Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Chon said Per Signum Crucis: I was also wondering about the...
- jflare said “Nevertheless, I find boasting about turning...
- Bea said Thank you Father. Heard it loud and clear. I hope...
- jaykay said It won’t change in the UK and Ireland, as Pe...
- afanco said Just wanted to note that +Povish was not an Archbi...
- Mike said Temptation operates in the mind, which, like a spo...
- acardnal said Facta, Patience. Fr. Z is in travel mode.
- Michael said “Right. Good will, meaning the will to obey...
- Sulo said NOTE: I wrote “the things said lend themselv...
- Sulo said Dear Netmilsmom: The point I tried to make–i...
- Facta Non Verba said I’ve been listening every day, too. I’...
- Gerard Plourde said Prayers and best wishes for a safe trip.
- HobokenZephyr said Are you on Delta? In the South, if somebody tells...
- Convert Journal – Elsewhere: church gun raffle said [...] Zuhlsdorf also offers his views on the subje...
- Netmilsmom said To those of us who hang on Father Zs every word, w...
- Sulo said … Journal: And that’s what seems to have bee...
- jflare said “Seems like most who have commented here are...
- Per Signum Crucis said Just to add that I have now watched the video: as...
- LucaMaria Melchisedech said Chiming in. I’ve listened every day so far....
- Gratias said Thank you Father for the Holy thoughts. We need yo...
- Kindspirit said “Built of Living Stones” is the statem...
- Giuseppe said How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet th...
- Widukind said LENTEN LUNCH Lenten lunch, and penitential fare,...
- Andrew Saucci said If muskrat actually does have the “taste of...
- Liz said Polycarpio, thank you for the link to the story ab...
- Andrew Saucci said Too bad we can’t clone Bishop Morlino. We ne...
- Legisperitus said The unfortunate thing about the Quote that WonR...
- Suburbanbanshee said The original intent was probably to provide a dece...
- IntroiboAdAltareDei said Pax in Maria. @Hank Igitur, I was curious to kno...
- excalibur said It is amazing to see how much fasting has been rem...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Deacon Sandy rides again!
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday 1st Week of Lent
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 24 April 2008
You should check out Kansas City Catholic from time to time. Here is their latest church sign exchange:
There is an interesting development in the matter of Summorum Pontificum and the use of the vernacular in celebrations of the TLM.
The Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei reponded to a questions proposed concerning Art. 6.
The questions were: "Can readings be given … Continue reading
I want to alert the readers to a new site focused on Dominican liturgy:
Aptly, this site is called … Domincan Liturgy.
It is run by a WDTPRS friend, Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P.
I got a question from a reader:
This summer I’ve been assigned to a small rural parish in the diocese … and my pastor and I have been talking about doing a Corpus Christi procession. He’s excited by the idea, and … Continue reading
This news is from e-mail:
The Latin Mass Society of Ireland is organising a short course for priests wishing to learn how to celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite; it’s intended particularly for priests in the northern half of … Continue reading
I got a question via e-mail:
What exactly is required for the fulfillment of a Holy Day? I ask this because those who attend both the Ordinary and Extraordinary forms of Mass can get into ackward situations with the celebration … Continue reading