Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said SKAY, It is worth repeating something interesting...
- SKAY said “In comments at his Monday in-air interview...
- Lorenz said The e-mail address of Pierre De Charentenay is: pi...
- Alanmac said Speaking of Jesuits, one of the most apostate is a...
- Joe in Canada said I have a question regarding the current liturgical...
- martin.c said Errata: In my previous comment, the first quote sh...
- martin.c said Although I admire Fr. Fessio’s courage and l...
- Bob Glassmeyer said Kate, very well said! I, too, genuflect out of re...
- Uxixu said A few good Jesuits but unfortunately appear to be...
- frahobbit said Bob Glassmeyer says: 29 January 2015 at 12:02 pm &...
- ad Deum said Check out recent The Remnant newspaper article on...
- Uxixu said It definitely doesn’t make sense for the new...
- Sonshine135 said Highmass, How much longer? Until we get off our hi...
- Uxixu said “Whatever about the “cumbersome” bit – and t...
- Andrew said Eurythmia est venusta species commodusque in compo...
- Sonshine135 said Pope Francis didn’t expend one word in defen...
- MrsMacD said I have a similar problem when I go to Mass in a ne...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Sounds like a good dude.
- ray from mn said If there is a large, great crucifix [not the ̶...
- Bosco said Incidentally, then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger wrote...
- Emilio said Thank Heaven that there was time in Benedict’...
- Robbie said Not too long ago, the NFL Network did a show about...
- Mike said Anyone citing “widespread damage” shou...
- Bosco said Remember this not so long ago prediction/sermon on...
- Giuseppe said I went to a church for a few years where the high...
- JesusFreak84 said I usually attend an Eastern Rite parish, and bowin...
- Traductora said Getting back to the substance of Fr Fessio’s...
- Gerard Plourde said Like Nicholas, I find that in the past year my kne...
- Magash said At the parish where I am a catechist things are tr...
- Hans said Thanks for the link, Venerator Sti Lot.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS Collect 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “Billy loves bugs.”
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: January 2006
These days a horrible war has been declared on boys and young men in common culture, which is riddled with the rot of a degrading type of feminism and, now, effeminacy among men in the form of homosexual traits. Pray to St. John Bosco in this time of need, especially that boys and men who have need of good and wholesome father figures may find them soon. Continue reading
Following tradition, Pope Benedict addressed himself at the beginning of the year to the judges and other canonists of the Roman Rota, the court which deals primarily as the court of appeal for matrimonial nullity cases. This annual allocution is … Continue reading
Ronald J. Rychlak ("Rishlak") has produced another good book in defense of THE TRUTH. You might know him already from his masterly Hitler, the War and the Pope. Now there comes, Righteous Gentiles: How Pius XII And the Catholic Church … Continue reading
You know about the Roman Canon. You know about canons in Rome. Here is an interesting story about the possible burial of Civil War era cannons in a cemetery of Rome, Georgia. It is worth the time to read it.
Rah! Rah! Ski-U-Mah. Rah! Rah! Rah!
March on, March on to Victory.
Loyal Sons of the Varsity.
Fight on, Fight on for Minnesota.
For the glory of the Old Maroon and Gold. Continue reading
Happy New Year 2006!
I had a wonderful experience today. I went with a friend, an ancient Chinese priest, a canon of St. Peter’s Basilica, who has been in Rome for many years, since before the whole sad … Continue reading
O God, who made blessed Thomas
outstanding in zeal for holiness and diligent in application to doctrine,
grant to us, we beg You,
both to fix our eyes by our intellect carefully on the things which he taught,
and also to fulfill by our imitation the things which he accomplished in action. Continue reading
Things are really looking up in Michigan, aren’t they. Think about it. First, they were blessed to receive His Excellency Robert Carlson as Bishop of Saginaw. Bishop Carlson is a real straight shooter and sound fellow all … Continue reading
To my astonishment, in the 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes I could no find a single child… not a single child… who could tell me even the name of ONE of the sacraments, much less what a sacrament is or, imagine, what a sacramental is. So, I spent a little time in each class explaining what a sacrament is. I figured that if the kids were going to HOLY COMMUNION at school Masses, they might as well know that “that piece of bread thing”* was a sacrament. Continue reading