From a reader:
i’m a reader of your blog and i want to ask you some questions.here they are:
1. is it a sin to attend to sspx chapels?
2. is it also a sin to receive the sacraments in their chapels?
3. in receiving these sacraments from sspx priests, does it constitute a sin also?
4. can a person be an altar server at the sspx chapels?
1. I don’t know. It really depends on the circumstances and the reasons for going? Some people go simply because they are interested in the older Mass. Some go and don’t receive Communion. Some go because they are Sede Vacantists. Some go because they were always brought there by their parents. Etc. There is no way to answer that easily.
2. I have to say the same as above. People have to know they are doing something wrong in order to be guilty of a sinful act. Most people know that SSPX Masses are valid, but their marriages and confessions aren’t… since the priests don’t have the Church’s permission to function for the Church.
4. Maybe, for reasons I state above.
I have the sense that the writer is young.
These are times when we need to be a little flexible. I suggest that, if you are going to SSPX Masses, to go to confession a regular parish where the priest has faculties and is in union with the local bishop and/or religious institute.