- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Nightcrawler said We got a new priest today. He reminded us that we...
- jameeka said It seems to me, it is wartime.
- zag4christ said Today at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, the...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Well, in today’s homily, Father managed to c...
- PhilipNeri said We are a nation in rebellion against God. Time to...
- Lucas said Love Ingress. My twins only sleep in the car so wh...
- djc said @The Masked Chicken, Don’t be afraid-have fa...
- Kathleen10 said Hell has apparently frozen over. Our visiting dea...
- Elizabeth R said Father started by reading Archbishop Kurtz’s...
- Skeinster said As a follow-up to last week’s sermon on beco...
- Br. Augustine of Nubia said A great Sermon from a visiting Salesian Missionary...
- Weetabix said Re: scanning with the Baofeng. In the .csv file g...
- Charivari Rob said Excellent job from Father today. He spoke of a rec...
- benedetta said Even with various secular belief systems and vario...
- benedetta said Well, I guess for some of us there’s always...
- Vincent said OF: a similar sermon to those already mentioned ab...
- Warren said “Priests can be prone to acting like enterta...
- Sliwka said Father used St Paul’s thorn as an example of...
- Terentia said The priest spoke about Jesus being rejected by the...
- Emilio III said It was a NO Mass, so for Sunday of the 14th week o...
- Elizabeth D said The Cathedral Rector started off about how the 4th...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Deacon summarized his homily by saying...
- oldconvert said Another cracking homily [“cracking”is...
- The Masked Chicken said “Another is being familiar with the thought...
- djc said The Deacon summarized his homily by saying to reme...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Bryan Boyle, Thanks! The Chicken P.S. Where...
- PA mom said Having also heard a “be a prophetic people...
- maryh said Father said that all the faithful are called to be...
- Kris said Yes. I started playing a long time ago. Most play...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Give me a couple days… just finished with a...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Bp. Morlino
Yesterday His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary of Madison, was on with a popular radio show host, Vicki McKenna – who really ought to have a national show! – to talk about Laudato si’.
Also, since Rush’s critical remarks about … Continue reading
I just watched the video stream of The Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, offering the opening prayer of the Wisconsin Senate on a day when the Senate voted to ban abortion after 20 weeks.
The prayer had … Continue reading
On the evening of Thursday 4 June, the Feast of Corpus Christi, the Tridentine Mass Society of Madison (latinmassmadison.org) sponsored a Pontifical Mass at the Throne, in the Roman Rite’s Extraordinary Form (the way we prayed before and during the … Continue reading
This is a great story on the vocations situation in the Diocese of Madison, where the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino is the diocesan bishop.
There is a strong connection between the bishop and number of vocations. … Continue reading
Today, Wednesday 25 March at 7 pm, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, will celebrate a Pontifical Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form) at Chapel of the Bishop O’Conner Center (MAP) for the Feast of the Annunciation.
All … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters of the National Schismatic Reporter brought a smile to my face today!
Winters is primarily reacting to Ross Douthat’s recent piece HERE. Douthat commented in his piece on those who are more traditional and how they see Pope Francis.
However, Winters … Continue reading
I updated this with Part 2 from the WSJ, below. Read about a seminarian who will say the TLM.
To make a donation to the Diocese of Madison and to earmark it for seminarians, click HERE.
Once you click the “one time” … Continue reading
A few days ago, The Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, was on with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN.
Bp. Morlino spoke about what Pope Francis is up to, what is going on in the divorced … Continue reading
I have written before on the topic of the use of the Roman collar by permanent deacons. HERE
I saw that the weekly newspaper of the Diocese of Madison (where I usually am when not on the road) has a piece … Continue reading
On Monday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison.
Despite the horrid weather, and despite the Packers playing Atlanta on … Continue reading