There is a promising conference in – I think – Kansas. The advertising is a little confusing, since they are talking about it on the site of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Littleton (Denver), CO where my friend Fr. James Jackson FSSP reigns supreme. However, the conference seems to be in Pittsburgh… KANSAS.
It will take place over 3 days, 15-17 September. As the site says:
The purposes of this conference are, therefore, five in number:
- First, to serve as an introduction to the traditional Roman Mass for those who would like to learn more about their Catholic liturgical heritage
- Second, to serve as the first step in teaching the practical arts of singing, serving, saying, and participating in this venerable and beautiful form of the Roman Mass
- Third, to take the first step in evaluating the possibility of establishing a stable Latin Mass community in the four state area
- Fourth, to help parents, home school teachers, PSR instructors, and R.C.I.A. leaders to acquire the knowledge and materials necessary to help transmit this important, though often overlooked, aspect of Catholic identity
- Finally, to allow people of common minds regarding liturgy, theology, beauty, music, spirituality, and reverence to meet, know, and enjoy each other’s company