I wish all of you joy, peace and graces for the new year of salvation 2009!
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 698: “ArsA: Because, 1. Qg7 and the black King escapes… 1. … Ke8 and you have to follow up with forcing…”
- The Egyptian on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home: ““Ask Fr Tommy if any of his friends over there have a clue.” I’m sure “Fr Tommy” knows but it…”
- Tony Pistilli on Daily Rome Shot 699: “Lee is also a Minneapolis native – in an interview earlier this week she mentioned being part of the U…”
- AutoLos on 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images: “Carlo Crivelli’s (1486). I’m a sucker for paintings with peacocks ever since I learned about their symbolism in Christian art…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home: “Dear Bishop McButterpants, I live in the Diocese of Manchester, NH. My territorial NO priest has a growing parish. Last…”
- Philmont237 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home: ““Lighten up, Francis!” -SFC Hulka, “Stripes”, 1981”
- VP on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home: “Dear Fr. Z – I don’t know if one exists, but if so, can you please give the description of…”
- ArsAstronautica on Daily Rome Shot 698: “Why not simply Qg7, checkmate. White queen is protected by the rook. G7 can only be assaulted by the King.”
- Robbie on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “Many in the hierarchy of the Church have lost the faith. Until this generation of leadership is no longer in…”
- Danteewoo on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “Invite the Jews in for a pig’s heart ceremony.”
- Jacques on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “The prophecies of Sister Lucia of Fatima one century ago have been fulfilled : “DIABOLICAL DISORIENTATION” in the Catholic Church.…”
- Bryan D. Boyle on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “Remember the 70s and 80s when tie-dyed vestments and burlap banners (we half filled a 20 cu/yd skip with them…”
- IaninEngland on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “Hmm, if it’s a *pig’s* heart, doesn’t that make this an antisemitic / anti-muslim act?”
- JonPatrick on Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.: “As one commentator said (I think it was Glenn Beck referring to the US Government) for the Church we need…”
- pcg on VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours: “Glorious- thank you Father for posting this. My husband and I lived in London four years ago and the Oratory…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
- 19 March – Feast of St. Joseph – Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church!
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: Monday 4th Week – St. Joseph – Help of the dying
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 26: 4th Sunday of Lent – Joy
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday of Lent – “Laetare!” – 2023 and a POLL about color of vestments
- Meanwhile, in Kansas
- Daily Rome Shot 694
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare (N.O.): Prompt devotion and eager faith
- Daily Rome Shot 693
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 25: Saturday 3rd Week – Getting it right after doing it wrong
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-17 – Bp. Fatty celebrates St. Patty
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 24: Friday 3rd Week of Lent – Burn, baby, BURN!
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me…” The mighty Lorica of Saint Patrick
- Daily Rome Shot 693
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Same to you, Father! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, Father.
And you as well, Father. :)
May God continue to bless you. May he keep you healthy, safe, happy & prosperous. HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Carol & Ray
HAPPY NEW YEAR FATHER ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.
God Bless you Fr. Z and may you have a blessed and healthy new year!
God bless you Fr. Z and all of the WDTPRS bloggers.
Wishing you great blessings and great happiness in 2009
Happy New Year Father!.
Happy New Year Father Z.
A very happy and blessed New Year to you too, Father! And a happy Solemnity of Mary too! May her prayers bring many blessings to you and to all of her sons in the priesthood, in 2009 and always.
Have a Blessed Happy New Year Father…!!!
Happy new year and happy feast day!
Happy Feast of Mary, Mother of God!!!
Happy Octave Day of Christmas!!!
Happy New Year!!!
Yet more and more souls to add to the history of salvation! Happy New Year Father, and happy Feast! Thank you for all you do for us and for God’s Church!
The same to you Fr. Z
God bless you father.
You are a great asset, Father. I wish you all the best in continuing the great work for our Holy Church.
May God bless you in the New Year and always, Father Z!
Happy New Year, Father Z. Let’s hope and pray 2009 is a lot better than 2008 was.
A blessed and holy 2009 to you Father Z and to all your blog readers.
¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
Happy New Year to you as well, Father!
Happy New Year Fr Z.
Happy New Year!
Feliz Ano Novo, Padre Z! :)
A happy and holy new year! many thanks, Father, for all your good work.
A Happy and Holy New Year to you Fr. Z, and to all who follow your blog – whether they post or not.
Thank you, Father! God bless you. May it be a year of filling seminaries!
Happy New Year, Father!
And thank you for all your work.
Happy New Year Father! God bless you, and thank you for this wonderful blog!
Happy New Year, Fr. Zuhlsdorf. Keep fighting the good fight.
And a Blessed Feast of the Circumcision to you as well. I come not to destroy the Law but to fulfill it. Tradition! Tradition!
Happy New Year, Father!
Thank you Father and bonne année to all of you from Belgium. Some readers may be interested in the news that Cardinal Vingt-Trois, the Archbishop of Paris, will celebrate Mass in the Extraordinary Rite at the Parish Church of St Eugène — Ste Cécile, Paris, on Sunday, 4th January 2009 at 11.00am (the feast of Ste Geneviève, patroness of the city). The occasion will be a farewell to Mgr Batut, the curé and friend of the TLM, who is to be ordained Auxiliary Bishop of Lyon.
Happy New Year! Did you eat pork/sausage and sauerkraut, or blackeyed peas, or red beans and rice?
A very Happy New Year, too, to you, Father! Thank you so much for maintaining this blog.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in this the New Year and always, Father.
Xin nien kuei le!
Happy New Year, Father…may God continue to keep you safe and healthy in 2009!
Thank you, Father, for your good wishes, and for sharing your thoughts and life with so many.
May God keep you and shine His Face upon you!