- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Nan said Oh, and Father? You could always work on your Roma...
- anna 6 said And have you noticed that it isn’t even R...
- Hans said The mute button is proof that God loves us and wan...
- Suburbanbanshee said There are quite a few other references to derramad...
- Nan said I don’t own a tv and rarely stream anything...
- Suburbanbanshee said The official English translation says, “for...
- StJude said The K-Mart gif one.. seriously.. ugh.. awful. I ba...
- Suburbanbanshee said 75 — “…. because Jesus wants to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sarochka, Looking (as a convienent starting point)...
- mburduck said I should have stated “unless he repents,R...
- Poustinik1 said yum. Okay if you are in a hurry here is a never f...
- mburduck said Hmmm, hmmm! Save a bowl for me, Father. I’ll...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I am reminded of Avvakum Petrovitch (1620-82) who...
- frjim4321 said The only one I am really annoyed with is “Jo...
- Mr. Green said BLB quotes: “You can’t have that many as the...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this! I was just thinking it has bee...
- Mr. Green said Fr. Z: could it be argued that Benedict XVI made a...
- Alaina said My mother taught me how to make lentils in the Ita...
- pannw said Oh the pajamagram…ugh…I haven’t...
- TradRN said Inspired by all here… Before our little fami...
- jfk03 said Minus the olive oil, this is a very good fasting r...
- BLB Oregon said It is easier to list the ones I like– T-Mobi...
- wmeyer said We dropped cable nearly two years ago. We see no c...
- Elizabeth D said I don’t have a TV. At my job I am required t...
- Andrew Saucci said First, for what it’s worth, “say the b...
- abasham said Lentil soup is one of my absolute favorites! I hav...
- Legisperitus said Suddenly I feel very privileged to have no earthly...
- Bryan D. Boyle said BBC American and their almost non-stop insipid San...
- gracie said I never heard of Stuffies until the other day when...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’ve been making a lot of soup in my crockpo...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”
I am scratching my head this morning.
Pope Francis has moved the former Secretary of the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“, who was eventually consecrated bishop and became the Papal Almoner, back to the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei“… as Secretary… again.
From the … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate picked up something from Riposte Catholique (in French). Apparently, the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” sent a letter to the General House of the SSPX in Menzingen, Switzerland. The letter is signed by the PCED’s Vice-President Archbishop Augustine DiNoia, OP.
A … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate, who are often on top of this sort of thing, reveal a letter sent by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” to a questioner. The letter is unsigned, though it has the stamp of the Commission.
Here, as … Continue reading
The Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” takes this occasion to announce that, in its most recent official communication (6 September 2012), the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X has indicated that additional time for reflection and study is needed on … Continue reading
I am on the road, and it is hard for me to work with this, but here is a first go at something which I think is pretty important.
The following article copy-pasted from the PDF of the 8/23/2012 edition of … Continue reading
I had read this on La Stampa, the Italian daily, through the scribal services of the intrepid Andrea Tornielli. However, knowing that it was on La Stampa, I figured it would also be on Rorate. I was not wrong.
You might … Continue reading
In data 17 aprile 2012 è pervenuto, come richiesto nell’incontro del 16 marzo 2012, svoltosi presso la sede della Congregazione per la Dottrina della Fede, il testo della risposta di S.E. Mons. Bernard Fellay, Superiore Generale della Fraternità Sacerdotale … Continue reading
Msgr. Guido Pozzo
Secretary of the
Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”
Palazzo del Sant’Uffizio
00120 Vatican City
Reverend and Dear Monsignor,
The Instruction Universae Ecclesiae states in par. 8 that “the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum constitutes an important expression of the Magisterium of the Roman Pontiff and … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT we listen to the Instruction issued by the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei” on the implementation of Summorum Pontificum of Benedict XVI.
At the beginning I have an introduction to give us some context. I read in Latin only … Continue reading
Today the Instruction Universae Ecclesiae (UE) has been released. I reformatted the documents I received and make them available in English HERE, or Latin HERE.
Here are some rapid points to help you read the document on your own. The document … Continue reading