SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Not on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “On Marriage, I remember hearing a true story, (may not have all the facts correct). A Royal Couple wanted a…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.: “” . . . bear the crosses that flow from the obligations one has chosen” This is heresy and anathema…”
- FranzJosf on ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST: “Oh, gosh. The smell of jasmine reminds of New Orleans, about 35 years ago and a wonderful Jesuit (!) Priest…”
- JustaSinner on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: “Tossed my keys into a post box with mail while in college. Called the Post Office and a courier arrived…”
- Chris in Maryland 2 on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “How odd of the NO “movement,” that its “movers” in the 60s – 70s insisted that “the reform” was “oh-so-much”…”
- Gaetano on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “I strongly support scrutinies for candidates before ordination. Indeed, I support presenting the Oath of Fidelity & Profession of Faith…”
- Cornelius on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “The surest sign that something in the Church pleases God and suits His purposes is that it has endured. This…”
- HFL on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thanks for this very insightful instuction Father Z. I, too, had wondered about the timing issue of their receiving the…”
- Father JCPS on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Did Benedict XVI add the Prayers over the People during Lent back to the Roman Missal or did Saint John…”
- Imrahil on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023: “Not a sermon note, but at the charismatic event I attended (which I had been planning if I was home,…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “We have an entry in Butler for St. Gameliel: “He was of the sect of the Pharisees, and a doctor…”
- ThePapalCount on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “Thank you FrZ for this exceptional teaching and insight. This makes the whole Pentecost event even more powerful and amazing.…”
- Geoffrey on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: ““If the Octave of Pentecost can be abolished for the Novus Ordo calendar, it can be reinstated, just as Benedict…”
- Greg Hlatky on Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection: “This applies to yesterday’s rant as well as today’s. I’m just a poor, dumb pew sitter but I’ve been a…”
- Dad of Six on ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.: ““Which of these breakfast pairings is mine? And why?” The ‘Pop Tart’ on the left. Because apples remind you of…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
- ROME 23/05 – Day 25: Picture show
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-20 – “Breakout” session
- This might provoke a Snicker or two.
- A good point in Card. Burke’s book on when Communion should be denied
- OMNIUM GATHERUM: TLM pilgrimage, Music, Miracle sought
- ROME 23/05 – Day 24: Hoofing it and blossoms
- Laus Deo! Great news from Gower Abbey in Missouri
- Chicago Alderman to Card. Cupich: FREE THE SHRINE!
- ROME 23/05 – Day 23: Purple, Pizza and Puzzle
- ROME 23/05 – Day 22: Banns and bans
- ACTION ITEM! New Roman vestments for the parish – UPDATES – Starting to collect the pledges.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 6th Sunday after Easter, Sunday after Ascension (N.O.: 7th of) 2023
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: D. Phoenix
Priest invalidly baptized for 27 years. But those “rigid”, traditional priests who stick to the words are the problem! It’s a Vatican 2 thing.
I’ve probably had half a dozen emails about this disaster today, so I will post on it and comment. It is reported at lib outlets CNN and NPR, that a priest of the Diocese of Phoenix ordained in 1995, 27 … Read More
GOOD NEWS in the Diocese of Phoenix regarding TC and the DD
TC and the DD… Traditionis Custodes (aka “Jailers of Tradition” aka “Taurina cacata”) and the Dubious Dubia. In effect, this doesn’t exactly “round file” TC and the DD. It is more like to… … leaving it out on the steps … Read More
A Must Read. Important post at the UK’s @CatholicHerald today.
There’s an important post at the UK’s Catholic Herald today. It has to do with the HERE I’m always going on about how, for success, every initiative we undertake in the Church has to start in and go back to … Read More
Outstanding sermon! Fr. Lankeit @PhoenixDiocese – response to unscrupulous homosexualist agenda
The last time I was in Phoenix I didn’t have the chance to meet Fr. John Lankeit, rector of the Cathedral of Sts. Simon and Jude (a great feast day for another reason). I have written about him before HERE. … Read More
Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
Bp. Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix continues to impress. Remember that he had the steel to remove the title “Catholic” from a hospital where – at the approval of women religious – a direct abortion was performed. Lately, Bp. Olmsted has planned … Read More
VIDEO: A CALL TO BATTLE: ‘Society’s Crisis in Masculinity’
The Diocese of Phoenix, under the oversight of impressive Bishop Thomas Olmsted, has issued a 10 minute video. A Call to Battle – A Short Film on ‘Society’s Crisis in Masculinity’ 4975 views at the time of this posting. Last … Read More
Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle!
Liberal catholics want to wussify the Church. They effectively embrace the world’s ways and think the Church should adapt her teachings and practices to shifting secular mores. They accuse those who still dare to stand up in the public square and defend … Read More
1 year later: Fr. Kenneth Walker, FSSP – RIP
Catholics traditionally pray for their dead, particularly with the celebration of Holy Mass, on the day of their death, on the third, seventh, and thirtieth day (“Month’s Mind”) after the death or burial. We also remember them on the year … Read More
BREAKING: Arrest made in the murder of Fr. Walker – UPDATED
There is forensic evidence that connects the suspect to inside the rectory and inside the Fr. Walker’s vehicle which he stole. There is a Requiem this morning. Around that same time there is supposed to be a presser. More from … Read More
PHOENIX: Developments in case of Fr. Walker and Fr. Terra
You will want to see this. HERE Bp. Olmsted makes remarks on camera. And BBC HERE Among other things that story says that they have now a description of the suspected perp and that Fr. Terra can talk finally: Parishioner … Read More
PHOENIX: More about the murder of Fr. Walker
Fr. Kenneth Walker, FSSP, 29, was shot to death by an unknown killer who also assaulted another priest, Fr. Joseph Terra, 56, who is in critical condition. Fr. Terra was able to give Fr. Walker absolution. The news coverage is … Read More
Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
From a reader: Dear Fr. Zuhlsdorf, I came across “Save the Liturgy, Save the World” and “Say the Black, Do the Red!” while reading Fr. John Lankeit’s bulletin letter to the parishioners at Sts. Simon and Jude Cathedral, Phoenix, Arizona … Read More
ALERT PHOENIX! 26-27 August – Two talks you do NOT want to miss!
In the Catholic Sun, issued by the Diocese of Phoenix, I see advertised something that you do NOT want to miss if you are anywhere in the vicinity. Priest with Vatican, Phoenix ties to share Church’s wisdom in Scottsdale Fr. … Read More
Sister goes door to door asking Catholics to return to Mass
Never underestimate the power of an invitation. Once upon a time there were groups like Legion of Mary, which could canvass parish neighborhoods. Once upon a time, priests even walked about neighborhoods working on a census. Then again, parish neighborhoods … Read More
Phoenix Legatus Conference Day 1
I am in Phoenix for the annual summit of Legatus. It really fires up tonight, but registration has begun. There is “hospitality” during the day. I may take my laptop down to the common area and work from there while … Read More
Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues pastoral letter to priests about importance of Confession
From the onset, Fr. Z Kudos to His Excellency Most Rev. Bp. Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix for his new Pastoral Letter on CONFESSIONS! The letter is called “Apostles of Mercy” and it is directed to the Priests of the Diocese … Read More
Bp. Olmsted removes “Catholic” status from another Phoenix hospital
Bp. Olmsted is reinforcing Catholic identity again. As I wrote some time ago: We’ve seen this movie before, and it ain’t The Bells of St. Mary’s. I saw this at azcentral.com: Bishop strips Mercy Gilbert Medical Center of Catholic status By … Read More
A reader about a parish with confessions on Good Friday
From a reader: I had to tell you about what happened at our parish ___ this Good Friday. We had confessions on Good Friday for the first time that I can remember since coming here in the early 1990s. Not … Read More
Dr. Peters concerning the excomm’d Mercy Sister in Phoenix
I posted about the Mercy Sister in Phoenix who approved a direct abortion at a Catholic hospital. The local Bishop, confirmed that she had incurred an automatic excommunication. Then a story emerged that she, Sr. McBride, had been reconciled. I … Read More