SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: You have been advised.
- Daily Rome Shot 653 and a change to links
- 3 February: St. Blaise Day and the special blessings of candles and of throats
- Daily Rome Shot 652
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet NOTE
- “Days in Rome” Project – April/May 2023
- ACTION ITEM! Form of absolution to CHANGE in 2023. OPPORTUNITY: Inform priests who have been screwing around with the form of absolution.
- Highly recommended: Archbp. Aquila’s response to Card. McElroy’s errors.
- ASK FATHER: “I am in need of confession and I feel to embarrassed to speak to my church face to face.”
- Daily Rome Shot 651
- “Days in Rome” Project – April/May 2023
- These folks could teach Moray eels a thing or two about slippery twisting. (Yes, this features a Jesuit.)
- Crisis: Will today’s shepherds provoke a schism as they have in the past?
- Daily Rome Shot 650
- Sign posted on confessional door: “GET TO THE POINT!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Daily Rome Shot 649
- Fr. John Hollowell’s brain tumor was miraculously healed at Lourdes.
- Items of good news and an ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: I just learned we have to confess mortal sins in kind and NUMBER. But I haven’t been doing that. I don’t want to go to Hell.
- Daily Rome Shot 648 & Pre-Lent is coming
- If Vatican II was supposed to usher in a new “springtime”…
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Epiphany: YOU, weary foot soldier of the Church Militant
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday after Epiphany (N.O.: 4th Ord) 2023
- Daily Rome Shot 648 and another “Emeritus”
- The Exorcist Files. Podcasts about real cases.
- Daily Rome Shot 647
- Benedict XVI said that he abdicated because of insomnia
- Fr Z’s Kitchen: Hardwear and soft-fare.
- Daily Rome Shot 646 with Friday appropriate fare
- Responses to Card. McElroy’s essay in Jesuit-run Amerika
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Category Archives: Both Lungs
I very much enjoy most of the voice mail I receive through my US and UK phone numbers and directly through Skype. First, to the lady in Cleveland who wants me to write something that she can “un-apologetically rip off” for … Read More
ASK FATHER: If Orthodox schismatics can receive Communion, why not divorced and remarried (adulterers)?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: “Amoris Latitia” contains the footnote  stating those living in irregular unions can be admitted to holy communion in some circumstances; the idea being that they may be in the state of grace, despite how (objectively) they … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My question comes from what my professor said in class and it doesn’t seem correct. In class, we were told that if a Catholic was in Russia [and there being no Catholic Church; either Latin or … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am an Orthodox Christian. I believe that the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church are both Apostolic Churches, albeit, not in full communion. I converted to EO from Calvinism after being raised Pentecostal. … Read More
I saw this at Voice of the Family. You can find it other places too. The entire Synod of Bishops (and the fancy people running it) received a marvelously cold slap in the face with the wet towel of real … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My husband and I could potentially have our three children (ages 5, 2, and infant) receive their remaining Sacraments of Initiation while on an extended visit with family in a different state. Though Latin Rite, we … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have two Questions concerning the liturgical role of instituted acolytes in the Eastern Rites: 1) May a man who has been instituted as an acolyte according to the ordinary form of the Roman Rite vest and act … Read More
I’ve been monitoring my voice mail. A question came in a while back which I can now treat. Let’s have the audio… This is an interesting question. I’m a Latin Church, Catholic priest and not really qualified to speak about the … Read More
From a reader… I know of a local Ukrainian Catholic priest who baptizes any Catholic baby (whether Roman or Eastern Rite) who is brought to him by their parents (whether or not the parents knew of this priest or if … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Is a person who was baptized a Roman Catholic and later re-baptized in the Coptic Orthodox Church a member in good standing of both Churches who can receive communion in either one? A dear friend of mine was … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When Latin priests concelebrate at a Divine Liturgy, they are are to wear Latin Vestments (cf. Instruction for Applying The Liturgical Prescriptions of the Code of Canons of the Eastern Churches, #68). The Deacon in the Divine Liturgy … Read More