Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- MarkV: Great post! Along the idea that ‘con spiracies& #8217; seem to be an ‘alt -rightR 17; thing, it seem worth nothing global warming, Russian collusion, gender theory, ozone...
- Gregg the Obscure: What a glorious feast of the Assumption today! here in my home place, Archbishop Aquila has called for a rosary crusade beginning today. on twitter it appears that someone in...
- KateD: I think Father Longnecker was pointing out the similarity of the phrases. If one is wrong, shouldn’t they both be? Its a fair point.
- KateD: First time I heard of it was at a cookie exchange several years ago. And I have caught snippets of conversati on at parties, usually exhausted from traveling and after a beverage or two...
- Marissa: “A review of 56 published studies reported that the mere sight of weapons increases aggression in both angry and nonangry individual s.” One has to wonder where are all the murders and...
- Marissa: POC is not a nice acronym to be associated with any group of people.
- acardnal: I am enjoying not only the sonnets but also the different settings in which you are reciting them.
- acardnal: I said “dis solves to black̶ 1; above but it should read fade.
- Grabski: I have to believe that you understand sarcasm Which makes me believe your “concern” is just your passive aggressive way of shutting us up
- Ipse Dixit: There is no doubt some powerful people are involved in some heinous activity. Think Windswept House. This is not just a secular political problem. And it is also true that they are...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: You wrote: Some of it a little crazy, but for the most part they are good people, with good intentions , from what I’ve seen and read online on their threads. They’re pro-Tru...
- grateful: Your “lit tle poetic jewel̶ 1; is delightful , and here it is in French from the website: Cher frère blanc Quand je suis né, j’étais noir, Quand j’ai grandi, j’étais noir, Quand...
- Padre Pio Devotee: QAnon has been going on since the beginning of Trump’s presidency , and even slightly before his election. They’re most active on Twitter. Some of their tenants: A) They are...
- granitroc: NoahNehm does an excellent job of describing an incredibly complex op probably run by military intelligen ce in league with the President (aka Q+). There are a number of apps that...
- DoghouseRiley: Best intro (sez me) is “Rev olution Q” by Neon Revolt. $8.99 Kindle ($19.90 paperback) at Amazon.com
- Julia_Augusta: Here’s a short introducti on to the 4 functions of Q: https://ww w.martinge ddes.com/t he-4-funct ions-of-q/ I am more interested in why people from all walks of life, believe in...
- Fr. Reader: Sometime ago a priest talked to me about politician s and companies involved in very nasty things. I thought it was a bit exaggerate d, even if we know these things happen. Later I read...
- Ipse Dixit: NoahNehm gives a detailed summary above that best describes the convoluted workings of what I consider a cult of hopeful wishers. It plays on everyone’s desire to be “in the know” with...
- JustaSinner: Won one FOR FREE!!! Don’ t use it…i t listens in at all times when plugged in, not just when ‘tur ned on’. I like my appliances more like a dumb toaster than a...
- norancor: I will only add to NoahNehm’s overview that part of the corruption that is being exposed by Q is the network of sodomitica l and pedophile prelates involved in human traffickin g and...
- Grumpy Beggar: Y’kn ow, when a white person has close black friends, they don’ t get into this type of literary detritus that Fr. Martin seems to enjoy parroting. It just isn’ t...
- iamlucky13: Responding to Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): “Wel l, since Patrick Stewart 230;” ; Wait a second. Does this have something to do with the Q-continuu m?
- iamlucky13: @ jhayes – Thank you for linking Father Longnecker ’s latest article on his site. It was an interestin g read in its own right, and even more so as a followup to the respo...
- xavier: Father At what point will Fr Martin be canonicall y sanctioned ? At the very least he’s bring the priesthood , the Jesuits and the church into disrepute. To be honest I̵...
- Clinton R.: I had heard of QAnon, but didn’ ;t know what they were about until the “mai nstream 221; media branded them as “far -rightR 21;. That always gets my attenti...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Books which you must have.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. IT IS ON FOR THIS YEAR!
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Assumption: The 4th Glorious Mystery
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 8.
- REVIEW: Ancient Roman version of Amazon’s “Alexa”
- Wherein Fr. Z asks: What with the “QAnon conspiracy theory”?
- @JamesMartinSJ vicious internet lynching of @dlongenecker1
- 14 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Vigil of the Assumption (St. Maximillian Kolbe)
- #CQ – 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for the Fishwrap! #SP3RN
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 7.
- 13 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Bl. Virgin Mary, Refuge of Sinners
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 6.
- @MadisonDiocese – 27 August 2020 – Bp. Hying will administer Sacrament of Confirmation in the TRADITIONAL Rite
- 12 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Clare
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 5
- 11 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Emygdius
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 4
- The Tears of St. Lawrence are intensifying
- PODCAzT 184: St. Augustine preaches to the mob who lynched a cop who killed a guy
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: a spiffy book and thinking ahead
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 03
- 10 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Lawrence
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 10th after Pentecost (NO: 19th Ordinary) 2020
- #ASonnetADay – SONNET 02
- 9 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): 10th Sunday after Pentecost
- Wherein Fr. Z is challenged to record a Shakespeare #ASonnetADay
- 8 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional NUPTIAL Mass – 1330h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): Wedding
- Wherein Fr. Hunwicke made me laugh.
- 7 August – LIVE VIDEO Traditional Latin Mass – 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5): St. Cajetan
- Nun TikTok
- LCWR and CMSWR: compare and contrast
- More love from @AustenI
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Jamie Manson
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading
The Fishwrap is a disgrace. The National Schismatic Reporter today proudly displays: Yes, Fishwrap pays people to write that. Notice also their “same-sex marriage” post. Coming from liberal RNS, it is not objective, which suits Fishwrap’s agenda just fine. Jamie Manson, openly lesbian, disciple of Margaret … Continue reading
And now for something completely different… Something not so fresh, as usual, from the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter). The combox (in theory having a new policy) under that piece is not revealing wholehearted enthusiasm about the event. I wonder how much … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) Jamie Manson (openly lesbian activist, promoter of women’s ordination, mentored by Sr. Margaret Farley, and darling of the LCWR), laments the Church’s teaching about homosexuality. This piece is part of Fishwrap‘s incessant effort to undermine … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap, Jamie Manson deserves our praise. Are are shocked? Our Jamie seems to be the only one over there who isn’t in denial about Pope Francis! See her piece (I am not making this up): Time to face … Continue reading
This is great! One of the perks of being on the road and having a semi-vacation from reading the interwebs and posting a lot is that I haven’t seen the National Schismatic Reporter very often. Today, however, something from Fishwrappy … Continue reading
I have written before that the ordination of women is the flagship issue for liberals. So long as Pope Francis won’t change Church “policy”, he will remain in their dog house. Some conservatives frown when the Pope gets out over … Continue reading
I promise that I am not making this up. I couldn’t if I tried. This is a perfect example of self-parody, direct from the pages of the National Schismatic Reporter (aka The Fishwrap). This is from one of the darlings … Continue reading
It isn’t often that I can give “Fr Z Kudos” to the Fishwrap’s Jamie Manson (openly lesbian activist, mentored by Sr. Margaret Farley, and darling of the LCWR). In the wake of Pope Francis’ comments on the airplane about homosexuals … Continue reading
Here is something that I never thought I would write. Fr. Z kudos to Jamie Manson of the National Schismatic Reporter. One of Fishwrap‘s headliners, a darling of LCWR, the openly-lesbian, Margaret Farley-mentored Jamie Manson has sobered up about Pope … Continue reading
We are still a bare few days into the pontificate of Pope Francis. I have therefore declined to gush out lots of entries here, burbling my every half-formed notion about what is going to happen. I have also avoided surfing … Continue reading
Jamie Manson, whose mentor … mentrix?… when obtaining the coveted MDiv at Yale was RSM Sr. Margaret Falrey, the highly-noted author about “self pleasuring”, is aflutter in the Fishwrap that tens of people showed up in NEW YORK CITY for … Continue reading
NCFishwrap has a new weekly columnist. No, it is not I. I haven’t been invited. Would I accep…. no.. no… don’t go there. We have seen her before here, when she wrote a deeply conflicted piece begging for the affirmation … Continue reading