Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: From the article: If there is something during these years that the pope has taught to journalist s – and to anyone who may wish to listen to him – it is that what he says...
- TonyO: Mostly, the Pope is exemplifyi ng the love and mercy of Jesus more than law and judgment–a nd that has been truly a gift for our Church. I feel sad for those who are blind to this. There is...
- Mario Bird: Gumby, you rogue. You always win these contests. For the record, I would like to note that the pic of the moustachio ed, capped, and star-festo oned Saint bears strong resemblanc e to a...
- magister63: Yes, it was beautiful! But Fr. Z, maybe you could launch a campaign to get proper, rubrical altar cloths? That beautiful altar looks like it has a towel draped over it. God bless, and...
- Just Some Guy: What if we all signed up and raided the meeting with traditiona l Catholic Theology 8230;. Unless, by “mee ting” ; it means set people having a one sided conversati on...
- Benedict Joseph: This cat is a prisoner of a bubble of his own design. Give me strength. Over the edge.
- WarriorSpirit: I saw the Archbishop ’s eyes tear up quiet heavily at the end of the Salve Regina. I saw that as I watched the Holy Mass on Saturday also, but this was closer than my TV. I...
- WarriorSpirit: For one who has no means of attending a Tridentine Holy Mass, this Pontifical Mass was music to my soul. It was beautiful, solemn, and holy in my opinion. How I long to attend...
- roma247: The question is, did the Pope and his hagiograph er lift this directly out of Orwell, or did they imagine that they were being completely original? I keep getting images of pigs walking...
- William: In other news, the documents of Vatican II are hailed for their clarity.
- rcg: It is my understand ing that the fear of punishment is called ‘attrition ’ and sufficient but less than contrition which is founded on sorrow for hurting someone we love as much as we should...
- JEF5570: I wish somebody would explain the whole one sacrament, three orders/deg rees to Trent Horn of Catholic Answers. That guy crashed and burned on this issue.
- Semper Gumby: Kerry: Erin go Bragh.
- Semper Gumby: Thanks Fr. Z. Great post and comments. Thanks to FrankWalsh ingham, whose comment produced a link by our genial and mischievou s host to a larger photo of the painting (star on collar...
- Kerry: Semper, thank you for the compliment . I enjoy your points of view. Father Zed, more quizzes like these please, yes.
- maryh: Well, that was too late. His field experience was on the front with Italy, though.
- maryh: Vilmos Apor? Hungarian. Although he is mostly known for his actions in WWII, he was a priest and spent some time on the battlefiel d during WWI.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Chaplain Roncalli.
- hwriggles4: Is it Blessed Wladyslaw Miegon? He would have been 25 in 1917, but I don’ t know his ordination date. The uniform does look World War I, and quite frankly i am a little more...
- Semper Gumby: St. John XXIII served as a chaplain in the Italian Army during WW I. [THE WINNER! Well done. Yes, that is Chaplain Angelo Roncalli, the future John XXIII. In those years, however, he...
- PostCatholic: Francis Gleeson?
- Semper Gumby: A few comments from the Peanut Gallery: “A clean-shav en St. Padre Pio is bi-locatin g.” “A battlefiel d visitation by St. Sebastian or St. Martin of Tours.R 21;...
- robtbrown: Ted says: 15 November 2019 at 11:31 AM But wasn’t the program of the liturgical movement based on the same suppositio n, that the liturgy needed to be changed in order to be able to...
- maryh: The Hail Mary in Aztec is amazing! I had tears in my eyes. You notice the Ave Maria had two loan words from Spanish: Dios and gracia. Since I looked up nahuatl (the Aztec language), and it...
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Z: “Nev er give up, never surrender. ”
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Seminarians are waiting for BIRETTAS! Priests are waiting for SATURNOS!
- Ultra-dissident “Voice of the Faithful” to host an online meeting about deaconettes. Anyone can register!
- For some lighter reading
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO – Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- They pretend it’s about language, but in reality it’s about content.
- MY VIEW FOR AWHILE: DC Mass Edition
- Some reading for the road
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Gaining indulgences and “the Pope’s intentions”. Prayer for the Pope, or for what the Pope designates?
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Card. Kasper
From Ed Pentin at the National Catholic Register about topics raised at the Amazon Synod: According to a Vatican-provided synthesis of interventions, subjects so far discussed have included a reflection on “indigenous rites” of the Sacrifice of the Mass that, it … Continue reading
Card. Kasper, ladies and gentlemen. The Gift that Keeps on Giving. From LifeSite: Cardinal Kasper: Homosexual unions are ‘analogous’ to Christian marriage [Sure! Both of them involve carbon-based life forms!] March 14, 2018 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Cardinal Walter Kasper, whose … Continue reading
This from Jesuit-run Amerika: Cardinal Kasper: Quit throwing around the word ‘heretic’ [Hmmm. I’ll bet he says that!] Think twice before calling someone a “heretic.” That is the seemingly simple advice from Cardinal Walter Kasper, the prominent German theologian whose ideas … Continue reading
As you may know by now, the Catholic Herald is the UK’s best Catholic weekly. This week in the print and online digital edition there is a review of a new book – released in time for this year’s LutherFest! … Continue reading
Be clear before reading: It is not complimentary toward Pope Francis (which might bother some) or toward Card. Kasper (which shouldn’t bother anyone). That aside, the useful piece includes background on the dispute between Card. Ratzinger and Card. Kasper with … Continue reading
In our day we finally gone beyond the decades long, post-Conciliar scandal of priest against priest when it comes to sacramental discipline. We have now reached bishop against bishop and conference against conference. If you are in one diocese or … Continue reading
Over a Rorate there is something so good that it compels me to overcome even their animosity toward me, extend an olive branch again, and direct you there to read patiently and completely. Peter Kwasniewski of Wyoming Catholic College (where … Continue reading
More analysis: “There will be those who will try and contort #AmorisLaetitia into the Kaspser proposal”
The newly released Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Amoris laetitia in English is HERE. From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, some analysis of Amoris laetitia. My emphases and comments. Francis has left Church teaching on Communion for the divorced and remarried … Continue reading
I’ve given a couple talks here in Florida in the last couple days, both during Q&A and after, and also in my email, I’m getting questions about Card. Kasper’s claim, made in a recent speech, that the forthcoming Apostolic Exhortation … Continue reading
Fr. Rutler on Card. Kasper and the Germans: “Modernists are people who do not believe what they believe.”
Run, don’t walk, to Crisis to see Fr. George Rutler’s latest. HERE. The German bishops, theologians and Card. Kasper are front and center. Here are some of my favorite moments… […] The social consequences of German idealism were hymned in … Continue reading
Based on my vacuuming up bits of information via conversations and emails. Today the members of the Synod are going over the draft of the Final Report. God help us all. I am not optimistic, given the breakdown of … Continue reading
Synod Fatigue is sure to be setting in now, if it hasn’t already. Just wait. It’ll get worse. But you must stay focused. Don’t tune out Synod news. “But Father! But Father!”, some will say, “It’s all too much! I … Continue reading