Yesterday I heard that the Vatican Post was to issue a commemorative stamp honoring Martin Luther. HERE
To honor someone who so publicly ripped asunder the fabric of Christendom is appalling. Who’s next? Judas Iscariot?
This is like:
- Augustus Caesar minting coins honoring Marcus Iunius Brutus
- Sparta founding a momument for Ephialtes
- West Point renaming a building for Benedict Arnold
- Norway designating a national holiday for Vikdun Quisling
- The FBI creating a plaque for the Rosenburgs
I want a special commemorative stamp of Leo X, who excommunicated Luther. His tomb is in Santa Maria sopra Minerva. The next time I’m in Rome, I’ll bring flowers for his grave.