SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Of gauntlets, spaghetti wall art, and St. Robert Bellarmine
- LIVE VIDEO – 8 March 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Monday 3rd Week of Lent
- Daily Rome Shot 96
- Plus ça change
- LENTCAzT 2021: 20 – Monday 3rd Week of Lent: “Humility is the great test”
- The first oak selected for the new spire of Notre-Dame de Paris
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday of Lent 2021
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – Sunday 7 March ’21
- A different compendium
- Daily Rome Shot 95
- LENTCAzT 2021: 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Basilicas and Aquinas
- Another “We are our rites!” rant from Fr. Z
- WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday of Lent (2002MR): Two wings of prayer
- Daily Rome Shot 94
- LENTCAzT 2021: 18 – Saturday 2nd Week of Lent: Prodigal sons
- Antonio Socci on the recent Corriere piece with and about Benedict XVI
- Daily Rome Shot 93
- LENTCAzT 2021: 17 – Friday 2nd Week of Lent: “How to get the Savior to answer prayers”
- HUGE NEWS! IDENTIFIED: Remains of Servant of God, Army Chaplain Fr. Emil Kapaun (MofH in Korean War!)
- SAVE THE LITURGY – SAVE THE WORLD! A TLM community reports in with GOOD NEWS
- NEW COMPENDIUM BOOK: Defending the Faith against Present Heresies….
- @BishopBarron on Barron. @EricSammons on Barron. Wherein @FatherZ rants.
- Latin Liturgy Association: complimentary one-year membership for priests and seminarians
- Daily Rome Shot 92
- LENTCAzT 2021: 16 – Thursday 2nd Week of Lent: “The snare”
- PRAYER REQUEST
- ASK FATHER: Mass intention register … in Latin
- Rome Shot 91
- LENTCAzT 2021: 15 – Wednesday 2nd Week of Lent: “Each of is in a certain place and God either wills it or permits it.”
- Rome Shot 90
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: swag
‘Tis the season for ordinations! I am getting lots of questions about what to give the newly ordained. First and foremost, cash and gift cards are always welcome. It doesn’t seem very personal, but unless you are pretty close to … Read More
In my online store there are some new items of Z-swag for Pope Francis. Among them are mugs and other drinkware. And car magnets….
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”. Go there … Read More
I have an ongoing project which plagues me (see my wishlist) and, in the midst of my travails, a box I had saved from Cafepress which I thought was empty turned up. When I made the new version of the … Read More
I added another option to the “We Love Our Priests” (etc.) swag store. There are bumperstickers and car magnets. You can buy one at a time or in packs for distribution.
In light of all that is going on, and in light of the fact that I have put some combative swag in my online store, I wanted to do something positive. Some days ago I created a new bunch of … Read More
A kind reader, who is obviously a person of great intelligence and excellent taste, purchased a “Lex Orandi Lex Credendi” car magnet from my swag store, took a photo of same, and sent it in. It is a little hard … Read More
Today is the 7th anniversary of the election of Benedict XVI. Ad multos annos! Please pray for the Holy Father, today and every day. Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? I ask this every year … Read More
Every once in a while people send in photos of their Z-Swag “in the wild”. Fun! From a reader: Got the CafePress delivery today and I went about to place the goods right away when I got off the train … Read More
By coincidence, three people wrote to me today about “Save the Liturgy – Save the World” swag. I was prompted to look at the old design and to create a better, more useful file. Along the line I made a … Read More