Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- benedetta said To be honest he seems a newly appointed Bishop eag...
- benedetta said Actually, I have not heard of anyone being exclude...
- q7swallows said Happy feast of St. Augustine, Father! I remember...
- StJude said ‘discrimination’….. seriously?...
- uptoncp said Here’s a comparison sorted in scripture orde...
- djc said Reply to Augustine Thompson O.P., This is one of t...
- DavidJ said Unjustified discrimination? If one is told not to...
- HyacinthClare said Pre-ordered. We’re starting a reading and...
- Imrahil said Dear kpoterack, while I don’t think either t...
- BillyT92679 said As is Sacred Heart. Those are my two big Fridays...
- FrAnt said I see no change in my parish (I am the pastor). I...
- kpoterack said “Berlin is open, which makes me wonder about...
- Athelstan said Hello Sunnyside, There is also evidence that vocat...
- Mary Jane said But Chon… If bagels are provided alongside d...
- Athelstan said From the pew poll: [L]arge majorities of Catholics...
- JesusFreak84 said Some months ago, Cardinal George had told the news...
- LeeF said If Francis is moderately indifferent to liturgy as...
- acardnal said I suspect Philadelphia Archbishop Chaput will be e...
- Imrahil said The Archbishop of Berlin is elected by the Chapter...
- sunnyside said There is also evidence that vocations to the jesui...
- Gregg the Obscure said In our Denver OF parish, attendance dropped sharpl...
- Gaz said Do I pray for the Pope in my daily prayers? When I...
- Nicolas Bellord said “as high as 83% favorable, the view many peo...
- Brooklyn said “Obama is figure of deep and increasing divi...
- Imrahil said Actually, by the way, I can’t help to have a...
- kurtmasur said I especially agree about different priests having...
- Genna said Congregations at my parish still divided into fami...
- Chon said Mass attendance seems about the same here. I haven...
- jacobi said What Francis has done is to make ordinary orthodox...
- Bea said There are 2 parishes in our town. Ours (the more t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 12 September 2007
Everyone: I slowed down for a few days, as I am sure some of you noticed. I had important house guests, including my mother, here at the Sabine Farm. I had some problems sleeping. There has been a lot to … Continue reading
The Bishop of Arlington, Most Reverend Paul S. Loverde, has made a statement on the Motu Proprio in the The Catholic Herald.
My emphases and comments.
On the 1962 Latin Mass
By Bishop Paul S. LoverdeHerald Columnist(From the issue of 9/13/07)
The … Continue reading
English missal expected in 2009
The Vatican’s Vox Clara Committee has announced that the new English translation of the Roman missal is expected to be ready by the end of 2009.
This follows a meeting in … Continue reading
I picked up the following from Forest Murmers.
Training Day for Priests with Dr Alcuin Reid
I am pleased to able to able to forward this information:
The local Latin Mass Society is organising a study day on the Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontificum, … Continue reading
When the Pope was in Austria, there was a Mass in the Cathedral of Vienna. The music was the Mariazeller Mass of Haydn. This has impressed the gentlemanly Sandro Magister. At the very end there is a comment that H.E. … Continue reading
The president of the bishops’ conference of the Philippines issued a statement about the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum.
My emphases and comments.
STATEMENT ON THE "TRIDENTINE" MASS
We fully welcome with respect and appreciation the recent Apostolic Letter of Pope Benedict XVI on … Continue reading
I received this nice e-mail from a reade about a Mass celebrated in the Philippines.
I have the great joy of informing you that His Excellency, Archbishop Angel Lagdameo D.D., Archbishop of Jaro and currently President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference … Continue reading
Vatican City – An official statement from the Vatican was released on Tuesday announcing the Holy See’s preliminary plans to hold a third Vatican council in the year 2962. Due to take place exactly 1000 years after the second … Continue reading
The National Catholic Register published a very good piece by a blogger’s friend Mark Shea.
Catholic Church Says Same Thing as Ever: Millions Shocked
BY Mark Shea
September 16-22, 2007 Issue | Posted 9/11/07 at 1:44 PM
Oh my stars and garters! … Continue reading