SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Panterina on Daily Rome Shot 694: “I’m afraid this problem is beyond my calculation horizon. Also, so many candidate moves! I tried 1.Qxf7+ and 1.Qxe8 but…”
- Jenson71 on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “That’s an interesting interpretation of why Joseph was considering leaving Mary. Matthew seems clear that he was considering of leaving…”
- Charivari Rob on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “Patty? Saint Patricia isn’t until August 25. Paddy – he of that nice shade of blue – is the one…”
- Liz on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : “St Joseph, Dispenser of the Treasures of the Sacred Heart…we love that one too. I can never get over that…”
- diaconus_in_urbe on 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church! : ““101. 1. In accordance with the centuries-old tradition of the Latin rite, the Latin language is to be retained by…”
- JGavin on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “To my surprise, Rose coloured vestments. This was the second time in 24 years at the parish I have seen…”
- FrCharles on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty: “When I was a deacon, I served in one of our Capuchin parishes in a diocese adjacent to where I…”
- Anneliese on YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS: “If I can, I’d like to throw in a couple of more prayer requests, please. Firstly, please pray for the…”
- JPaulZ on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “Absolutely beautiful. What are the rest of us doing wrong? However, Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants may find the facility an…”
- Sandy on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “St. Joseph has become very special to me also, in some serious needs for intercession. For a long time, Father…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith: “Father K: Save us some time. And, by the way, I worked in that Commission for 10 years. And if…”
- Synonymous_Howard on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: “What a blessing that book has been to my spiritual life as a father. I would recommend it to everyone.”
- Flos Carmeli on LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying: ““….so concretely that it’s amusing.” This is a good way of putting it! One of my own St. Joseph stories…”
- JonPatrick on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments: “NO mass, the Gospel of the man born blind. We are often blind to what is going on around us…”
- Mariana2 on Meanwhile, in Kansas: “Beautiful.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- A peek at the Moon
- Daily Rome Shot 692
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 23: Thursday 3rd Week – Jesus applies the remedies
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Positions available for Catholic, Latin-speaking Latin teachers
- Daily Rome Shot 691
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 22: Wednesday 3rd Week – Whom Christ loves and what He despises
- Daily Rome Shot 690
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 21: Tuesday 3rd Week – Help and hospitality
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 20: Monday 3rd Week – Washing Naaman
- Daily Rome Shot 689
- Meanwhile, in Germany they are really connecting with the people and “zusammen gehen” and all that.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday of Lent 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: ordination of women
NEW can. 1379 § 3 makes a canonical crime an attempt to ordain a woman to ANY of the three sacred orders (episcopate, priesthood, diaconate)
Yesterday I wrote about the new Book VI of the Latin Church’s Code of Canon Law. This new Book VI, dealing with offenses and punishments, completely replaces the older version. Some changes are mere rearranging. Others are more substantive. Yesterday … Read More
Liberal Ass. of U.S. Catholic Priests is now pushing for the ordination of women
I read at Church Militant that the renegade, liberal Ass. of U.S. Catholic Priests is now pushing for the ordination of women, first to the diaconate. This is not going to happen, but the confusion sown by such support warrants … Read More
ASK FATHER: Indulgence for kissing a new priest’s hands
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is there really an indulgence for kissing the hands of a newly ordained priest? I’ve heard different accounts. And how long is “newly”? I have written about this before. For example, HERE. There is no indulgence, … Read More
Spectacular B as in B, S as in S
Today in the reading for St. Venerable Bede, we heard from St. Paul to Timothy: For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their … Read More
CELEBRATE! 26th Anniversary of “Ordinatio sacerdotalis”!
I have a wonderful bottle of cava in the fridge. Today, being a Vigil, is not usually a celebratory day for me, but I can’t help but let out a little whoop of joy. The lesbian writer, who was so … Read More
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) on the YACOD (aka YET ANOTHER Commission on Deaconettes)
The Fishwrap has an article replete with wailing and hand ringing. In a nut shell (a pretty good description of what’s inside the wrap that is that publication) they lament that there are members of YET ANOTHER Commission on women … Read More
The “logical union of women’s ordination and sodomy”
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Read More
Card. Müller on the ordination of Deaconettes: “not necessary and not possible”
As you may remember, some months ago Pope Francis saw to the creation of a group to study the question of female deacons (aka deaconesses, aka deaconettes). Last November, when the group met for the first time, I wrote: “Their … Read More
I’m sure you’ve heard the word “jesuitical”.
You may have read about how, during the airplane presser on the way back from Sweden, Pope Francis was asked a question about the ordination of women. The Pope slammed the door hard, saying, “Never“, which on my planet, which … Read More
Pope Francis again slammed door – hard – on ordination of women
Pope Francis, during an airplane presser (please, God, end them) responded to a question about ordination of women. This would be a question of some importance to Protestants who “ordain” women and to the catholic wymyn who push such nonsense. … Read More
Women-priest fakers AGAIN allow Protestants to define who Catholics are. Fr. Z rants about consequences.
First, those who promote ordination of women as deacons (aka deaconettes) claim that they are only interested in diaconate for women, not priesthood. While your planet’s yellow sun doesn’t give me mind reading powers, I think that’s not true. No … Read More
A proposal for wymynpriests
Via AlmanaccoDiRoma: On 22 August 1764, during the pontificate of Clement XIII, at Campo de’ Fiori, the hermit Giuseppe Morelli was hanged, guilty for having “celebrated 29 Masses with consecration without being a priest and for received alms from the faithful.” … Read More
Wherein Fr. Z has a little fun with Jesuit mockery
A few days ago Jesuit Fr. Thomas Reese, who had been relieved of his post as editor of America Magazine when Card. Ratzinger was Prefect of the CDF, and who now writes for the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) came … Read More
Who are the members of the new “women deacons” study group?
The Holy Father appointed a committee to study – again – the notion of ordination of women as deacons. This was already studied by the International Theological Commission, which leaned away from the possibility of sacramental ordination. It is good to … Read More
Excommunicated women’s ordination advocates meet with official of Secretariat of State
It is possible that some wywympryst wannabes, representatives of the militant women’s association Women’s Ordination Worldwide (WOW), are supposed to meet with someone in the Vatican. Via Eponymous Flower and Katholisches.info. I think most of these wymyn and those who … Read More
Some feminine observations about deaconesses (aka deaconettes)
Did you all know that, a few years ago, the question of deaconettes was put to the International Theological Commission (under the aegis of the CDF)? Yes, indeed! HERE The Commission has no teaching authority. However, they did come down … Read More
Why aren’t feminists angry at Francis for his foot washing changes?
Today I muse about why catholic feminists (an oxymoron – emphasis on moron – I know, but bear with me) are not vexed by Pope Francis and his dramatically public choice to wash the feet of non-Christians. Think this through for … Read More
Comments Off on Why aren’t feminists angry at Francis for his foot washing changes?
ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! “Should women be ordained deacons?” – UPDATED
Get to it! ___ ORIGINAL Published on: Oct 16, 2015 @ 09:15 I have an ACTION ITEM for you. Perhaps other bloggers, in a spirit of collaboration, will pick this up. You might consider going over to CRUX – again, in … Read More
Pope Francis: Women priests? “NO.”
Women don’t have the capacity to receive the sacrament of holy orders because they lack maleness. That is the case for both the priesthood and the diaconate. Not male? No ordination. During the during his flight back to Rome from … Read More