1. Pres. Trump will get yet another SCOTUS pick.
2. Francis and the meeting in Rome about protection of minors will miss the point of The Present Crisis and do nothing concrete.
3. The Diocese of Madison will remain vacant.
4. The blog will be wholly renovated.
5. The number of places with Holy Mass ad orientem will grow quietly but significantly.
6. Card. Dolan will be made head of the Holy Sepulcher.
7. Card. Wuerl will still be Administrator in Washington DC.
8. Holy See media policies and statements will make Baghdad Bob proud.
9. A large number of priests will begin to use the Usus Antiquior but seminaries will become more hostile.
10. Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor.
How did I do last year?
1. Pres. Trump will acknowledge North Korea a nuclear state to diffuse the military option. [-0 – Nope, but he did diffuse the situation another way.]
2. The building of The Wall will begin. [+1 – Building is on, slowly. Negotiating money is part of it.]
3. Justice Kennedy will resign from the Supreme Court, and Pres. Trump will get another pick. [+1]
4. Pope Francis – still Pope – will beatify Pierre Teilhard de Chardin with the intention to canonize him and declare him Doctor of the Church. [-1]
5. The Synod on Youth will discuss “viri probati”, which will be approved as a step to making clerical celibacy optional. [-1]
6. The Holy See and Palestine will establish full diplomatic relations, Nunciature in Bethlehem. [-1]
7. The number of places with Holy Mass ad orientem will grow quietly but significantly. [+1 This is happening.]
8. Card. Sarah will be transferred to Propaganda and Archbp. Roche will takeover at CDW. [-1 – I’m glad I was wrong about this.]
9. Doctrinal evaluation of professors and theological writings will be devolved to local episcopal conferences. [-1 – I’m not sure if any work is done on this now.]
10. Fr. Z will still not be a Monsignor. [+1 – Quosque?]
How did I do last year? HERE