Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- LarryW2LJ: Holy Fishwrap!
- hwriggles4: I did see EWTN Nightly News last night. Three observatio ns: 1. Cardinal DiNardo seemed that he wanted to proceed with the planned agenda (same with several others – one bishop...
- WmHesch: The real goal of this talk of “approved websites” is SEO/ link building. It will NOT function as an imprimatur . For example, let’s say a story breaks that’s covered by everyone (e.g....
- hwriggles4: Honestly, I think my Protestant brothers and sisters would find this symbol to be ludicrous.
- Dismas: @chantgirl : I should mention that the advice that I was given was only summated here. Fr. knew that I already know enough to guide my family, and so further delving into the gross deprav...
- FrAnt: I’ll remember this list the next time the Catholic Communicat ions Collection comes around. Trusted Sources of Catholic News as Approved by Fr. Anthony I Fr. Z: wdtprs.com /blog Church...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The Anti-Index !
- Lurker 59: Does the Magisteriu m have the right and responsibi lity to delineate what is and what is not sound authentic Catholic teaching in published materials? Yes. However, this is to be done...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Of course this isn’ t the Catholic church of old Vatican II destroyed it
- jhayes: It doesn̵ 7;t appear that Canon Law was violated. Canon 1184 §2 says:̶ 1; If any doubt occurs, the local ordinary is to be consulted, and his judgment must be followed 8221;...
- roma247: Ah yes, but the most worrisome thing about being included on that “Ind ex of Forbidden Websites 8221; is that it is too great an honor. One risks taking pride in being the object...
- SemperServusDei: I’m waiting now for the Vatican to produce an official “Index of Forbidden Websites”.
- APX: The only one that raises my concern is the red heifer. They need to rebuild the temple before they sacrifice the red heifer, right? That should buy us some time.
- chantgirl: Dismas- I think that many priests are giving advice like that. I understand that they want to limit spiritual casualties in our dangerous era, but at the same time, I can’ t help...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: “Hoo per was no romantic. He had not as a child ridden with RupertR 17;s horse or sat among the camp fires at Xanthus-si de; at the age when my eyes were dry to...
- Johann: “We are not baptized into the hierarchy; do not receive the Cardinals sacramenta lly; will not spend an eternity in the beatific vision of the pope. … Christ is the point. I, myself,...
- LarryW2LJ: If I may add something, before I forget. It has been said many times that God always has some good come out of a bad situation. As a result of the happenings that have been occurring, I...
- LarryW2LJ: Thanks for the pep talk, Father. A great coach always recognizes when the team gets discourage d and does his best to motivate them. You’ re a great coach!
- Amerikaner: Since the French bishops were allowed to create abuse policies recently, I am beginning to think this is about something else entirely. And that thing is ViganoR 17;s claim that Pope...
- Bellarmino Vianney: Great response, Fr. Z. The questioner seems to be seriously misled as to what the Roman Catholic Church actually is. The questioner appears to have the Protestant mental...
- Sonshine135: Why not just do the entire Sunday Service in pill form ;) I better stop. Some German Cardinals might be reading this and think it is a splendid idea.
- Suburbanbanshee: Um, guys… ; “Blo od moons̶ 1; are as regular an occurrence as the sun rising, albeit on a longer timescale. If it starts happening off schedule, then I might worry...
- Dismas: @Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Similar situation here, though much earlier in the progressio n. While I cannot judge hearts, I can perceive the fruits of others enough to protect my family....
- rcg: This era strengthen s my Faith because we have been praying for a cleansing and here it is. Humans like the big clash of shields and mighty comeuppanc e. But we are seeing a selective judgem...
- semperficatholic: Blessed Anne Catherine gave a warning. Boy, was she dead on the mark! The Prophecies of Blessed Ann Catherine Emmerich: We Were Warned https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=lKv8V...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
- JUST TOO COOL! Move to rename Hubble’s Law… for a priest
- Contrasts of projected visions of the Church
- VIDEO: A reaction to a first Traditional Latin Mass
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Bp. Morlino
Many bishops in these USA and in Canada are making statements in wake of L’Affaire McCarrick and the PA Grand Jury Report. Some are better than others.
The Bishop of Madison, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) has … Continue reading
PHOTOS @MadisonDiocese – Corpus Christi Mass with Procession – Traditional Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Yesterday evening, real Corpus Christi, we had a Pontifical Mass at the Throne with a Eucharistic Procession at St. Norbert’s in Roxbury, WI, a beautiful little church in a deeply German area of the diocese.
Here are a few photos to … Continue reading
A sample of the music. We had a great choir from Eau Claire.
A few snaps from beautiful Candlemas 2018.
At the National Catholic Register there is a good article about several US bishops who have been persecuted by the catholic Left.
Little-Known Facts About 7 North American Bishops
Facts about Bishop James Conley, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archbishop Michael Miller, Bishop Robert Morlino, Bishop … Continue reading
On Tuesday 28 November in Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary confirmed using the traditional Roman Rite. There were quite a few confirmands. We had people from Kansas, Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina along with folks from area.
We started with a Solemn … Continue reading
I’ve been watching tweets against Bp. Morlino as part of the ongoing jihad against him here in Madison.
These poor people.
Ultra-liberal Madison, by the way, was once described by a former governor of Wisconsin as “30 square miles surrounded by reality”, … Continue reading
On 2 November, All Soul’s Day Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison will celebrate a special Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form).
This annual Requiem Mass is celebrated for the deceased clergy of the diocese.
The Requiem Mass … Continue reading
His Excellency, Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison and the Extraordinary Ordinary, recently consecrated the diocese entrusted to his charge to Our Lady of Fatima.
“Jesus, we now want to imitate you and entrust ourselves to your mother. … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Murray was on EWTN the other day along with Prof. Robert Royal.
They react to Card. Sarah, Bp. Morlino, Thomas Reese, SJ, James Martin, SJ, Card. Schoenborn, etc.
Speaking of JESUITS… HERE
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for the glorious Feast of St. Joseph, this year transferred because of the Sunday of Lent.
The Mass was sponsored … Continue reading
Last night we had a beautiful Candlemas with the blessing of candles, a procession and Pontifical Mass at the Throne. Many heartfelt thanks and kudos to the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, for … Continue reading
The other days His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison held one of his regular, usually monthly, “staff catechesis” meetings. He is also generous in forthrightly answering questions about the topic he chooses to … Continue reading
Something a little unusual. In the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino (aka The Extraordinary Ordinary) has given permission to use, for the Novus Ordo, one of the “Masses for Various Needs and Occasions” on Sunday … Continue reading
Last night the Extraordinary Ordinary, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, sang a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne as a “Month’s Mind” for Msgr. Delbert Schmelzer, a beloved priest of the diocese.
Here are some images. As … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverent Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary, regularly celebrates Holy Mass also in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.
The next Solemn Pontifical Mass – a Requiem – will be offered by Bishop Morlino on … Continue reading