SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Rediscovered video about and with J.R.R. Tolkien
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 7
- Daily Rome Shot 598, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 09 – Monday 2nd Week of Advent: Patience and Prayer
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 6
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 2nd Sunday of Advent – 2022
- Daily Rome Shot 597, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 08 – 2nd Sunday of Advent: Loving Judgment
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 2nd Sunday of Advent: Patience
- Daily Rome Shot 596, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 5
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 4 Dec ’22 – 2nd Sunday of Advent
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 07 – Saturday 1st Week Advent: Dissipated souls
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 4
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 06 – Friday 1st Week of Advent: Pure of Heart
- An answer that left a newsie speechless!
- Daily Rome Shot 595, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 3
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 05 – Thursday 1st Week of Advent: Darling plant
- CRISIS: A Unified Theory of “Backwardism” – Go read it NOW.
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 2
- Swiss Bishop abolishes office of diocesan exorcist. What could go wrong?
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 04 – Wednesday 1st Week of Advent: Wanton women
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 1
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 03 – Tuesday 1st Week of Advent: “Choose life!”
- The Federalist’s reaction to the “Hell’s Bible” hit piece against TLM-going Catholics
- Daily Rome Shot 593, etc. video and a BOOK suggestion
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 02 – Monday 1st Week of Advent: “Wake up!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: GIRM
From a reader… I have a question about the GIRM. If I’m reading it correctly everything except from the Offertory through Communion Rite must be done from the chair, and the missal and chalice placed elsewhere except for those times. … Read More
From a reader… As an avid reader of your blog please first be assured of my prayers. I recently attended an Engaged Encounter weekend in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the priest who said Mass had the couples surround … Read More
From a reader… I recently attended a “school Mass” at a local Catholic school while I was substitute teaching for the day. I had the misfortune of happening upon a parish that uses about one extraordinary minister per member of the congregation. After … Read More
From a reader: As far as I understand it, in the OF you are required by the Roman Missal and the GIRM to say ONE collect (not adding another for a commemoration, like in EF). But, on Feb 3 this year, Msgr. … Read More
From a reader: #1: Some persons make the Sign of the Cross when the priest closes the Act of Penitence (‘May Almighty God have mercy on us . . . ‘), but this is not mentioned in the GIRM. Is … Read More
From a reader: Our new and much more traditional pastor joined us a few years ago, and within the first year he had the tabernacle moved behind the altar. (Which made me and many others very happy)I have observed the … Read More
In The Catholic Herald of the Diocese of Madison, where the great Bishop Robert Morlino exercises oversight, there is a great article on an issue we have addressed here many times: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion giving blessings to non-communicants … Read More
US Catholic ‘s Bryan Cones became a little hysterical about Bp. Olmsted’s decision to apply the Church’s laws concerning Communion under both kinds in the Diocese of Phoenix. As I understand it, the 1975 edition of the Missale Romanum gave … Read More
You should be checking out The Chant Cafe with some regularity. I saw this over there. I thought it was apt, considering I have also lately seen a few posts out there in the blogosphere about proper attire in church. … Read More
My friend Jeffrey Tucker of the estimable The Chant Cafe has a fascinating post about changes in the noew, corrected translation of the Missale Romanum which will affect sacred music in our worship. Here is his piece, which I am … Read More
From the website of the newspaper the Catholic Herald of the Diocese of Madison, where H.E. Most Rev. Robert Morlino reigns, comes this piece about the manner of reception of Holy Communion. I must add, as the writer does not, … Read More
From a reader: I was introduced to Canon 838 and surrounding. My understanding is that the bishop is free to do whatever he wants liturgically provided that the Apostolic See has not decreed to the contrary. Of course, he is … Read More
From a reader: Our parish has always knelt for the Second Elevation (after the Agnus Dei). This is a regular Novus Ordo Mass. Our priest retired and now our new temporary priest has instructed us to remain standing. I want … Read More