”
- Charivari Rob on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Patty? Saint Patricia isn’t until August 25. Paddy – he of that nice shade of blue – is the one…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: chapel veils
ASK FATHER: Good sources for chapel veils, mantillas
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father – back in 2009, you posted asking for help finding high-quality chapel veils. Most, if not all of the suggested businesses listed in the answers are closed up, (sad). Could you post the question again, … Read More
ASK FATHER: Priest tells woman not to wear veil at Mass
From a reader… A woman was told by her priest to NOT wear her veil to Mass. It was blessed and so she didn’t know if she was required by obedience to not wear it, or since because it was … Read More
Millennials and chapel veils
The first time I learned of the word “Fashionista” was back in the days of the Catholic Online Forum, when staffers Dawn and Gayle (who made the best, the most beautiful rosaries I’ve ever seen – RIP and prayers for … Read More
Concerning head veils and contexts
In Islamic Saudi Arabia… In the audience with the Holy Father… So, in the Arab Muslim country where women have to cover their heads, nothing. In Rome, where it is the custom of women to cover their heads for audiences … Read More
ASK FATHER: Chapel veil at school Masses
From a readerette: I’m a sophomore in high school, and this past summer I was inspired to wear a veil. I recently obtained one and I suppose I’ll wear it at school Masses now. The thing is, I go to … Read More
ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have noticed at the Traditional Latin Mass I attend that the women cover their heads with their veils once their sit down in their pews. [?!?] I was told by a friend that the norm years … Read More
VIDEO: Chapel veils
UPDATE 8 Sept 2015: I have learned that this fellow/group is claiming my approval. It does not have my approval. As a matter of fact, I am entirely against this group and what he is up to. It’s weird and there is more … Read More
QUAERITUR: Women should cover their heads, not just in church, but all the time?
From a reader: I am a traditional Catholic woman (attend an ICKSP oratory) and always cover my hair when in a church. I was taught that 1 Corinthians 11 is referring to women covering their hair in church only, which … Read More
A note from a happy man about his first TLM experience
I am finally working through the waterfall of email that has been pouring into my inbox. Here is a nice note: I am 45 and I just attended my first Latin Mass. Wow! The only thing in my head was … Read More
A woman’s report on wearing a veil in church for the first time – Fr. Z POLL!
The subject of chapel veils, mantillas, whatever, comes up occasionally. It always excites conversation. My view is that this custom should be revived. According to the Church’s present law, women are not obliged to cover their heads in church. I … Read More
Wherein women can comment about clothing and modesty.
Another entry is being derailed into a discussion of women’s clothing and modesty. It’s a great topic, but was a rabbit hole. Therefore, I am opening this entry here. I will now back out slowly of the room, while whispering … Read More
QUAERITUR: Wore a black chapel veil and women scoffed
From a reader: I wore my black mantilla (it blends in with my dark brown hair better) to an OF Mass this evening for the second time (no issues the first time), but after I arrived, a group of chatty … Read More
QUAERITUR: To veil or not to veil.
From a reader: I’m debating whether or not to start veiling at the Novus Ordo Mass I attend. [She is obviously talking about wearing a chapel veil or head covering in church during Mass.] I find going to Mass puts … Read More
The CDF on a burning issue of our day … wait for it….
… the biblical obligation of head coverings for women in church, … because we haven’t had enough of that yet. The Canonical Defender, Dr. Peters, has added a note to his esteemed commentary on head coverings. Hat tip – (HA! … Read More
QUAERITUR: Chapel veils revisited – What color?
From a priest: A quick question: a woman approached me wondering if there was anything inappropriate in wearing a white veil as an older, married woman. She was told by another parishioner that white is only proper for young women … Read More
Card. Burke on women covering their heads in church
The great Canonical Defender, Dr. Ed Peters has an interesting note on the use… here we go again… about women wearing head coverings in church. He has something from Cardinal Burke in the topic. But first, in a nutshell here … Read More