SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Adventures in Sunday Worship: St. Anne’s UPDATE and some liturgical dance in New York
- Daily Rome Shot 804
- Prayer request for an amazing priest blogger
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 17th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O.: 25th) 2023
- Daily Rome Shot 803
- LONG LOST AUDIO of funny Latin speech about how Latin is spoken with different accents
- Daily Rome Shot 802
- Daily Rome Shot 801 – PORT in a storm and poem on “walking together”
- Card. Müller advises Bp. Strickland of Tyler NOT to resign.
- Concerning Tolkien
- Daily Rome Shot 800
- September Ember Days
- Daily Rome Shot 799
- Card. Sarah wrote about Joseph Ratzinger and Sacred Liturgy… has the article been “cancelled”?
- The Synod on Synodality (“walking together on walking togetherity”) tackles the problem of its own CO2 emissions
- Daily Rome Shot 798
- Daily Rome Shot 797
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O.: 24th) 2023 – 3rd Sunday in the “Season of Creation”
- Adventures in Sunday Worship: St. Anne’s and the Season of Creation
- Daily Rome Shot 796
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-09-07 – Annual priest convocation
- Daily Rome Shot 795
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: We need grace so as not to fail in the vocations God entrusts to us
- 15 September: Feast of the Seven Sorrows of Mary – The “Our Lady of Sorrows Project”
- Daily Rome Shot 794
- REMEMBER! There’s only ONE expression of the Roman Rite. You can’t have your Vetus! It’s all Novus! All the time!
- Clarifications clarify the clarity of the clearness clarified.
- Card. Müller calls the October Synod (“walking together”): “the great hour of manipulation”
- Daily Rome Shot 793
- Fr. Antonio Spadaro, SJ, leaves La Civiltà Cattolica to become “Under-Secretary” at Dicastery for Culture and Education
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: swag
‘Tis the season for ordinations! I am getting lots of questions about what to give the newly ordained. First and foremost, cash and gift cards are always welcome. It doesn’t seem very personal, but unless you are pretty close to … Read More
In my online store there are some new items of Z-swag for Pope Francis. Among them are mugs and other drinkware. And car magnets….
My good friend, His Hermeneuticalness, the great Dean of Bexley and p.p. of Blackfen, the unabashedly Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist, Fr. Tim Finigan, posted at his excellent blog shot of some of my Cafepress Z-Swag caught “in the wild”. Go there … Read More
I have an ongoing project which plagues me (see my wishlist) and, in the midst of my travails, a box I had saved from Cafepress which I thought was empty turned up. When I made the new version of the … Read More
I added another option to the “We Love Our Priests” (etc.) swag store. There are bumperstickers and car magnets. You can buy one at a time or in packs for distribution.
In light of all that is going on, and in light of the fact that I have put some combative swag in my online store, I wanted to do something positive. Some days ago I created a new bunch of … Read More
A kind reader, who is obviously a person of great intelligence and excellent taste, purchased a “Lex Orandi Lex Credendi” car magnet from my swag store, took a photo of same, and sent it in. It is a little hard … Read More
Today is the 7th anniversary of the election of Benedict XVI. Ad multos annos! Please pray for the Holy Father, today and every day. Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? I ask this every year … Read More
Every once in a while people send in photos of their Z-Swag “in the wild”. Fun! From a reader: Got the CafePress delivery today and I went about to place the goods right away when I got off the train … Read More
By coincidence, three people wrote to me today about “Save the Liturgy – Save the World” swag. I was prompted to look at the old design and to create a better, more useful file. Along the line I made a … Read More