SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ACTION ITEM! Help fix the roof of a small parish with the TLM. Keep those doors open!
- Daily Rome Shot 237
- PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH, TERROR OF DEMONS
- Mosebach: “The vehemence of the motu proprio’s language suggests that this directive has come too late. “
- VIDEO and text of Peter Kwasniewski’s important talk: “The Pope’s Boundedness to Tradition as a Legislative Limit”
- Look what these men are building… a Marian beacon in the plains.
- Daily Rome Shot 236
- Fr. Z with a question
- “Blessed are the PACE makers.” Make A Plan for Family Communications:
- Daily Rome Shot 235
- Fr. Angel Sotelo – RIP
- 2 August: St. Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor “Zelantissimus” … who bilocated
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 10th Sunday after Pentecost (18th Ordinary – N.O.)
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 1 August ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 234
- ACTION ITEM! Be a “Custos Traditionis”! Join an association of prayer for the reversal of “Traditionis custodes”.
- Trouble keeping the sacristy quiet before Mass?
- BREAKING “Latindr App used to catch priests in compromising situations”
- WDTPRS – 18th Ordinary Sunday: cold reality, warming confidence
- Daily Rome Shot 233
- Daily Rome Shot 232
- Pro-abortion ‘c’atholic politicians and their reception of Holy Communion
- ASK FATHER: The priest only said, “I absolve you from your sins”. Is that sufficient for a valid absolution?
- ACTION ITEM! 15 August 2021 – World-wide Consecration to the Immaculate Heart by all TLM communities
- Traditionis custodes and “reception theory” – or – When a law is no law at all.
- 29 July 1941 – An “offering of life”
- Daily Rome Shot 231
- Daily Rome Shot 230
- UPDATED – 14 August Pontifical Mass at the National Shrine: FORBIDDEN
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 2 October 2014
Here is a reminder about how men take care of differences. Watch to the end, it is only about 1:30. The impatient can go to about 1:00. Yep. This is about right. Let’s have the fight. And for those who … Read More
Catholic News Service issued excepts from a video interview with His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke. (655 views as I post) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2YaU_u1Y0&feature=player_embedded Card. Kasper also has one. (905 views as I post) Compare and contrast. (Watch the imagery.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N879uaq9-8&feature=player_embedded My first … Read More
Here’s something both Catholic and cute for a change. In the Diocese of Lincoln, where it is still okay to be a faithful Catholic openly, there is a school where, on the Feast of St. Therese, the girls dress as … Read More
I recently posted about the good news in the Diocese of Raleigh where, in Dunn, NC, at Sacred Heart Church there are now Masses in the Extraordinary Form celebrated with Spanish re-readings and sermon. HERE For your Brick by Brick … Read More
Yesterday I sent out some thank you notes to people who have recently sent donations. However, a few were kicked back as undeliverable. Not too worry. I record everyone’s names. Today, 2 October, Feast of the Angel Guardians, I will … Read More
I saw this at the Oklahoman: Satan has left the building. Roman Catholic Archbishop Paul S. Coakley and a priest performed “prayers of exorcism” to rid the Civic Center Music Hall of evil spirits that may have lingered after a … Read More
From the Daily Mail: Raped, tortured, forced to watch beheadings, then beaten when they tried to kill themselves: Yazidi girls reveal the hell they endured during ISIS captivity Two teenage Yazidi girls have described the horror of being capture by … Read More
The world’s quicksand is shifting under our feet. More than ever we need the help that God sends us through the loving help of our Guardian Angels. Yes, there are angels. Open your Bible and, within a few pages, you’ll … Read More