Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- majuscule said Our priest is teaching a group of interested peopl...
- Ed the Roman said WAPO reports that DC has been granted a 90 stay to...
- Bea said One of my sons visiting with us. Unexpected surpri...
- Reconverted Idiot said Imrahil, thanks for that. Von Neumann’s gen...
- JesusFreak84 said His Beatitude Sviatoslav DOES have a background in...
- Sword40 said Going to Fr. Saguto’s, FSSP, last catechetic...
- Samuel J. Howard said I preordered it! [Wait until you read the chapter...
- Reconverted Idiot said msc: I don’t disagree with the direction of...
- Arele said Done. I was actually thinking about this very thin...
- kford said I just completed my last requirement for my doctor...
- David in T.O. said How bad has it become that a book such as this is...
- Dundonianski said My thanks to Deacon Augustine for his apposite exa...
- Moral_Hazard said I’m not a fan of the President, nor did I vo...
- Pat said Padre, any comments on the visit of Pope Francis t...
- benedetta said Be that as it may, I was interested in the part of...
- JesusFreak84 said It sounds like that’s in there, too.
- Moral_Hazard said “[I wonder if these states are permitted or...
- Flash said We’ll see – I am sure that maintaining...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- tcreek said Sorry, wrong thread.
- yatzer said The usually hot, suffocating summer weather has br...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- excalibur said Meanwhile, want to make up to $240.00 per day, or...
- yatzer said OK, so how did he do it? Inquiring minds want to k...
- benedetta said I’m confused. Fr. Z posts a fantastic inter...
- RJHighland said VexillaRegis, I hear you it doen’t make sens...
- jhayes said i hope we can get through this debate without buil...
- msc said Reconverted Idiot: Well, wherever I have lived, th...
- Thomas S said Reports of apparently overwhelming opposition to K...
- Stephen Matthew said I am all in favor of jail breaking the kindle, but...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: don Camillo
Today we welcome St. Augustine of Hippo (+430) who speaks to us from a sermon about St. John the Baptist on his feast day, the Feast of the Nativity of St. John.
Along the way you will hear a couple versions … Continue reading
Today we welcome St. Francis Xavier, SJ (+1552) who speaks to us from a letter he wrote to his superior, friend, mentor and fellow Basque, St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits.
On his feast day, we St. Francis’ feelings … Continue reading
Today we will drill into a hymn sung by Holy Church in the Liturgia horarum for Compline every evening. It is called Te lucis ante terminum.
Since the reforms of the Second Vatican Council, the hymn was rewritten a bit, the … Continue reading
On this Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent, we have a reading from Gaudium et spes, the “Pastoral” Constitution on the Church in the Modern World from the Second Vatican Council.
GS 9-10 is the second reading in the Office … Continue reading
For this Feast of All Saints we tune in to hear what Venerable Bede (+735) has to say. This is an excerpt from today’s Matins in the traditional Breviarium Romanum and is taken from one of Bede’s sermons.
Also, I … Continue reading
Today we are joined by His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Timothy Finigan, of Blackfen, England (fl. 2008). He speak with me in an interview about the recent conference held in Oxford at Merton College for priests wanting to learn about the Extraordinary … Continue reading
Today we are joined by the mighty Doctor of Grace, St. Augustine of Hippo (+430).
He preaches to us from sermo 103 about the tension of the contemplative life and the active life, about being attentive to the needs of … Continue reading
Our guest today is the fictional don Camillo Tarocci, (+ A.D. … ?) parish priest of "The Little World" created by Giovanni Guareschi.
I begin a new project, namely, to read stories from The Little World of Don Camillo. These delightful … Continue reading