Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Former pastor back in town. Mentioned that in his last apostolate (Mauritius ) the hospitals don’ t have single rooms, so the Hindus and the other non-Christ ians see...
- Kerry: Or maybe Chaplain Fr. Patrick Dore?
- Kerry: Francis P. Duffy?
- kurtmasur: I was thoroughly impressed with the Holy Mass in the video, both liturgical ly and musically. The Mass in this video has taught me that indeed we can compose new additions to sacred...
- Charles E Flynn: @Johanna, You might enjoy this book: Spiritual Direction From Dante: Avoiding the Inferno , by Paul Pearson
- The Cobbler: Everyone else is trying to guess the chaplain and I’m wondering why the old dude is pulling the hair of the young dude. Also that first picture looks like a statue that belongs...
- Johanna: We had the fifth in a series of sermons I have been enjoying very much, about Dante̵ 7;s Inferno. This one was about the second circle of hell, Paolo and Francesca, and differe...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Good to see you there yesterday. Although I was not a fan of the music (drama and dissonance , more suited for a modern opera) I commend the organizers for identifyin g and drawing a...
- Zephyrinus: Dear Fr. Z. How about Fr. Willie Doyle ? (see https://en .wikipedia .org/wiki/ Willie_Doy le) Any luck ?
- Suzanne Carl: Our pastor spoke about the evils of socialism (envy), and unbridled capitalism (greed). He quoted Pope Leo XIII. Pretty cool for a NO Mass.
- acardnal: God bless Archbishop Cordileone .
- straphaelguy: Our associate preached on “Bri nging an Era to and end” . The points I remember best are that we need to look at ourselves in these days and get rid of all that is disor...
- Joe in Canada: Hmm. Blessed Rupert Mayer? It’s never too late, Father. [Not Rupert Mayer, either!]
- RLseven: No pope is perfect. They are humans trying to do their best with what they’ ;ve been called and chosen to be/do. I think that when people focus entirely on the Pope’ ;s flaws,...
- jameeka: The painting looks like Father Emil Kapaun, who is now Servant of God, on the way to canonizati on. He died as a POW, at age 35.
- guatadopt: If asked “are you a Jesuit? 221;, my response would have been “Hea vens no, lady! I’m a Catholic priest. 221;
- carndt: I can not be scandalize d by Bergolio because he IS NOT the Pope. “ I am simply acknowledg ing objective truth, which I have the capacity to do as a rational intellect. ”-AB I continue to...
- FrankWalshingham: The chaplain is Father John B. DeValles who for his heroic service in WWI would become known as the “Angel of the Trenches.” [Good try! But, no. HERE is a link to a larger photo.]
- Markus: Interestin g that the Tintinnabu lum shows a quite a bit of dark wood.
- grateful: “I was just asked if I was a Jesuit. If she only knew.̶ 1; Another proof that God has a sense of humor :)
- Anneliese: Here is a link to the Mass. It was posted on YouTube. Also, my friend is the photo with the Dominicans . He said you sat opposite him during Mass. https://ww w.youtube. com/wat...
- CanukFrank: Terrifical ly eclectic today, Fr.Z, and WOW the Berruguete sure packs a punch!
- TRW: Here’ ;s my pedantic rant: The trouble with trying to address modernity using it’s own terms is that there is not an appropriat e vocabulary one can use to speak about the Transce...
- Hildegard: Gifted my husband with a few bottles last Christmas. Superior beer.
- RLseven: Of course, language expresses content. That’ ;s why the Mass was re-written recently 8211;why we say, “con substantia l,” for instance. The irony of this topic is that...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO – Pontifical Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- My View For Awhile: Domum
- They pretend it’s about language, but in reality it’s about content.
- MY VIEW FOR AWHILE: DC Mass Edition
- Some reading for the road
- The demonic Pachamama idol mess isn’t going to go away
- When life gives you lemons, you can help seminarians
- Some interesting reading for this morning
- @FatherTF good explanation of “Perfect Contrition”
- BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia! Think: Thanksgiving and gifts
- Veterans Day & Remembrance Day
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM: Feedback Project
- Rome: Mass at St. John Lateran for Dedication – wierd
- Happy 244th Birthday USMC!
- @DouthatNYT interviews Card. Burke
- WDTPRS: Dedication of St. John Lateran
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: ZedNet revived
- Wherein Fr. Z maps weird things, connects dots, rants a lot, and offers an ACTION ITEM!
- UPDATED: United Nations published environment, population control children’s book called “Pachamama”
- ASK FATHER: I’ve lost all desire and motivation to pray, fast, etc. It all seems so pointless.
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Your mission as a Christian
- Earthquake near Rome
- ASK FATHER: Gaining indulgences and “the Pope’s intentions”. Prayer for the Pope, or for what the Pope designates?
- ASK FATHER: Should I accept an invitation to be installed as an acolyte?
- LATIN MASS MADNESS!!!!
- Archbp. Viganò speaks: “We are in the grip of a religious chaos of gigantic proportion….” – a “satanic plan”
- ASK FATHER: For Communion can I chose to go only to the priest and not the lay ministers?
- Wherein Austen Ivereigh channels his inner Hillary
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: hell
I often read from visitors here that they rarely, if ever, hear anything about the Four Last Things from their pulpits. I mention the reality of our possible eternal destiny with some frequency here and from the pulpit. It is … Continue reading
I’ve been working my way through the very long Apostolic Exhortation Gaudete et exsultate (GEE). It’s a whopping 20K words. There is a very good section near the end. From GEE 159 and following, the Pope speaks in clear terms about the Devil, “the … Continue reading
Today is Holy Thursday, which I had hoped might be a little quiet, giving me some time in silence. It was not to be. His Holiness Pope Francis inexplicably met once again with Eugenio Scalfari, the 90+ year old atheist … Continue reading
OLDIE POST Hell and the Enemy exist. Priests and bishops who don’t teach about them will probably wind up there.
Originally posted in 2012. I think it still pertains. ___ Before anything else, let it be said that, “God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the … Continue reading
Today is the 100th anniversary of Our Lady’s appearance at Fatima to the three seers on 13 July. What happened? The father of Jacinta and Francisco said that when the 13 July apparition began, a small grayish cloud hovered over the … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
UPDATE: Feedback from a reader… In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over … Continue reading
I was alerted to this tweet by His Eminence Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Caveat: One has to wonder if this is truly His Eminence’s account or if it is someone else’s. A screenshot of the tweet. … Continue reading
It has been sometime since I posted anything from Savage Chickens. (I wonder where the Masked Chicken” got himself off to, anyway. You don’t suppose The Colonel finally caught up to him, do you?) New Hell! How jolly. While we, … Continue reading
Here is an interesting video from Michael Voris. I suggest listening to the end. This concerns whether many or few or none go to Hell. I, and others, addressed this not long ago and a kerfuffle arose. HERE I wrote: … Continue reading
I’ve always liked Antonin Scalia. I like how his mind works. I even read (most of) his not terribly easy book. From CNS: (CNSNews.com) – Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said he believes in the Devil as a living entity, “a … Continue reading
Hell and the Enemy exist. Priests and bishops who don’t teach about them will probably wind up there.
Before anything else, let it be said that, “God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure … Continue reading
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things! … Continue reading
From CNN: ‘Massive’ credit card data breach involves all major brands From FNC: MasterCard warns of possible security breach, Visa also reportedly affected Fr. Z’s Litany for the Conversion of Internet Thugs (2.0)