SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Son of Saint Alphonsus on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Fathers: If for some reason you can’t obtain wine from a sacramental wine distributor, talk to someone at a local…”
- TonyO on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Did nearly all that…shot rifles at 9, though my pa could not afford to just give me my own gun,…”
- Jim Dorchak on Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA: “Our Son Thomas now has his first HAM radio. It was gifted to him by a Chilean friend of ours…”
- Cornelius on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Born in 1958, this is all true for me (except the eating worms bit – didn’t do that, but I…”
- Fr Martin Fox on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “For most priests, I aver, it is no problem obtaining valid wine by way of companies that specialize in preparing…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Oh, 4139 Masses because I was a daily Mass attendee for over 10 years. I realize I hadn’t missed 4150…”
- The Masked Chicken on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Many years ago, when I was a wee chick in graduate school, I used to attend the university Newman Center.…”
- Littlemore on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “iPadre writes. . ?That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than…”
- sjoseph371 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I find it hard to believe that any priest cannot find the correct wine for Mass. What are they doing,…”
- Katherine on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “TonyO wrote, “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it…”
- Not on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just another issue that causes trepidation among Catholics. Recently I have experienced traditional Priests not accepting Baptisms from other traditional…”
- Cornelius on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I’m confused by this: “Therefore, for years, none of the Masses were valid. None of the intentions for Masses were…”
- maternalView on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Catholic beauty for the win!”
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Just go back to the old Mass and the traditional forms of the Sacraments. No more doubts about validity. Never…”
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Eucharistic fast
ASK FATHER: Traditional Eucharistic fast from midnight before Christmas Midnight Mass?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: A few year’s ago, I started trying to observe the older eucharistic fasting discipline of taking no food or water from midnight until the reception of Holy Communion the next day. I am curious to know … Read More
ASK FATHER: Suspension of Communion on the tongue because of #Coronavirus
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, in the Philippines a bishop told people to stop receiving Communion on the tongue and receive only in the hand because of Coronavirus and don’t have the chalice too. What say you? We have seen … Read More
ASK FATHER: Holy Communion after biting inside of mouth
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I write today to ask whether there are any problems with partaking of Communion after having bitten/chewed the inside of one’s own mouth. First, I am glad that you are so interested in proper reception of … Read More
ASK FATHER: Deacon consumed unconsecrated Hosts which dropped to the floor
From a reader… QUAERITUR: At Mass on the Assumption, the lady carrying the hosts for the offertory was unable to carry the container level (appeared to have Parkinson’s and was shaking) and dropped several on the floor. The deacon noticed, … Read More
Concrete suggestions for the Synod of Bishops
The issue of Communion for those in irregular marriages, and for other sinners as well, is not to be quickly solved. Rushing to amend the annulment process seems to me a bad idea. However, there are a couple things that … Read More
ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
From a priest… QUAERITUR: I mostly do the Extraordinary Form. I saw in the De defectibus of 1962, it tells priest to fast 3 hours before communion, does that still hold with extra ordinary form Mass or does the hour … Read More
ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m an EMHC [Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion] in our Parish. At yesterday’s Mass, I was sitting a pew or two behind a woman who was chugging what I can only assume was a coffee beverage … Read More
QUAERITUR: Another question about fasting before Communion.
From a reader: I’ve read past entries of yours in which you’ve commented on the particulars of the fast before the reception of Holy Communion, and there’s one aspect you haven’t covered yet to my knowledge. What if I’m in … Read More
POLL: How long should the Eucharistic Fast be?
I would appreciate it if other bloggers would link to this so that we can get a really large response. Every once in a while I run into someone who doesn’t know about the Eucharistic fast before reception of Holy … Read More
QUAERITUR: Eucharistic fast… AFTER Communion? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
From a reader: I heard recently that there is a rule that after receiving Holy Communion, a person should not eat for fifteen minutes (I think because that’s how long the Body of Christ is in us after Communion). Most … Read More
Catholic Herald: The Church should make life harder for Catholics
Here is something for us all to think about as we approach the Year of Faith. From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, comes this good reflection. It is on their regular site, but can be found in … Read More
QUAERITUR: When does the Eucharistic fast start? Before Communion or before Mass?
From a reader: Does the Eucharistic fast before Mass begin an hour before Mass starts or an hour before you receive Communion. I’ve heard different answers all my life, and some clarification would be great. Thanks The Eucharistic fast is … Read More
QUAERITUR: Does coffee break the Eucharistic fast?
From a reader: My confessor (who is also a canon lawyer) told me that it is OK to drink coffee before Mass, within the sixty minute period before you receive communion. He says it’s OK to do this because “coffee … Read More
Universae Ecclesiae 28, the Eucharistic Fast, and You.
I had a post about Univerae Ecclesiae 28 and how the derogation in that paragraph makes it clear that the provisions of Summorum Pontificum exclude female service at the altar in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The reason … Read More
GUEST RANT: the present Eucharistic Fast is a JOKE
Stuart Reid, a regular columnist in the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, wrote a smart thing the other day! My emphases and comments: Perpend… Counter-Reformation corner (first in an occasional series on ways to reform the reforms): The … Read More