"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- JonPatrick said A little while ago I heard an interview on the rad...
- donadrian said I do consider it a rather vulgar thing to do.
- Clinton R. said Like voiceinthewilderness, I too remember Jimmy Fa...
- Philippa Martyr said A truly Christian person would be warmed at this,...
- Philippa Martyr said Early smirk! Ma gast ees flabbeured.
- CharlesG said Heh. There’s one Hollywood type who didn...
- voiceinthewilderness said Bill Murray and Jimmy Fallon should team up to hel...
- Cradle Catholic said The latest link posted seemed to work. Thanks, Ph...
- SaintJude6 said Marcelus, It is only a bad answer if you choose to...
- Liz said I love your photos and commentary. I’m getti...
- stephen c said Well said, Father Z, in every respect. I continue...
- marcelus said ” What can Francis do to tame some of this o...
- Woody said Thank you for posting the text of the National Vow...
- jhayes said Yesterday one of you readers gave me a good lead o...
- Philippa Martyr said Here’s a link to the “How to Help” link on the Sil...
- frsbr said Years ago, I stayed at the Benedictine guest house...
- Unwilling said I am glad Fox (and you?) removed the “Yes...
- Kathleen10 said All that good stuff got condensed down to one sent...
- Charles E Flynn said The “Here” link to PayPal is not worki...
- majuscule said Here’s a link to the “How to Help̶...
- Rachel K said Have you tried the ice cream from Bertillon on Ile...
- majuscule said I have given in the past and will give again. Wish...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I want to recount a miracle for your Miracle...
- Rachel K said Oranger should say Orangerie
- Rachel K said I was privileged (blessed) to live in. Paris for s...
- The Cobbler said Considering pews are (or so I’ve been told)...
- The Cobbler said “When Henry VIII split with Rome, all kinds...
- AnnTherese said Suburbanbanshee: I’m glad these new prayers...
- DamianF said I”m in need of some clarification: In the e...
- TomG said Patti Day: Neither was I.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
- Courageous Priest ACTION ITEM!
- PARIS – Day 4: Le déjeuner sur le Musée d’Orsay
- Card. Burke – off the leash – in Ireland
- PARIS – Day 3: Winged Edition
- VIDEO: Figuring out this pontificate
- It’s time to build camps! Dangerous illegal immigrants invading!
- 22 Jan 2015 – Washington DC – Pontifical Mass for Nellie Gray, March for Life
- PARIS – Day 1 & 2: at a snail’s pace
- Seal of Confession holds even after penitents die
- JUST TOO COOL: Who knows what happens to your lost stuff!
- A brief glance at articles analyzing the Pope Francis and Card. Burke saga
- My View For Awhile: R&R trip
- WDTPRS – 33rd Ordinary Sunday: thoughts on the “sign of peace”
- Days after 2014 Synod closes, CDF responds to question on absolution for civilly remarried
- How the ‘c’atholic liberal media will smear Bishops who uphold moral teachings
- Card. Sarah: Worst discrimination against poor is not to give them God
- MAGISTER: “words and gestures left purposely vague”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: New Evangelization
For your Brick by Brick file.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Catholic diocese upends custom on homilies
For the better part of 40 years in churches across the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, clergy ceded the floor to laypeople for the delivery of … Continue reading
The Collect for the 16th Ordinary Sunday, not in any pre-Conciliar Missale Romanum, has its antecedent in a 9th century manuscript. Enjoy the fine clausula (rhythmic ending).
We have been cheated of the beauty of our Catholic worship in Latin, which … Continue reading
ORIGINALLY POSTED 15 May 2014
You helped the chaplain and the soldiers in Afghanistan with socks.
Now, help some nuns… the other warriors.
You know them, I’m sure: the Dominican Sisters in Summit, NJ. These are the legendary “soap sisters” of Seignadou Soaps. … Continue reading
With the rapid degradation of morals, the overturning of common sense and natural law, and the dissolution of civil rule of law in these USA we are seeing – and this is not a surprise – a rise of open … Continue reading
Many media outlets (e.g. NYT, NRO, Rod Dreher), are noticing the plight of the people of Holy Innocents Church in midtown Manhattan’s reviving Garment District.
There is now a good article at the National Catholic Register about Holy Innocents, though I … Continue reading
I saw a post at a Lutheran blog calling for - wait for it – more Latin in their liturgy.
As a convert to Holy Mother Church from Lutheranism, I found this pretty interesting. I am aware that there exists a … Continue reading
The Archbishop of Toronto, His Eminence Thomas Card. Collins has said something that I have been hammering at for years. HERE
It is NOT obligatory to receive Communion at Mass.
Also, people who may not receive Communion are STILL OBLIGED to attend … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis said during his last Wednesday audience before the summer break that those who believe that they can have a relationship with Jesus outside the Church are on a harmful and dangerous path.
From AsiaNews, which has more … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois, who is not afraid to use exorcisms, has issued a pastoral letter called Ars celebrandi et adorandi… The art of celebrating and worshiping. He has taken his title, surely, from … Continue reading
In the traditional Roman calendar for the 1962 Missale Romanum Thursday (I am posting late) is Corpus Domini, or Corpus Christi. In the Novus Ordo many people are celebrating Corpus Christi on Sunday (which is really suppose to fall on the … Continue reading