Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Andrew_81 said Did you choose the area to visit Fr Mazzucchelli...
- MrsMacD said Wow. Everybody has an opinion on this. Me too, I...
- Pnkn said Hello Nicolas B. – You might write: adopted...
- Elizabeth D said What a great idea! I approve! I have never been ab...
- Fr. Lovell said Padre, I do hope you stop in Galena. Fr. Mazzucc...
- DonL said “The Sanger quote needs to be verified…...
- Northern Ox said For what it’s worth, I think the vote was 53...
- semperficatholic said Maybe this priest, God bless him, has going on wha...
- Jacob said Happy steeplechasing. I’ve seen the outside...
- Nicolas Bellord said The problem with this conference is that you have...
- CCS said I’m for a 7-10 second elevation, which is lo...
- steve51b31 said Was touring the Vatican at the end of May when Kas...
- gloriainexcelsis said Being a native of Los Angeles, CA, born 1931 on th...
- Scott W. said Longer than perfunctory, shorter than milking it....
- The Masked Chicken said “At about midway through the communion distr...
- Kerry said One wonders if Hilary’s words “At this...
- Allan S. said Perhaps for the priest in the OP, something is hap...
- Imrahil said Dear Pax-tecum, according to my Latin lessons, ...
- David Collins said There is no political solution to a cultural probl...
- Grumpy Beggar said I voted for 7-10 seconds. About a decade ago, I wa...
- jflare said “…the reality is that with Bill Gates...
- JabbaPapa said I do my own Eucharistic Adoration during the conti...
- Bea said I voted 7-10. I figure long enough for adoration a...
- Pax--tecum said For the Roman rite, I would say that the elevation...
- Bea said Beautiful prayer. Thank you, Father. If I can̵...
- Robert of Rome said Thanks for posting this, Father.
- gramma10 said All I can think of is Padre Pio. He took hours to...
- gramma10 said satan is on a rampage. People are ultra deceived a...
- Fr. Gabriel, OP said It all depends on the bells. However, technically...
- Dienekes said Somewhere Josef Mengele is grimacing.
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (43)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12 (23)
- Liberals – unmasked (19)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS (17)
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood (17)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- What I’m dealing with today (11)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Mazzucchelli Edition
- Our Lady of the Clergy
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Author Archives: Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
A priest friend and I are headed to SW Wisconsin to visit churches built by the Dominican missionary Ven Samuel Mazzucchelli. We will aim at Dubuque to see the Cathedral. The founder, Bp Loras was a friend of … Continue reading
Our Lady of the Clergy O Mary, Queen of the Clergy, thou who art the Mother of the Church, the Queen of missions, the fulfillment of all ecclesiastical virtues; deign to sow in the pure hearts of our first communicants … Continue reading
Just a reminder of what you all know. The other day she said that the baby parts videos were disturbing. She now repeats that she supports Planned Parenthood, big business abortion, founded by Margaret Sanger to get rid of undesirable … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: We have a new priest in our parish (not the pastor). He’s done a few Sunday masses so far. He’s got a few quirks, the most noticeable of which are during the consecrations of the bread … Continue reading
Early Monday evening, the U.S. Senate will vote on S. 1881, to prohibit taxpayer funding of big biz abortion Planned Parenthood. From Life News: While most members of the Senate are strongly pro-life and support yanking taxpayer funding from the … Continue reading
I received word of a conference coming up in Rome. The conference is clearly part of an organized effort to influence the proceedings of the upcoming Synod of Bishop on the family… and not in a good way. This … Continue reading
From the Catholic League: Milwaukee Hate Speech Publicly Funded August 3, 2015 Bill Donohue comments on the Milwaukee Art Museum’s anti-Catholic exhibition and its reliance on public funding: Anti-Catholic art is always objectionable, but it is doubly so when it … Continue reading
rom Fox News: Authorities identify suspect wanted in fatal shooting of Memphis police officer during traffic stop A suspect has been identified in the search for a gunman who shot and killed a Memphis police officer during a traffic stop, … Continue reading
Was there a good point in the sermon you heard for your Sunday Mass of obligation? Share it here.
From midnight tonight to midnight 2 August, you can gain the “Portinuncula” Indulgence. Catholic Encyclopedia St. Francis, as you know, repaired three chapels. The third was popularly called the Portiuncula or the Little Portion, dedicated to St. Mary of the … Continue reading