SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- There’s a bad moon on the rise
- Fight Song Alleluia
- Daily Rome Shot 656
- Wherein Fr. Z makes suggestions to young men thinking about seminary, seminarians, younger priests and the lay people who love them.
- Daily Rome Shot 655 with video
- Card. Sarah on what the Church “tragically” needs today
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – SEPTUGESIMA Sunday (N.O.: 5th Ord) 2023 – Fr. Z POLL!
- Daily Rome Shot 654
- Just for fun…. and scorn.
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: You have been advised.
- Daily Rome Shot 653 and a change to links
- 3 February: St. Blaise Day and the special blessings of candles and of throats
- Daily Rome Shot 652
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet NOTE
- “Days in Rome” Project – April/May 2023
- ACTION ITEM! Form of absolution to CHANGE in 2023. OPPORTUNITY: Inform priests who have been screwing around with the form of absolution.
- Highly recommended: Archbp. Aquila’s response to Card. McElroy’s errors.
- ASK FATHER: “I am in need of confession and I feel to embarrassed to speak to my church face to face.”
- Daily Rome Shot 651
- “Days in Rome” Project – April/May 2023 – UPDATE
- These folks could teach Moray eels a thing or two about slippery twisting. (Yes, this features a Jesuit.)
- Crisis: Will today’s shepherds provoke a schism as they have in the past?
- Daily Rome Shot 650
- Sign posted on confessional door: “GET TO THE POINT!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Daily Rome Shot 649
- Fr. John Hollowell’s brain tumor was miraculously healed at Lourdes.
- Items of good news and an ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: I just learned we have to confess mortal sins in kind and NUMBER. But I haven’t been doing that. I don’t want to go to Hell.
- Daily Rome Shot 648 & Pre-Lent is coming
- If Vatican II was supposed to usher in a new “springtime”…
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 27 May 2010
This is really interesting: PENN AG TOM CORBETT SHOULD EMPANEL GRAND JURY IN SESTAK AFFAIRBy Dick Morris05.27.2010 By Dick Morris and Judge Andrew Napolitano With a Democratic Attorney General in Washington, a Democratic president, and both houses of Congress solidly … Read More
As I mentioned several days ago, I will say Mass tomorrow, Friday in the Octave of Pentecost for those who follow the traditional calendar, for the intention of those benefactors who have sent donations and used the wish list. It … Read More
I love this story: Congo paraplegic band rocks around the worldFrom Neil Curry CNN Cannes, France (CNN) — A group of disabled Congolese musicians could soon become a global sensation after an acclaimed documentary about the group was shown at … Read More
I am always enheartened when a find a parish where large percentages of the congregation receive Holy Communion on the tongue directly, and even more when kneeling. In his entry, Fr. Heliman first presents a Youtube of Bp. Morlino preaching, … Read More
Today’s email inbox has the feeling of the traditional night of the week a thug comes home after a few with the guys and beats the tar out of the wife and kids. The clerical abuse of children is the … Read More
Nicholas Kristof has written blasphemous and historically inaccurate pieces for his mack Hell’s Bible. He now turns attention to the situation of a Catholic woman religious who, as a hospital administrator in Arizona, approved the killing of unborn child through … Read More
Pretty sad and steamed about this following story from CNA: St. Michael statue stolen from US Marine’s gravestone in New York Allegany, N.Y., May 27, 2010 / 10:47 am (CNA).- Police are investigating the theft of a marble statue of … Read More
For your "brick by brick" file… from a reader: Dear father, with all the negative publicity that the Archdiocese of Seattle has received lately with Fr. Ryan’s public dissent and Fr. Jan Larsen’s column, it is refreshing to know that … Read More
Matthew Warner offered this on the site of the National Catholic Register. After comparing blog comments to graffiti (perhaps he is a facebook devotee with a "wall") he sallies forth to identity 10 types of commenters…. or should it be commentators? … Read More
There was story recently that, mirabile dictu, the Obama administration filed a brief with the Supreme Court backing Holy See’s claim of immunity from a lawsuit brought against an alleged pedophile priest in the United States. You have to wonder … Read More
The Blessed Sacrament on Broadway, literally on Broadway… on the street itself. CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION MARKS END YEAR FOR PRIESTS New York, May 25th – Manhattan’s historic Church of the Holy Innocents will mark the final First Thursday of the … Read More