A “unique expression” of the “lex orandi” in Chicago.

This entry was posted in I'm just askin'..., SESSIUNCULA. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Comments

1. Gaetano says:

This is fairly standard for Chicago.

It is a liturgical wasteland.

2. dholwell says:

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is offered for four ends: atonement, adoration, thanksgiving, and petition. I don’t recall “boogying” on the list.

3. Josephus Muris Saliensis says:

One cannot claim to have watched a lot of this horrid video, nor is one conversant with this type of liturgy – but the fact that the ‘singstrix’ repeatedly shouts “Come-on” during her arias might suggest a certain reluctance amongst the Faithful.

And believe me, to be truly a member of God’s Faithful at such a liturgy week-in week-out, you’re way ahead of me in sanctity! God bless these poor suffering souls. Very little Purgatory left for them!

4. Senor Quixana says:

The great value in this for me is it prompts a prayer of gratitude to live in a diocese where this nonsense does not happen to the best of my knowledge.

5. InFormationDiakonia says:

I don’t have the words…..other than glad I am not in the Archdiocese of Chicago.

6. Bret Ramsey says:

They are “Kool” and in the “Gang”. Tradition not so much.

7. ThePapalCount says:

What a disgrace.

8. Fr. Reader says:

I thought those kind of things had ended 30 years ago or so…

9. Kathleen10 says:

I showed this to my husband. Embarrassing, he said. Two points, only one out of 100 people under 40 will go anywhere near this type of thing. No one under 30. This whole thing has an expiration date. The second point is, this is why we should laugh when Cupich does his thing or anybody else does their thing. Laugh and just continue doing the TLM. I’m looking forward to seeing what ICK in Chicago is going to do. Hoping the response is manly.

10. TonyO says:

So much for the “St. Sing a New Community Into Being Community”. I think they are singing (or at least “singing”, actually more like shouting) an old community out of existence. Which is good to do, but one could wish they would go out with a wimper, and can the drums.

11. elijah408 says:

Is this in the assisted living chapel? I see a walker in the back. Maybe a miracle was taking place? lol No, but in all serious, this is a sacrilege of all that is holy and sacred!

Comments are closed.