SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 22/10 – Day 10: Getting it together
- Daily Rome Shot 578, etc.
- “The Devil, the Enemy of the soul, always tells us what he is up to.” Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium!
- How can the “four camps” in the Church be reconciled?
- My View For Awhile: Romeward Bound
- Daily Rome Shot 577, etc. – Hurricane Early Edition
- Wolves v. Bear, Windswept House, and the Belgian Waffle Bishops.
- Daily Rome Shot 576, etc.
- “This has the logo of the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops. ” Prepare for a rough ride.
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic layman officiate at the marriage of non-Catholics?
- Daily Rome Shot 575, etc.
- I now may have seen it all.
- Ad repellendas tempestates… Prayers for the repelling of storms.
- Daily Rome Shot 574, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! Gulf Coast BISHOPS, PRIESTS, LAITY: Pray the Litany against Tropical Storm #Ian
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals in large print for people with low vision
- Daily Rome Shot 573, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS – UPDATED
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 16th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 26th Sunday): “Is there a vice which God must hate more than pride?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- WDTPRS – Collect 26th Sunday of Ordinary Time (Novus Ordo): “the bowels of compassion”
- WDTPRS – 16th Sunday after Pentecost: good works bound up in grace
- Daily Rome Shot 572, etc.
- Persecution by Rome of the Bp. of Fréjus-Toulon – UPDATED
- Travel, foreign currency, ATMS and YOU!
- It’s Ember Friday in September. Fast and pray for the Church! DO IT!
- Daily Rome Shot 571, etc.
- ASK FATHER: My grandparents were Masons. Is there demonic attachment now for generations?
- Daily Rome Shot 570, etc. and a special birthday!
- Serotinal autumnal nycthemeral parity
- My View For Awhile: Southbound
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Reader Feedback
From a reader… I was the gentleman that called you in February and thanked you for harping on getting the Apostolic Pardon for the dying. I did that for my father, Daniel, and left a message after he passed. You … Read More
First, I had a note from a reader/watcher who picked up on my donkey comments in my commentary at 1 Peter 5. She wrote, riffing on my remarks, … I laughed when I read your article on 1P5 because we … Read More
I received a note from a reader. I was praying this litany of the English Martyrs today. Please note we implore them to always preserve the Latin Mass, something they died for in many cases. Perhaps in these remarkable times … Read More
“Why do I do this?”, I sometimes ask myself. “Does this make any difference at all?” Then an answer arrives out of the blue. In 2015 I asked for your financial help for a young man who aspired to join … Read More
From my voicemail… this is fun. This fellow on 30 March was able to follow my live-streamed Mass. HERE He sent me a message in Latin! Gratias libenter propter verba sententiasque persolvo! How to reach my voicemail. Nota bene: I … Read More
I received some interesting feedback today from a reader in England: From a reader… Thank you very much indeed for The Divine Mass, today. I counted up to 50 “Virtual” Congregation Members, today. You will be pleased to know that … Read More
The other day I posted an excerpt from an offering by Peter Kwasniewski at NLM, under my title: “Why we Say The Black and Do The Red“. In a nutshell, the traditional manner of proclaiming or chanting the readings during … Read More
I appreciate the feedback I get from readers through my CONTACT form (always on the top menu). It makes my day and keeps me motivated. I was just a teenager when I started reading your words of wisdom on the … Read More
Occasionally I get feedback that really helps. Today I received this: Wow. This, friends, gets to me. The token she mentions is something from my wish list, a recording of The Passion of Saint Thomas More by composer Garrett Fisher. … Read More
From a priest reader comes some feedback for you readers… I am the recently ordained priest who offered the ordinary form in Latin for a community within in parish that is accustomed to the extraordinary rite. Thank you so much … Read More
From a reader: Knowing well that a positive note can be a good thing for the soul, I just wanted to write a message to thank you for continually helping me (and I presume many others) to “man up” and … Read More
I had a question in my VoiceMail from a reader. I believe what the questioner is asking about is the Collection of Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary which, I believe, comes in two volumes, a missal for the altar and a … Read More
‘Tis the season for processions. We Catholics love to process with the Blessed Sacrament and in honor of the Most Sacred Heart of the Lord and also to venerate Our Lady and many patronal saints. Some time ago I posted … Read More
This is very cool feedback. From a reader… Dear Father, I would like to thank you for your post “Digging into Vox Clara” [One of my old PODCAzTs – 077 08-12-16 – An Advent hymn dissected “Vox clara”, with digressions] from … Read More
I appreciate notes and feedback, especially like this. From a reader… I *finally* took the advice that you keep hammering into the readers of your blog and went to confession last evening, a year since my last confession. I’m glad … Read More
Some reader feedback. First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there. For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE Next, a snail mail card from a fellow … Read More
I think my Guardian Angel prompted some good feedback over the last few hours. I really needed it. First, from a reader: Based on your recommendation, my wife and I watched The Nightingale last night – US HERE – UK HERE … Read More
I get lots of email. Some of it is friendly. Some of it is not. Here is some friendly feedback: Based in large part on what I have read on this blog, I recently began going to the Latin Mass at … Read More
I get interesting voice mail. Remember, I don’t call back, but I listen to it. To the lady in S. Texas: By all means write to Card. Müller! If they determine that it is a matter for the Congregation for … Read More