Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
There are a LOT of discounts right now. Remember me when shopping. Just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Bryan D. Boyle: Offered at the foot of St. Anne in her shrine: “Sei gneur, accorde-lu i le repos éternel, et que la lumière perpétuell e brille sur lui. Que son âme et les âmes de tous les...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Taylor Marshall did a very interestin g interview about the history of the traditiona list movement with Michael Matt, the son of Alphonse Matt. He talked about his fathe...
- Charivari Rob: Interestin gly, LGA was NYC’ s home to seaplanes. The old clippers flew in and out using the still-stan ding, still-used Marine Air Terminal.
- Charivari Rob: In fairness, I should have added that an Airtrain link to subway and commuter railroad is in the planning pipeline (though I have no idea how long that might take)
- GypsyMom: Would he also hold the hand of a racist and accompany him as he spit out racial epithets? Or of a rich employer as he exploited his poor employees? Or of a big business executive as he...
- Charivari Rob: The notion that LGA is NYC’ s primary airport is arguable, but yes, it does suffer in comparison to the others for Transit access. …and yeah, that Robert Moses was a pip.
- Kevin: I pray that those young men serving have a vocation to the Priesthood . The one draped with the vimpae (is that correct?) seems especially deep in prayer.
- JamesA: Thank you for this wonderful offering, Father, and for all that you do for Christ and His Church.
- Danteewoo: Hold the hand of the person committing suicide, and then tell him that this is the first time you have held the hand of a person as he went to Hell.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): No surprise here. Isn’t Paglia the one with the blasphemou s mural in his cathedral, in which he himself is depicted?
- Semper Gumby: abdiesus: It’s “Ebe rstadt. 221; She’ s written “Pri mal Screams: How The Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics 8221;, and “How the West...
- scoot: I had the pleasure of attending a talk by Card. Burke some years ago when he visited the Diocese of Arlington. This was pre-conver sion, I think maybe even right before I started RCIA. I was...
- Amerikaner: Paglia: Even though he considers it wrong, he will help hold a bank robberR 17;s bags o’ money. One must promote the culture of cash.
- semperficatholic: Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. I pray daily for all departed souls and now he will be included in those praye...
- William: Likewise, instead of protesting abortion clinics, we should be escorting women into them.
- Gerard Plourde: To follow up on the comments made by Suburbanba nshee and Fr. Z. upthread, the observatio n that the linguistic usage may reflect that of an earlier time, this phenomenon was also...
- Claudio Salvucci: We never called it “gra vy” growing up…m y parents were born in Italy and only came here in the 60s. But there are many Italian-Am ericans whose families have...
- teomatteo: “ 230;suppor t SSAd persons 230;” ; That is next. “One can attend a homomarria ge as to accompany them.̶ 1; Theses clergy are snakes.
- Fr. Kelly: Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. For many years, the Wanderer was the only Catholic Newsweekly in these USA, and the...
- poohbear: Growing up just north of NYC, my Italian immigrant grandparen ts and family called it sauce if it was tomato, oil or cream based. Gravy is whats made from meat drippings. The Hungar...
- Anneliese: When is the good Lord bringing fire and brimstone down on the Earth? I know we’r e called to make reparation s and offer penances for those (in addition to our own) who have...
- SanSan: A good an faithful servant! May he be granted eternal rest in the loving arms of our Lord Jesus. Prayers for his dear family.
- Kathleen10: Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord. May he rest in peace, amen. Our condolence s to the entire Matt family. It must be excellent to go to the Lord with so much accomplish ed on behalf...
- Fredi D'Alessio: My parents were born in America, but all four of my grandparen ts were born in Italy. My grandmothe rs, born in different regions of Italy, didn’t learn to cook from America...
- PostCatholic: I had the pleasant adventure of landing at the 23rd St Skyport Marina this summer. The East River is a spectacula r runway, plus you’ re in Midtown as soon as you step off the...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- A few more pics of the beautiful Mass with Card. Burke
- Note the twisted moral logic of those in power today
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST: Alphonse Matt, publisher of The Wanderer – R.I.P.
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 11: Tabernacling Himself in His own creation.
- VIDEO: @BishopHying of @MadisonDiocese in Rome for the ad limina visit 1 & 2
- NYC Day 1: Italian Sauce or Gravy
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 10: “Some candle clear burns somewhere I come by.”
- Pontifical Mass with Card. Burke
- STUDIES: When highly developed cultures undergo sexual revolution and license they collapse with monotonous regularity within three generations
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 09: Head and heart
- My View For Awhile: Gotham Assault
- Happy 14th Birthday, Blog!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 08: “How beautiful thou art, O Lady”
- More homosexualist rubbish from – wait for it! – German bishops!
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 07: “O Come Redeemer of the Earth”
- ASK FATHER: Do I sin if I think that Benedict XVI on purpose didn’t resign the papacy?
- Reflections on the symbolism of the altar rail or Communion rail and some practical suggestions
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 06: “Jesus thirsts for us to thirst for Him.”
- Stepping on the Third Gear
- Newly Received! Challenge Coin – Coloring Books – Bibles – 2020 Ordo
- ASK FATHER: Are vestments made of materials other than silk tolerated for Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- APR [Abortion Pill Reversal] 1,000 babies saved since 2012
- Sending snail-mail 2019 Christmas cards
- Solemn Requiem Mass for the late Bp. Robert C. Morlino, prayers also for Bp. Paul Sirba – VIDEO/AUDIO sermon
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 05: Angelic suggestions or our own thoughts?
- MADISON – 4 Dec – 6:30PM – Solemn Requiem Mass for Bp. Robert C. Morlino
- ADVENTCAzT 2019 04: When liturgical participation became “doing”
- Fulton Sheen’s Beatification put on hold at the request of “some bishops”.
- ACTION ITEM! #GivingTuesday suggestions from @FatherZ
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: voice mail
I have been able to review… rehear?… my recent voicemail. Among the various (no doubt well-meaning) messages concerning how I ought to live, how I ought to think, and how I ought to change pretty much everything I have ever … Continue reading
I had a question in my VoiceMail from a reader. I believe what the questioner is asking about is the Collection of Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary which, I believe, comes in two volumes, a missal for the altar and a … Continue reading
I think my Guardian Angel prompted some good feedback over the last few hours. I really needed it. First, from a reader: Based on your recommendation, my wife and I watched The Nightingale last night – US HERE – UK HERE … Continue reading
I very much enjoy most of the voice mail I receive through my US and UK phone numbers and directly through Skype. First, to the lady in Cleveland who wants me to write something that she can “un-apologetically rip off” for … Continue reading
I very much appreciate getting voice mails. Here are a couple items. First… you may recall that I had posted voice mail with an ACTION ITEM (HERE) about a screening of the new Star Wars movie for a seminarian dying … Continue reading
I just anted-up for my virtual phone numbers again. Sooo… I hope they will be used. NB: Every once in a while it happens that – for reasons I don’t understand – I can’t download some voice mails. I can’t … Continue reading
I have received a few more voice mails. Since I pay a fee for the two phone numbers, USA and UK, I am glad when they are used. Here is a lady who gives voice to the frustration that quite a few … Continue reading
I have received a few more voice mails. It has been a while since I posted about them. Here is this one, from across the pond. A second came in just after I posted this, reacting (in part) to the … Continue reading
I have received a few more voicemails… Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. Matt of the Navy, a husband and father, left a very supportive voice mail and feed back. He is scared about the future. So am … Continue reading
I have received a few more voicemails… Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. I had couple hangups from timid people, but this one really stood out. R in NC attended Mass in the Extraordinary Form for … Continue reading
I have received a few more voicemails… Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. Greg in Denver says he once called from a hospital 5 years ago. He wanted this time to thank people for prayers, thank this online community, … Continue reading
I get interesting voice mail. Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. To the woman in South Africa: Unfortunately, I couldn’t understand most of what you said, because of the poor audio quality the voice mail. It … Continue reading
I get interesting voice mail. Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. To the lady in S. Texas: By all means write to Card. Müller! If they determine that it is a matter for the Congregation for … Continue reading
I have had a few voice mails recently, some from the USA and a couple from the UK. I generally don’t return calls, but I do get your messages. To the person in Buffalo, NY last week, yes, profanation of … Continue reading