Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Iacobus M said Given that the the only purpose of the so-called &...
- DavidJ said jfk03, unfortunately it’s not a 100% guarant...
- Fr Martin Fox said While I am praying and hoping something will stop...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Hate to say it, but Satanists know more about the...
- kevinm said I will light a candle at Mass today for all of the...
- LarryW2LJ said jfk03: Common sense! But who uses or has it anymor...
- jfk03 said The simplest measure to prevent desecration of the...
- Priam1184 said Islam is evil YoungLatinMassGuy, chiefly because i...
- Magash said I must point out that the article is not correct i...
- Sonshine135 said I think the issue here is that, like Ferguson, we...
- LarryW2LJ said Agree with drohan – “Well, it’s...
- Magash said Where has anyone ever stated that because some par...
- Mike said Thank you for this. Off to Mass now to pray for th...
- xgenerationcatholic said Was anyone who was around in the pre-1960s or so r...
- incredulous said Fr. Z, how about an Echolink ministry? We could s...
- Dutchman said Wow. A punch to the gut quickly followed by the ba...
- catholictrad said I thought blaspheming the Christian religion and l...
- Salvelinus said Defender of Truth. Democratic political operative...
- VexillaRegis said I believe Mr Foley was in good hands all the time...
- AgricolaDeHammo said I’m going to put on my curmudgeon hat and sa...
- VexillaRegis said Scott W says: I’m not a Latin expert, but would th...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said Praying for his soul. Praying for his family. The...
- JARay said I too will join in praying for James.
- Kate said Thank you for sharing this, Father – it is t...
- jbryant said Bishop Sheen’s “Mary & the Moslems...
- Philippa Martyr said Philippa, did you know the words and music to Amaz...
- Kerry said Neville Chamberlain gets the goat for the “P...
- robtbrown said Bjaneway529 says: Another time, another priest a...
- Volanges said I read the book when my kids had it assigned to th...
- TNCath said As a high school teacher, permit me to play “...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit filed against those attempting Satanic event with consecrated Host
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: ad orientem
This was reported on the site of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet).
Priests to face east at ordinariate Masses
21 October 2011
Masses celebrated by priests in the ordinariate are likely to be ad orientem, according to one of its leaders. While … Continue reading →
Amy Welborn had a very interesting entry at her blog, Charlotte Was Both. She writes about a Mass she attended which wound up with the priest as the focus. Here I jump into the middle of her post with my … Continue reading →
From Fr. Martin Fox of Bonfire of the Vanities:
My Experimental ‘Spirit of Vatican II’ Liturgy
Tonight, I did an experiment with the liturgy, in the (true) spirit of Vatican II.
For the Solemnity of the Assumption, we had the schola present; we … Continue reading →
Over a Southern Orders (you may remember their problem with rats) there is an excerpt from an article by my friend Fr. Uwe Michael Lang, CO, who presently works for the CDW in Rome. Fr. Lang has been contributing good … Continue reading →
From a reader:
We were very recently assigned a new priest, and he has only finished his second week at our church. He wanted to make some changes that would put us more in line with the new liturgical movement.
These changes … Continue reading →
From a priest starting ad orientem worship in his parish. Heavily edited:
… [The dean] supports my decision for ad orientem in the Novus Ordo this weekend. It will be in English. He warned me that the bishop will give me … Continue reading →
For your Brick By Brick file from the Mercury News, with my emphases and comments.
Developer renovates Pittsburg [California] Catholic church
By Rick Radin
PITTSBURG — A 41-year-old Catholic church that was showing its age has a new look thanks to its most … Continue reading →
Over at Vultus Christi Fr. Mark Kirby, OSB, is, with my editing, emphases (mostly) and comments…
Mass Facing the People: The Single Greatest Obstacle to the Reform [That is what the great liturgist Klaus Gamber thought. Turning altars around was … Continue reading →
Yesterday the Holy Father celebrated Holy Mass for the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord in the Sistine Chapel.
Not a peep from the usual corners about ad orientem worship.
It’s a given.
Therefore,…. it is time for the next step, your … Continue reading →
This is from Vultus Christi, the blog of Fr. Mark Daniel Kirby is Prior of the Diocesan Benedictine Monastery of Our Lady of the Cenacle in Tulsa, Oklahoma established by H.E. Most Rev. Edward Slattery.
Fr. Kirby speaks about his … Continue reading →