Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D. Boyle: Okay… so, I fill out the PDF...
- bposullivan said KateD, The only thing is that the Cardinal Patronu...
- Amateur Scholastic said @YoungLatinMassGuy: “I’m left wondering if p...
- VexillaRegis said I think it’s possible that Card. Kasper has...
- VexillaRegis said Speaking of Card. Pell, there are news from my an...
- Greenbean950 said sons of Zebedee – they wanted temporal powe...
- Papabile said SimonDodd asks what Cardinals he consulted with....
- Tony Phillips said Response to ‘HUH’: That’s right,...
- jlong said In the interview, as given on Rorate Caeli, he sta...
- Andrew said The text of the said Decretum can be found here: h...
- Gratias said I fear this Extraordinary Synod will turn into a v...
- Andrew said But it appears that the 1962 Missal was never tech...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Contact the ham who sent it to you, and compose on...
- Christopher Hunt said Yes, I have a missal from the 1965 Mass. I got it...
- Imrahil said Dear LeeF, the Rhine bishops are Germans. Or, well...
- Vecchio di Londra said Suppose the Synod were to uphold the Church’...
- TWF said Robbie: Synods have always been essential to the g...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said GO TO CONFESSION! Scheduled a Confession for tomor...
- LeeF said The most important point that Card. Pell points ou...
- Clinton R. said I pray otherwise, but one does feel a major schism...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said “tolerated by not accepted” That’s a very in...
- excalibur said Sad, but there is much too much of this under Fran...
- CradleRevert said Wow. Just wow. The image that immediately pops int...
- Cosmos said If we are going to look at history, isn’t th...
- SimonDodd said Kasper is irked that none of his brother cardinals...
- pannw said Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth:...
- Eriugena said The Ordo prepared by a young mathematician called...
- Allan S. said I cannot but think of how often we, as students of...
- Robbie said A church ruled by committee, or in this case a syn...
- KateD said According to Wikipedia the Sovereign Military Orde...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 8 September 2008
I just heard a rumor that biker Lance Armstrong may return to cycling and tackle the Giro d’Italia and Tour de France next year.
Over at our friends from Rorate there is a prayer request for one of their "main contributors".
CATHOLIC BLOGGER TEAM! SOLIDARITY!
Hugh Hewitt today read Archbp. Chaput’s entire response to Sen. Joe Biden.
He concluded that if you are a devout Catholic, you cannot vote for Sen. Biden, because you would be cooperating in evil.
No mincing words from him. He just laid … Continue reading
Listening to Senator Biden today on Meet The Press made me think of a verse from Proverbs:
As a dog that returneth to his vomit, so is the fool that repeateth his folly. (Prov 26:11)
Given the scandal Speaker Pelosi and Senator … Continue reading
First, Sen. Barak Obama (D-IL), the Dems’ candidate for POTUS answered a question at the now well-known "Saddleback Forum" about the beginning of human life. Actually, he dodged the question with what was considered a very deficient, even "flip" answer.
Subsequently, … Continue reading
Denver’s Archbishop, Most Reverend Charles Chaput, and Most Rev. James D. Conley, Auxiliary Bishop of Denver, have weighed in on the comments of VP candidate Sen. Joseph Biden (D-DE) on Meet The Press. Archbp. Chaput also drilled into the issues … Continue reading
If any of you will be at the installation of the new bishop of Wilmington, Delaware, Most Rev. W. Francis Malooly, please get in touch!
I would be interested in details of who attended, if you know what I mean, and … Continue reading
I am sure there will be many anniversary Masses in thanksgiving for the 1st year of Summorum Pontificum being in force.
Here is one notice:
The Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite will be offered this Sunday (9/14/08) at St. Timothy’s Church … Continue reading
After dealing with a couple hundred e-mails and several phone calls, I am only now getting around to paying attention to the new about His Excellency Most Reverend Robert Morlino, Bishop of Madison. You might remember my entries about how … Continue reading
This came by e-mail:
Dear Father, As always, thanks for all your work on your blog. I had a question regarding the handwashing of the priest before Mass in the Extraordinary Form (and optionally in the Ordinary Form). Does the priest use soap and … Continue reading