Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- HvonBlumenthal: The suppressio n of an order doesn’t mean that good priests are tossed out with the bathwater, merely that they would be welcomed in a healthier order; I find Anneliese’ s remark...
- dmflinn: May the Lord welcome him into eternal rest.
- APX: Has Cardinal Burke said anything on the matter? He used to have a very close associatio n with the USACV when he was still an archbishop .
- JesusFreak84: I saw someone comment on Twitter that there should be “Jes uits of the Strict Observance .” As long as strict means strict, I say go for it and suppress the rest. I do...
- Sconnius: Gandalf the Grey: [reading] The year 3434 of the Second Age. Here follows the account of Issac, the High Vicar of Black Duck, at the finding of the Brew of Power. “It has come to...
- stephen c: I will certainly say a prayer for him. And for Cardinal Mayer, another good priest who probably does not need my prayers. I have had the good fortune to know several good and holy...
- Anneliese: Dave Meconi, Chris Collins, and Mitch Pacwa deserve a little more respect. To equate them to James Martin is insulting.
- Nan: We did that Thursday in MN.
- Arthur McGowan: Better to call attention to such feasts about a month ahead of time. In fact, “Nex t Month̵ 7;s FeastsR 21; should be a regular feature.
- James in Perth: I truly appreciate the courage of the young Fr. Pagliarini to speak up to those priests who were joking about transubsta ntiation. A friend of my own pastor enjoyed saying scandal...
- James in Perth: Eastern Catholics will have their vehicles and other chariots blessed this Sunday in remembranc e of the Holy and Great Prophet Elijah whose simple feast was celebrated yesterd...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: ex seaxe says: did you cast your expert eye over the translatio n Since you seem to want to pick at something, as is apparent from the LINK I included, that is not my transla...
- ex seaxe: I think I would be inclined to ask for the blessing for a vehicle, rather than one which speaks specially of healing. I don’ t quite need a wheelchair yet, but am considerin g...
- Mike: In a restored Church it will be a Greater Double with a vigil and an octave.
- Kathleen10: Amen, may God rest his soul.
- HvonBlumenthal: Time to repeat the exercise 8230;..
- Semper Gumby: Great comments in red here Fr. Z. *chuckle* jaykay: “Wit h xir knitting.& #8221; Good one. Apparently one can wrangle a desk, computer, and paycheck over at the Fishwrap without...
- Eric: Wow. I read that statement, then went back and read it again. That is what I call a charter for the future, not just for the Society, but for the whole Church. It truly moved me. The English...
- ex seaxe: Show favour to your servants, O Lord, and shower upon us the gifts of your grace, that, eager in faith, in hope, and in love, we may always be watchful in keeping your commandmen ts. That...
- fmsb78: @ HvonBlumen thal “Thi s is not true of Bp Fellay and his supporters who are deeply demoralize d by the election.& #8221; I am sorry but this statement is not right at all. Monsig...
- Imrahil: As a matter of fact, this looks like “mer e” calling-a- spade-a-sp ade, “off icializing ”, as it were, the position of Ex-Superio r-General, which, in a sense,...
- Ages: Monty Python was supposed to be comedy, not prophecy.
- Fr. Reader: This obsolete icel is incredible .
- HvonBlumenthal: It is said that Bp Fellay would have signed the last deal which the Vatican offered, but Bp Gallareta opposed and Bp Fellay wanted unanimity between the SSPX bishops. The recent...
- iamlucky13: “I am reminded of Monty Python’s Holy Grail.R 21; Actually, I believe the article was actually based on a deleted scene from Monty PythonR 17;s The Life of Brian, origina...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Blessing for a Wheelchair, Stretcher, or Ambulance
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- R.I.P. Msgr. Camille Perl, once Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”
- And now for your Friday SSPX news!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is hunting YOU
- For your consideration…
- The hurly burly of Medieval Studies!
- FLYING ELECTRIC SPACE SPIDERS!
- ASK FATHER: Mass texts for St. Elijah, Old Testament Prophet
- What could possibly go wrong? – UPDATED
- YOUR GOOD NEWS… and Washington DC’s new Auxiliary Bishop and key priest at Detroit’s major seminary
- Budding young feminist archeologists
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Bp. Morlino
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese.
Here are a few photos to … Continue reading
A sample of the music. We had a great choir from Eau Claire.
A few snaps from beautiful Candlemas 2018.
At the National Catholic Register there is a good article about several US bishops who have been persecuted by the catholic Left.
Little-Known Facts About 7 North American Bishops
Facts about Bishop James Conley, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop Michael Miller, Bishop Robert Morlino, Bishop … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area.
We started with a Solemn … Continue reading
I’ve been watching tweets against Bp. Morlino as part of the ongoing jihad against him here in Madison.
These poor people.
Ultra-liberal Madison, by the way, was once described by a former governor of Wisconsin as “30 square miles surrounded by reality”, … Continue reading
On 2 November, All Soul’s Day Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison will celebrate a special Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form).
This annual Requiem Mass is celebrated for the deceased clergy of the diocese.
The Requiem Mass … Continue reading
His Excellency, Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison and the Extraordinary Ordinary, recently consecrated the diocese entrusted to his charge to Our Lady of Fatima.
“Jesus, we now want to imitate you and entrust ourselves to your mother. … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Murray was on EWTN the other day along with Prof. Robert Royal.
They react to Card. Sarah, Bp. Morlino, Thomas Reese, SJ, James Martin, SJ, Card. Schoenborn, etc.
Speaking of JESUITS… HERE
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for the glorious Feast of St. Joseph, this year transferred because of the Sunday of Lent.
The Mass was sponsored … Continue reading
Last night we had a beautiful Candlemas with the blessing of candles, a procession and Pontifical Mass at the Throne. Many heartfelt thanks and kudos to the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, for … Continue reading
The other days His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison held one of his regular, usually monthly, “staff catechesis” meetings. He is also generous in forthrightly answering questions about the topic he chooses to … Continue reading
Something a little unusual. In the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) has given permission to use, for the Novus Ordo, one of the “Masses for Various Needs and Occasions” on Sunday … Continue reading
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, sang a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne as a “Month’s Mind” for Msgr. Delbert Schmelzer, a beloved priest of the diocese.
Here are some images. As … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverent Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary, regularly celebrates Holy Mass also in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
The next Solemn Pontifical Mass – a Requiem – will be offered by Bishop Morlino on … Continue reading
On 1 July, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, by the grace of God and the Apostolic See Bishop of Madison (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary), sang a Pontifical Mass at the Throne in the Roman Rite’s traditional form.
Holy Mass was … Continue reading