You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Supertradmum said The CCC is useful here. See the section on merit a...
- acardnal said Seems to me that the Pope was talking about redemp...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. It’s not about Greek Catholics, aka Byzan...
- Br. Gabriel, OP said Yes. Please don’t confuse all Dominican with...
- Jeannie_C said Perhaps Patricius was not referring to the Orthodo...
- Magash said I surely agree that the Church would benefit great...
- sirlouis said From the incomplete reports I have read, timothypu...
- jonh303 said This really is unfortunate how the media is report...
- Fr AJ said Patricius, you may be surprised to learn that the...
- akp1 said I have read that you must ask permission to receiv...
- Cantor said Given that it is permitted by Rome for you to rece...
- robtbrown said Two points: 1. IMHO, no one can be saved withou...
- Choirmaster said Wow! I was mistaken. I thought that the Greek Cath...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get Religion has a good story on young French Cath...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, Thank you for adding a ‘fervorino...
- onosurf said Communion from Greek Orthodox schismatics, ok. Com...
- AJS said Patricius, As an Eastern Catholic I find that incr...
- ronconte said Can atheists, who know about the Catholic Christia...
- timothyputnam said Fr. Z, I agree that I would prefer to either have...
- PatriciusOenus said What about the prohibition on praying with heretic...
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
- maryh said @Father Martin Fox I like your analogy very much,...
- pmullane said Mamajen!! A million congratulations!!! God bless y...
- joecct77 said Reminds me of the beginning of “It’s A...
- joecct77 said Right now, I have no idea. After I am dead, and a...
- Katylamb said Yeah, that sentence about the popes beliefs and tr...
- Katylamb said onosurf: your good atheist friend seems a tad inco...
- Raylan Alleman said Sho-nuff! I was praying that in the Office this m...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 15 September 2007
An official letter, or instruction, I am not sure what to call it, has been issued by the Office of Divine Worship of the Diocese of Peoria, headed I am guessing by Fr. Stanely Deptula, whose name appears at the … Continue reading
You might recall that the Bishop of Raleigh, NC, His Excellency Most Reverend Michael F. Burbidge had issued one of the best statements about Summorum Pontificum I have seen by any bishop anywhere.
Bishop Burbidge steps up to the plate as … Continue reading
I was the homilist for the thanksgiving celebration at Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Blackfen, where the great Fr. Finigan is parish priest. There was a very nice solemn Mass for 14 September when the provision of Summorum … Continue reading
Folks, remember that with 14 September not only the provisions of Summorum Pontificum are in force.
The Rules are now in force too.
Fr. Z’s 5 Rules of Engagement now that the Motu Proprio is in force:
1) Rejoice because our liturgical life … Continue reading
The French paper Le Croix has an article speculating that the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei" will undergo a change of status.
What are the main points of the article? Keep in mind that this is the article, and not my predictions, … Continue reading
My flight from the USA to the UK went without a hitch, until I put my feet on terra firma at Gatwick. The line for passport control took 1.5 hours, which was both unusual and pretty annoying.
I am presently with … Continue reading
You know about the horrid vestments the Holy Father wore at Mariazell in Austria.
I have a bit of news.
Apparently, the Austrians wanted the Holy Father to wear Baroque vestments.
They were overidden by His Excellency the current Master of Pontifical Ceremonies, … Continue reading