"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jaykay said I personally don’t think the original Latin...
- Heather F said APX, Since the new translation came in I’m p...
- HeatherPA said Thank you, Father Z, for this balm.
- donadrian said The new translation is still rather leaden-footed,...
- Grumpy Beggar said Thanks to Charles G for “fries my nose”...
- StJude said Seer sucker is a gateway drug to skinny jeans. Pr...
- Stephen Matthew said Based on a combination of experience, personal pre...
- Joe in Canada said The Orthodox have a concept called phronema, or th...
- Cosmos said Catholicism is starting to get really confusing to...
- William Tighe said “Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: stickin...
- stephen c said For me, the takeaway here was “Ambrosio sai...
- happyCatholic said BobinNYC, May God bless you with abundance of grac...
- RJHighland said King of Charity: We have Cardinal Burke, ArchBish...
- jfk03 said I went over to the Ukranian Greek Catholic Church...
- robtbrown said FrJim4321 says, . . . and I think I’m okay with t...
- KingofCharity said Bishop Chaput is becoming much more vocal. Always...
- St. Epaphras said An outstanding sermon: “On Dogma Free of Cha...
- Suburbanbanshee said The falling stars and falling green figs in Revela...
- KingofCharity said St. Paul rebuked St. Peter for not acting like the...
- KingofCharity said We can’t respond to all of this as if the RC...
- anachy said JohnMa, I didn’t know that the Auxiliary Bis...
- CharlesG said This really fries my nose, to quote the former May...
- KingofCharity said Rob22, Orthodoxy is NOT the answer. Ironically, on...
- Philippa Martyr said “he’s the only — not the only — but one of the few...
- Philippa Martyr said Voris is looking a lot better in that waistcoat th...
- HeatherPA said Sometimes after reading the “catholic”...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said RJHighland has taken the laugh over cry approach i...
- Landless Laborer said How does Our Lady continue to restrain the wrath o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Cincinnati Priest, Is it a question of visibility,...
- RJHighland said I was just thinking if it is ok to divorce and re...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: ad orientem
Several people wrote about this via email and I also saw it posted by the ever-alert folks at Rorate. You will recall the outstanding Bp. Edward Slattery of Tulsa, about whom we have written before. Bp. Slattery stepped in at … Continue reading →
His Excellency Most Rev. Alex Sample of Bishop of Marquette. ‘Nough said.
WDTPRS kudos to Bp. Alex Sample.
This was reported on the site of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet).
Priests to face east at ordinariate Masses
21 October 2011
Masses celebrated by priests in the ordinariate are likely to be ad orientem, according to one of its leaders. While … Continue reading →
Amy Welborn had a very interesting entry at her blog, Charlotte Was Both. She writes about a Mass she attended which wound up with the priest as the focus. Here I jump into the middle of her post with my … Continue reading →
From Fr. Martin Fox of Bonfire of the Vanities:
My Experimental ‘Spirit of Vatican II’ Liturgy
Tonight, I did an experiment with the liturgy, in the (true) spirit of Vatican II.
For the Solemnity of the Assumption, we had the schola present; we … Continue reading →
Over a Southern Orders (you may remember their problem with rats) there is an excerpt from an article by my friend Fr. Uwe Michael Lang, CO, who presently works for the CDW in Rome. Fr. Lang has been contributing good … Continue reading →
From a reader:
We were very recently assigned a new priest, and he has only finished his second week at our church. He wanted to make some changes that would put us more in line with the new liturgical movement.
These changes … Continue reading →
From a priest starting ad orientem worship in his parish. Heavily edited:
… [The dean] supports my decision for ad orientem in the Novus Ordo this weekend. It will be in English. He warned me that the bishop will give me … Continue reading →
For your Brick By Brick file from the Mercury News, with my emphases and comments.
Developer renovates Pittsburg [California] Catholic church
By Rick Radin
PITTSBURG — A 41-year-old Catholic church that was showing its age has a new look thanks to its most … Continue reading →
Over at Vultus Christi Fr. Mark Kirby, OSB, is, with my editing, emphases (mostly) and comments…
Mass Facing the People: The Single Greatest Obstacle to the Reform [That is what the great liturgist Klaus Gamber thought. Turning altars around was … Continue reading →