You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 5 September 2008
One the most damaging "reforms" implemented after the Council, founded on the excuse of poor scholarship, false archeologizing, and the "spirit of the Council", is the so-called turned around altar for Mass "facing the people", versus populum.
This certainly was the … Continue reading
A question came by e-mail:
Dear Fr Z, I am hoping you can help me with a question about vestments. Is it permissible for priests praying the Extraordinary Form of the Mass to wear "novus ordo" vestments, i.e., Gothic style WITHOUT ORPHREYS? … Continue reading
In The Catholic Sentinel His Excellency Most Reverend Robert Vasa, Bishop of Baker, Oregon, has interesting comments in the wake of the erroneous remarks of Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Meet The Press about the beginning of human life and the … Continue reading
Here is an interesting opinion piece from The Times.
This is a fascinating bit of writing with provocative insights. Not the usual blather I have been scanning.
My emphases and comments.
September 5, 2008
Sarah Palin: it’s go west, towards the future … Continue reading
I know Alaska is very much in the public eye right now, but here is a different angle.
I received a notice by e-mail about photos from Summorum Pontificum Alaska:
With special thanks to Archbishop Roger L. Schwietz, OMI, the Dominican Friars … Continue reading
UPDATE 15:49 GMT 5 Sept:
American Papist has a fascinating observation:
AmP reader Desiderius asks:
"Note the Abp’s message was printed simultaneously in The Tidings (Los Angeles), obviously [well, reasonably - AmP] a coordinated effort. Might one conclude this suffices as Cardinal … Continue reading