Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- frjim4321: It was a fervorino on the upcoming communal celebratio ns of the Anointing of the Sick and Sacrament of Penance. As related to restoratio n of convenenta l relations with God, others,...
- Mike: Raymond ArroyoR 17;s faithful service to the Truth and to the Great Commission clearly raises hackles in high places. Papal insider Fr. Antonio Spadaro of “2+2 =5” renown has...
- AA Cunningham: Many contempora ry members of the Society of Jesus are doing yeomanR 17;s work in dispelling the age old myth that all Jesuits are intellectu als.
- RAve: My parish includes plenty of 2nd Amendment supporters and participan ts. This weekend our parish father-son club (Fraternus – an alternativ e to Scouting) spent a weekend doing Apples...
- MacCheese: I applaud Father Longenecke r for this. There is now a very clear break from tradition that’s easy to grasp, even for a simple soul such as myself. Father very often plays the victim and...
- JonPatrick: The 3 temptation s of Jesus correspond to 3 sins of the Israelites on their Exodus from Egypt to the promised land. They did not trust God that he would provide their daily bread; they...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Heavenly.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Most salutary.
- pac76: If you imagine a scenario where the communists appointing bishops becomes problemati c, it seems like it would be difficult to undo a situation where a dictatoria l communist governm...
- zag4christ: Our parochial vicar, Fr. Kyle Ratuiste, called us to focus on faith, prayer and conversion . He juxtaposed his homily as to the evil exhibited at the school shooting in Florida. At the...
- MaryM096: Thank you for this much needed posting, Father Z. It’s something all of us need to be reminded of.
- Charles E Flynn: Bruno Lanteri
- Rob83: The occasion of the third temptation of Jesus led to a not so subtle dig aimed at a certain Jesuit priest who has often been mentioned here, as well as unnamed German and Austrian bishops...
- LeeGilbert: The sermon last evening at 5:30 was so good that I went to 7:00 Mass this morning to take notes. Fr. Dillard indicated that he was basing his homily on a book on Lent by Bishop Morne...
- Semper Gumby: Well this was quite a spectacle, I’m glad I made popcorn. One Mad Mom steps into the Squared Circle with BuzzFeed and pile-drive s them into oblivion. My guess is that One Mad...
- Josephus Corvus: Never having been to a Pontifical Requiem and looking at the photos on a small screen, I have a dumb question. In the first picture of the Kyrie, are the priests sitting on the...
- mikeinmo: Father spoke about the need for repentance for all of us, including himself. We all need to cast aside those things that separate us from God in any way. We had some traditiona l additi...
- Prayerful: A young priest in Our Lady of the Rosary chapel, Cork, preached on the reality of the devil, that not been able to see him makes him no less real. And at times, as when Satan scorc...
- Michael Haz: Today̵ 7;s sermon was delivered by Bishop Athanasuis Schneider, who celebrated a beautiful and moving Pontifical High Mass at our Oratory. Bishop Schneider reminded us of the need...
- David: I spent the evening recently with three young priest friends, all of them graduates of elite secular colleges before entering the seminary, and all having studied in Rome at some point, one...
- Adaquano: Our pastor reflected on how we should focus on our Baptismal promises during Lent, in particular we should be convicted in admitting that we fail to live according to our Baptis...
- Josephus Corvus: “Let us pray the Our Father that we are not led into temptation as Jesus was.” ; Father wasn’ ;t referring to anything other than the today̵ 7;s gospel reading...
- Mike: Our Lenten practice should be to seek liberation from the need to be in control and instead to accept the sufficienc y of God’ s grace.
- Stat crux dum volvitur orbis: I grew up in a communist country. And I see how Vatican rapprochem ent with communist regime resonates within the society 30 years later . Non-Cathol ics: “...
- Semper Gumby: Viva Cristo Rey! Great Wilderness Altar, relic, and movie. If I recall, some priests took up arms, and the Feminine (not feminist) Brigades performed critical tasks of smuggl...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- Ash Wednesday, Fasting, Abstaining, and You – with notes on alligator, endothermic moonfish, and muskrat
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
- Excellent Letter for Lent from Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly – Fr. Z rants, gives 3 points of advice about sin.
- ASK FATHER: Why can lay people read at Mass?
- ASK FATHER: When should babies be baptized?
- OLYMPICS 2018 12 Feb: CURLING!
- BOOKS RECEIVED: @DouthatNYT on state the Church under Francis (terrific) – John Rist in Reading Augustine series (a scream)
- Benedict XVI’s resignation 5 years on. Your thoughts.
- Carmelite Nuns seeking Priest Chaplain
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: wymyn
“We are excited to have found a video of the momentous event which we share with you for those moments when you are in need of a little feminist pick me up!”
More from the promoters of Women’s Ordination, wasting some … Continue reading
From a reader…
While discussing the ecclesial status of someone baptized by an SSPX priest (is the newly baptized person Catholic?), I had a troubling thought: what about someone who is baptized by a Catholic woman who has pretended to be ordained as a … Continue reading
When anti-Catholic atrocities take place, Catholic bishops should act.
I read in the Kansas City Star (a McClatchy paper), that some “Lutherans” are going to host a sacrilegious, fake catholic “ordination” of a woman by the usual wymyn suspects. HERE It is … Continue reading
Someone sent me this for an anti-birthday gift. I think he was trying to shorten my life. He failed, however. I believe laughter is supposed to lengthen life.
You simply have to grit your teeth and get into the part where … Continue reading
Yesterday I posted an ACTION ITEM! for your kind attention, a poll on a Michigan media site (please go an vote!) about an upcoming fauxdination of a woman that was to take place at a Congregration Church. You could tell … Continue reading
There is another silly wymyn thing taking place in Kalamazoo -zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo! HERE
The local bishop, Most Rev. Paul Bradley, wrote clearly to the diocese as to the consequences of participating in a simulation of a woman’s ordination. His full statement HERE.
The … Continue reading
Cincinnati: Wymyn stage a fake ordination at Episcopalian church. Reminder of we should do about it.
Some wymyn played priest the other day in Cincinnati. My friend Fr. Martin Fox, a real priest in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, is all over this.
What I found curious about this is that the news report at WCPO TV said … Continue reading
Here is some cheery news. It is cheery in that the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith is doing its job diligently and that justice has been done and that the Faith has been defended. It is sad news, … Continue reading
“The culture war is real….”
A tip of the biretta to my friend Fr. Finigan.
I was moved by this video of young men protecting the Cathedral of San Juan in Argentina. Pro-abortionists provoke them with various insults and physical assaults, including … Continue reading
There was another fake women’s ordination the other day. Elizabeth Scalia has excellent comments.
Context: A granny from Long Island went through a fake ordination. She babbled to someone in the the press, who lapped it up with gusto.
This is amazing … Continue reading
I detect in myself a touch of schadenfreude as I read of this new at the site of the Fishwrap, whose editors have pressed poor Roy to their collective bosom for so very long.
Bourgeois receives official Vatican letter dismissing him from … Continue reading
As we approach the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, I just want to give a big shout out to the folks at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in downtown Washington, DC, for allowing some Catholic girls to jump around in … Continue reading
From the amusing Eye of the Tiber comes this:
Medford, OR––Speaking at a Women’s Rights group at the home of fellow parishioner Florence Hensley of Medford, Oregon this week, 58-year-old Roger Shannahan complained that the group was being sexist for unjustly … Continue reading
From The Sound of Music:
There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say, “Cuckoo”
Regretfully they tell us but firmly they … Continue reading
For your consideration:
This was sent to me with reference to an oldie tune:
I was sent something from the California Catholic Daily about a member of parish liturgy committee who participated in a fake and sacrilegious “ordination” by Roman Catholic Womenpriests. My emphases:
A member of the liturgy committee at a San Francisco parish was … Continue reading
I suppose anyone can go to see the Nuns On The Bus go ’round and ’round. This photo, however, from the Catholic Beat, says a lot.
25 June in Fountain Square, in Cincinnati, OhiO.
Sr. Simone Campbell and friend.
No, I am not … Continue reading
A while back there was a dippy filmette about wymynprysts “Pink Smoke Over the Vatican” inspired by an equally dippy column in the Bakersfield Californian by one Valerie Schultz, a board member of CSUB’s Institute for Religion, Education, and Public … Continue reading
Over at Coo-ees In The Cloister:
Look at this photo. What does it say to you? What questions come to mind as you look at the way these people are dressed, at the signs they are holding?
Is there any dissonance here? … Continue reading
At the site of the Women’s Ordination Conference, there is a petition in support of Fr. Roy Bourgeois, MM (and heretic). I loved this line:
“Our Catholic tradition teaches that sexism is a sin and excluding women from the priesthood is … Continue reading