"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- SPWang said I think Fr. Withoos is a fine replacement. Tell hi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: I deleted some weird speculation comments tha...
- jhayes said Source for the quote in my last post: http://lapo...
- jhayes said It seems to me that the critical statement is that...
- Kathleen10 said Some bones are going to come our way. It wouldn&...
- dinsdale said Regarding the auxiliary not offering the TLM since...
- Dave N. said My guess is that at a bare minimum, half of all pr...
- Sonshine135 said My sincere hope and prayer is that Pope Francis op...
- KM Edwards said Archbishop Lefebvre was a good and holy bishop. H...
- Suburbanbanshee said Mostly what it’s saying is that the OCR pers...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get well soon, Cardinal Pell! It must be hard to g...
- Unwilling said For there must be heresies among you, so that the...
- Pat said Padre, while in Rome you may have less time to sur...
- marcelus said Well, news today out in the press is that Archbsp...
- excalibur said Why would they trust Rome in light of the treatmen...
- acroat said I doubt any progress during the pontificate of Pop...
- Gerard Plourde said I agree that this is a welcome gesture on the part...
- Mike said Interesting. I wonder who imposed the “doctr...
- Fr_Sotelo said I don’t believe the Society is capable of ...
- Jack Orlando said To move forward, the Society should: 1. recognize...
- paterscotus said This could be good news, indeed. The Society has...
- Liam said This is peculiar from today’s VIS updateR...
- Bea said You mean Our Lord didn’t say : “Go for...
- Bea said I hope all traditionalists travel with their own &...
- jbpolhamus said God come to our assistance!, and Lord make HASTE t...
- stephentamke said Nice to see another BCP commenter on the site!
- oldcanon2257 said Father Z wrote: The big move is going to have to c...
- Landless Laborer said Alan S, Suburbanbanshee, Venerator, thank you for...
- Henry Edwards said Fr. Z: “Would that include illicit witnessing of m...
- Netmilsmom said Well Patrick Archibold said that Pope Francis is t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: January 2006
These days a horrible war has been declared on boys and young men in common culture, which is riddled with the rot of a degrading type of feminism and, now, effeminacy among men in the form of homosexual traits. Pray to St. John Bosco in this time of need, especially that boys and men who have need of good and wholesome father figures may find them soon. Continue reading
Following tradition, Pope Benedict addressed himself at the beginning of the year to the judges and other canonists of the Roman Rota, the court which deals primarily as the court of appeal for matrimonial nullity cases. This annual allocution is … Continue reading
Ronald J. Rychlak ("Rishlak") has produced another good book in defense of THE TRUTH. You might know him already from his masterly Hitler, the War and the Pope. Now there comes, Righteous Gentiles: How Pius XII And the Catholic Church … Continue reading
You know about the Roman Canon. You know about canons in Rome. Here is an interesting story about the possible burial of Civil War era cannons in a cemetery of Rome, Georgia. It is worth the time to read it.
Rah! Rah! Ski-U-Mah. Rah! Rah! Rah!
March on, March on to Victory.
Loyal Sons of the Varsity.
Fight on, Fight on for Minnesota.
For the glory of the Old Maroon and Gold. Continue reading
Happy New Year 2006!
I had a wonderful experience today. I went with a friend, an ancient Chinese priest, a canon of St. Peter’s Basilica, who has been in Rome for many years, since before the whole sad … Continue reading
O God, who made blessed Thomas
outstanding in zeal for holiness and diligent in application to doctrine,
grant to us, we beg You,
both to fix our eyes by our intellect carefully on the things which he taught,
and also to fulfill by our imitation the things which he accomplished in action. Continue reading
Things are really looking up in Michigan, aren’t they. Think about it. First, they were blessed to receive His Excellency Robert Carlson as Bishop of Saginaw. Bishop Carlson is a real straight shooter and sound fellow all … Continue reading
To my astonishment, in the 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes I could no find a single child… not a single child… who could tell me even the name of ONE of the sacraments, much less what a sacrament is or, imagine, what a sacramental is. So, I spent a little time in each class explaining what a sacrament is. I figured that if the kids were going to HOLY COMMUNION at school Masses, they might as well know that “that piece of bread thing”* was a sacrament. Continue reading