SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Look at even more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- Daily Rome Shot 496
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: confirmation
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, You recently had a post, “ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly” In this post you discuss the con-validation of a mixed marriage and a little but about the process. I have an interesting … Read More
You perhaps have heard that a bishop in Argentina, has approved the baptism of a child held in custody by two lesbians. HERE Vatican Insider has an explanation by a “collaborator” of then-Archbp. Bergoglio in Buenos Aires. HERE Pope Francis, … Read More
From a reader: Can I arrange for my daughter to eventually attend catechism classes, and have First Communion and Confirmation in a parish outside of our geographical parish? Or is she required to receive the sacraments in our geographical parish unless the parish … Read More
From a reader: If a person is confirmed in Mortal Sin, does it ‘count’, or must he/she be conditionally re-confirmed. What you are asking is “Was the sacrament validly conferred?” or “Is she confirmed?” Yes. The sacrament was validly confirmed and … Read More
From a reader: My younger sister is going through Confirmation classes and, God-willing, will be confirmed next year. She seem to have her heart set on Maximilian Kolbe as her Confirmation Saint/name. Interestingly enough, the Confirmation class teacher (of 25 … Read More
Dr. Peters has a new post on his fine canon law blog, In the Light of the Law. He doesn’t have an open combox over there, and I can understand why. Confirmation and advocacy of ‘gay marriage’ by Dr. Edward … Read More
From a reader: 56 girls were recently confirmed. Isn’t that too big a group? I would rather have smaller groups, and the Archdiocese of ___ has no shortage of auxiliary bishops and vicars. There is no requirement in canon law … Read More
From a reader: I attended a Confirmation yesterday, and I noticed two things that made me doubtful. Firstly, the fact that some of the girls being confirmed had two godfathers, or two godmothers, while I had been told in my … Read More
Our friends at Rorate have publicized that a French bishop, Most. Rev. Jean Bonfils, Emeritus of Nice went to an SSPX chapel in Ajaccio, Corsica and administered the sacrament of Confirmation to 19 people. It seems that the local SSPX … Read More
This should cause some discussion! From CNA: Bishop Aquila receives Pope’s praise for reordering sacraments By David Kerr Rome, Italy, Mar 8, 2012 / 03:58 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Bishop Samuel Aquila of Fargo said he is delighted to have first-hand … Read More
From a reader: I was confirmed by His Excellency Bishop Tissier de Mallerais. He belongs to the SSPX, and I was reading that my confirmation was valid but illicit. Should I get confirmed again. (If I get a disposition from … Read More
From a reader: My question is regarding confirmation. Do those who receive the sacrament have to be in a state of grace in order for it to take? (the answer, I assume, is yes). I ask this because I am … Read More
I saw on the site of Andrea Tornielli that Card. Lehmann of Mainz considers Pope Benedict’s provisions in Summorum Pontificum to be foolish. That is the only conclusion you can come to, and it is my conclusion, if you consider … Read More
The ancient Church, and in Eastern Churches today, the sacraments “of initiation” were given “continuously”, that is, all at once. Even infants were confirmed after baptism and then given the Eucharist. The separation of confirmation came about probably as a … Read More
A question came in from a priest friend preparing confirmands for confirmation in the older traditional, form. The question posed was about the Latin form of the name which the confirmands chooses. The confirmand is called by name in Latin, … Read More