Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: LORD have mercy! I got to the 3:10 mark and could not finish. Why not use the real ASL for Lord have Mercy, Christ have Mercy? As a person who have some reaction to gluten....
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: Since everyone sins, I am surprised that public pence is not done more often. Especially when the sin is public. In fact even Vigano. If you knew and said nothing you are...
- Liz: We pray for Archbishop Vigano in our daily prayers, often by name (along with Cardinals Sarah, Burke, Pell, and Brandmuell er). I think of him and pray for him frequently at adoration and/li...
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: There were no profanitie s in the bulletin. None of those yiddish words are considered that. Children hear and say those words. Basically, it was saying stop feeling sorry...
- majuscule: Sawyer— It looked like a gym because it is s a gym! The bulletin mentions “ gym” Masses as well as Mass in the church. I am not sure why this is. Also, check out the contributi ons for...
- jaykay: Michael: yes, I have on one of those. I can thoroughly recommend them – they are very strong and hard-weari ng. I’ve had mine for about 5 years now and while I don’ t wear...
- Dismas: Space Corps notes: The ISS orbits the Earth every 90 minutes, thus making 16 revolution s per day. As there is no plausible reference time, so the ISS follows the UTC (think GMT) time.
- MrsMacD: Matthew 18:11-13 Douay-Rhei ms 1899 American Edition (DRA) 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 What think you? If a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them...
- JuliB: The bulletin is a mixed bag. Perhaps priests should not try to be comedians! At least they do ‘Fee d My Starving Children 8217;.
- Komo: Funny, no mention of times available for confession . Oh, that’ ;s right – it’s an outdated sacrament.
- dbf223: “No faithful priest deserves this parish. 221; I concur. There are probably a whole host of other issues the bishop would have to sort through to even begin to address this situa...
- Diana: There are some beautiful scapulars on Etsy, too. I bought some here: https://ww w.etsy.com /shop/InGo ldofOphir? ref=l2-sho pheader-na me
- Massachusetts Catholic: If the archdioces e in St Paul and Minneapoli s has only one parish like this, consider yourself blessed. There are about five parishes like this in the archdioces e of...
- Geoffrey: Thank you for this timely post! My Brown Scapular gave ‘way a few months ago, and I have been at pains finding something similar. It was a somewhat “hea vy” scapul...
- LarryW2LJ: Why have a child baptized if you KNOW your lifestyle is in direct conflict with the Catholic faith and you know you have no intentions of bringing up said child in adherence with that...
- Sawyer: Not that it matters for the main topic, but the “chu rch” setup with the screens looks temporary, like it’s in a gymnasium or a hall. Is the church building being renova...
- Henry Edwards: ” Suppress the place and sow the ground with salt?̶ 1; Why not, PrayTell? Seriously, what good reason might a responsibl e bishop have, for allowing a place like this to...
- hwriggles4: If religious education volunteers and paid staffers are required to attend, they would probably fall asleep during several sessions. If this were me, I would read Daniel Mattson...
- Cafea Fruor: @Amy – Yes, this is so true, and the consequenc es of not having a mother around run deep. My own mother was effectivel y out of my childhood from the time I was about 7 or 8...
- Gab: This infection needs to be stopped before it spreads to other parishes. Although I don’ t know if it’s even possible to stop the spread in these times. Sounds like the church and...
- Amy McSween: Where is the Cross? Where is our Lord?
- Suburbanbanshee: I think Liguori says that travelers are exempted from a lot of fasting regs. Obviously this was partly about moving the body strenuousl y, and partly about uncertaint ies in...
- Hidden One: The pastorR 17;s second six year term expires in July.
- Arcgap: The Bishop should follow the example of Jesus ins such a situation John 2:15
- teomatteo: Child abuse. Pure and Simple. (not the baptism of course).
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
- BOOK RECEIVED
- ASK FATHER: “I’m seriously considering adopting some form of sedevacantism”
- ASK FATHER: Advice about homeschooling and High School
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Bp. Morlino
The late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, enjoyed Christmas. On Christmas Eve he had priest friends come for supper before his vigil Mass. That’s where, surely, we would be as I type this. Alas. … Continue reading
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others. The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese. Here are a few photos … Continue reading
A sample of the music. We had a great choir from Eau Claire. A few snaps from beautiful Candlemas 2018.
At the National Catholic Register there is a good article about several US bishops who have been persecuted by the catholic Left. Little-Known Facts About 7 North American Bishops Facts about Bishop James Conley, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop Michael Miller, Bishop Robert … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area. We started with a … Continue reading
I’ve been watching tweets against Bp. Morlino as part of the ongoing jihad against him here in Madison. These poor people. Ultra-liberal Madison, by the way, was once described by a former governor of Wisconsin as “30 square miles surrounded … Continue reading
On 2 November, All Soul’s Day Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison will celebrate a special Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form). This annual Requiem Mass is celebrated for the deceased clergy of the diocese. The … Continue reading
His Excellency, Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison and the Extraordinary Ordinary, recently consecrated the diocese entrusted to his charge to Our Lady of Fatima. He said: “Jesus, we now want to imitate you and entrust ourselves to … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Murray was on EWTN the other day along with Prof. Robert Royal. Outstanding. They react to Card. Sarah, Bp. Morlino, Thomas Reese, SJ, James Martin, SJ, Card. Schoenborn, etc. Oh boy! Speaking of JESUITS… HERE
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for the glorious Feast of St. Joseph, this year transferred because of the Sunday of Lent. The Mass was … Continue reading
Last night we had a beautiful Candlemas with the blessing of candles, a procession and Pontifical Mass at the Throne. Many heartfelt thanks and kudos to the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, for … Continue reading
The other days His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison held one of his regular, usually monthly, “staff catechesis” meetings. He is also generous in forthrightly answering questions about the topic he chooses to … Continue reading
Something a little unusual. In the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) has given permission to use, for the Novus Ordo, one of the “Masses for Various Needs and Occasions” on Sunday … Continue reading
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, sang a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne as a “Month’s Mind” for Msgr. Delbert Schmelzer, a beloved priest of the diocese. Here are some images. … Continue reading