SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- James Straight on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “The Most Reverend Earl K. Fernandes, ordained and installed as the Bishop of Columbus just 1 year and 8 days…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Chicken says: I happened on the instruction sheet for community bread bakers that had been left out on a table.…”
- Kathleen10 on Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z: “Amen, to your prayer Fr Z!”
- MrsBridge on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born October 1945. First of nine in a twenty-year span. Mom on good days: “Say your prayers.” Mom on other…”
- Saint110676 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday: “Instead of a clergy cookout, what does not +Atticus have a clergy golf outing? More fun and more beneficial to…”
- ajf1984 on Unintentional good advice.: “To clarify–I am not saying that the humeral veil should be dispensed with for Benediction! Just that, rather, an enhanced…”
- ajf1984 on Unintentional good advice.: “Along the same lines as L.’s comment, I have trouble squaring the following circle: When Father or Deacon presides at…”
- hwriggles4 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Here’s a story about my dad I have to share: My grandfather was being assigned to the Philippines after WWII.…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “On the other hand, I grew up in the 90s. I didn’t have many friends, and not none at all…”
- PostCatholic on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Are the cords and tassels meant to symbolize something, or are they just ornamental?”
- L. on Unintentional good advice.: “It has never made sense to me that the Bishops want to renew belief in the Real Presence, but, in…”
- JonPatrick on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “I think there was a big change after WW2 when people moved out of the city to the suburbs. There…”
- giveglory on Daily Rome Shot 710: “I just started reading “Crucifixion to Creation”. I love Fr. Mawdsley!”
- jflare29 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: ““…Dad went to work and mom stayed home.” That was the first thing that came to mind for me, too.”
- JabbaPapa on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “Ipsitilla : Not sure if it’s helpful, but the Youtube channel belongs to Joël Devillet, and the original title of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday
- Daily Rome Shot 711
- Unintentional good advice.
- Daily Rome Shot 710
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Anglicans
Anglican Communion suspends US Episcopal Church over same-sex “marriage”
Before anything else let me say: Anglicanorum coetibus! Here’s something slightly interesting. From USA Today: Anglicans suspend Episcopal Church over stance on same-sex marriage The Anglican Communion suspended the Episcopal Church, it’s American branch, from voting and decision-making for three years … Read More
ASK FATHER: Our Episcopal priest recently became a nun….
This was so quirky, that I had to post it. I asked a priest friend to write a response. From a reader… QUAERITUR: Our Episcopal [?] priest recently became a nun. She insists on wearing her habit when serving mass. Is … Read More
How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
Preliminary comments. Priests are for sacrifice. Sacrifice requires priesthood. If you don’t have sacrifice, you don’t need priests. You can have ministers, instead. Ministers are fine, but they aren’t priests. Second, Anglicans/Episcopalians don’t have priests because they don’t have valid … Read More
Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
In the wake of the decision of the State tethered Church of England to have wyshyps (female bishops), the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham set up a “Exploration Day”. You know that the Ordinariate was created according to the … Read More
Anglicans have a home
Across the pond in Ol’ Blighty, the Church of England has approved female bishops. This was inevitable. The CofE is on the State’s leash and the State blows with (and creates) the wind of social changes, trends, fads, etc. But … Read More
The Wrong Stuff: Anglicans on the course of self-destruction.
One of our frequent commentators here sent me this (appetite spoiling) photo with this: The Right Stuff? (Remember the scene with the 7 astronauts in space suits? Get a load of these photos of “clergy” arriving for vote on wymen … Read More
Church of England to dump “sin” and “devil” from baptism rite?
The leading prelate of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who recently called Pope Francis his own Person of the Year, has been a busy bee! From The Mail: [Archpb. of Canterbury] Welby [Anglican] casts out ‘sin’ … Read More
Pope Francis changes rules for who can join Anglican Ordinariates
This is really interesting. Do you remember some reports that, not long ago, some people were claiming that Pope Francis, still in Argentina, pooh-pooed any need for an Anglican Ordinariate. Remember that? BBC HERE. Read what follows and ask yourself … Read More
Lutheran Ordinariate coming?
Vatican Insider has something today about some Lutherans who are getting nervous about the Holy Father establishing an Ordinariate for Lutherans, along the lines of that which he established for Anglicans. “A Lutheran ordinariate? That’s a bad sign” An ordinariate … Read More
Are liberals baffled by the rising of the Traditional Roman Rite? Yes. And terrified.
Over at Real Clear Religion there is something that I am finally getting around to talking about and that you should look at. Here are some high points with my emphases and comments. The Rise of Latin Mass Youth by George … Read More
Church of England to allow homosexual bishops in civil partnerships
There is a story at CNA/EWTN that made me chuckle a little. What for what is wrong with this (including the terminology). London, England, Jan 4, 2013 / 06:05 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Church of England has decided to permit … Read More
Take the Women’s Ordination Conference! Please?
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Read More
London: Soho homosexual Masses to end, parish entrusted to Ordinariate
In the UK’s best Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Herald, we read some doubly-good news. Archbishop Nichols ends ‘Soho Masses’ after six years By MARK GREAVES Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has announced that Masses in Soho organised for gay people … Read More
Her Majesty’s Boxing Day present to Archbishop Williams
On Boxing Day, Her Majesty the Queen conferred a peerage on the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams. From the official site of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Peerage for the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury Wednesday 26th December 2012 The Queen … Read More
UK Anglican Ordinariate finally gets a parish!
GREAT NEWS FROM ENGLAND! From the site of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham. I’ll add a comment, below. Ordinariate priest appointed to South London parish An announcement was made yesterday (Sunday) that the Parish of the Most Precious … Read More
Prefect of CDF on Anglican Ordinariate and SSPX
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald with my emphases: Head of the CDF urges Catholics to welcome ordinariate converts Catholics in England and Wales should welcome members of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, the new … Read More
Community of Anglican Nuns to join the UK Ordinariate
Thanks to Anglicanorum coetibus, this comes today for your “Just Too Cool” file or your “Brick by Brick” file or your “Benedict XVI is the Pope of Christian Unity” file: HISTORIC COMMUNITY OF ANGLICANS NUNS TO JOIN ORDINARIATE A group … Read More
Reason #5466 for “Romanorum coetibus”!
In England, there is a new Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury. In the USA, in the Episcopal Church, I read thanks to a link sent by a priest friend, that there is a new Episcopal Bishop in the Diocese of Eau … Read More
New Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury – a new hope!
Via the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald… Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has welcomed the appointment of the Rt Rev Justin Welby, Bishop of Durham, as the next Archbishop of Canterbury. Writing on behalf of the … Read More
Reason #756 for why Anglicans must issue “Romanorum coetibus”
On his way out, Anglican Archbp. Rowan Williams really has to get his crew to issue Romanorum coetibus. No, really. They are so very… progressive. They are so far ahead of us Catholics. For example, I read in The … Read More