Tim Drake, a columnist for the National Catholic Register (Register – Good. Reporter – Bad.) has 14 points for how to make your parish more self-centered.
(The point is: Parishes should not be self-centered.)
Here are the points. You can read his commentary on each point over there.
14. Community Center
13. Move the Music to the Front
12. No More Smells and Bells
11. Ditch the Artwork
10. Remove the Stations of the Cross
9. Scrap the Kneelers
8. Favor the Horizontal over the Vertical
6. Better Bread
5. Turn the Mass into a Talk Show
4. Get Rid of Reconciliation
3. Social Center
2. Play with the Liturgy
1. Move the Tabernacle