SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 311
- ACTION ITEM! Fascinating VIDEO about a common phone scam and big time payback with glitterbomb traps, stink bombs, and law enforcement – UPDATED
- HEMSTED, NY – Saturday 23 Oct – Prayer Vigil with Sacred Relics at Planned Parenthood (aka Big Business Abortion)
- A dying Catholic school reborn and flourishing
- Daily Rome Shot 310
- Gower Abbey with a new disc- Christ The King At Ephesus
- 21 Oct – St Gaspar del Bufalo – “Il martello dei Carbonari… Hammer of Freemasons”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- STOP what you are doing. Go to First Things. Read Archbp. Chaput’s latest about the “courtiers” of Francis.
- Bp. Provost of Lake Charles implements ‘Traditionis custodes’, Francis ‘Plessy v. Ferguson’ legacy document
- Daily Rome Shot 309
- Beautiful Pontifical Mass with Bp. Athanasius Schneider in Detroit – PHOTOS
- “Brought to you by Pfizer.”
- Majority of Catholics don’t know about the cruel attempt to suppress the Traditional Latin Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Daily Rome Shot 308
- Meanwhile, back in Middle Earth
- Archd. of Santa Fe out over its skiis
- Daily Rome Shot 307
- Two macabre images come together
- Newly Catholic, formerly Anglican bishop has some goals. Wherein Fr. Z offers thoughts.
- Your Good News
- UPDATE on Fr. Christensen (ALS) and Seven Sisters Apostolate – Good news!
- Daily Rome Shot 306
- A “unique” expression of the Roman Rite. But remember… it’s the Traditional Latin Mass that’s the big threat.
- ASK FATHER: If women can’t be priests, can they be deacons?
- Daily Rome Shot 305
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 21st Sunday after Pentecost (29th Ordinary – N.O.)
- Latin moments with St. Margaret Mary and St. Hedwig
- ASK FATHER: Can a bishop forbid people from attending Masses of the SSPX?
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 17 October ’21
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 7 May 2007
When I mention that I (the guy from The Wanderer) and Mr. John L. Allen (of the National Catholic Reporter) are friends, some don’t believe me, though why I cannot tell. Today there was an informal meeting of journalists at … Read More
RINUNCE E NOMINE , 07.05.2007 NOMINA DEL SEGRETARIO DELLA CONGREGAZIONE PER IL CLERO Il Santo Padre ha nominato Segretario della Congregazione per il Clero S.E. Mons. Mauro Piacenza, Vescovo tit. di Vittoriana, il quale manterrà ad interim gli incarichi di … Read More
After the death of Msgr. Richard Schuler of St. Agnes in St. Paul (MN), and just before my departure to the USA for his funerl, I sent a letter to the Holy Father to inform him about Msgr. Schuler’s demise. … Read More
In another entry, there is a comment from frequent participant Jon which deserves to be showcased (my emphases): I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. Bishop Kevin Rhoades, our bishop in Harrisburg, was on hand for a High Mass celebrated … Read More
Yesterday evening before heading out to supper (which some of you apparently think I should never eat, or at least must eat in a shabby sort of manner) the light was amazing and required photos. Here are a couple shots … Read More
Over at Shouts I learned of the existence of an episcopal blog. H.E. Most Rev. William Lori, Bp. of Bridgeport, in Connecticut, is now blogging. As an interesting coincidence I also learned of a story on Lifesite entitled "Bishops Conferences … Read More