Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- majuscule said I realize I did not have to visit the Fishwrap web...
- rodin said Did Archbishop Cordileone tell her she would not b...
- DavidMiller said I stayed home and prayed the ancient service of Te...
- BLB Oregon said “She’s been long gone anyway and openly so....
- JesusFreak84 said I attend a Ukrainian-Catholic parish, so this does...
- Lin said Unfortunately due to lack of catechism, many Catho...
- acardnal said “Faithful America”? I’m sure gl...
- acardnal said It’s good to see her on her knees for a chan
- fishonthehill said UGH! After reading all these posts I cringe at the...
- frjim4321 said Might want to check your definitions: there’s noth...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, “It would not be right to wish t...
- lisag said Father, do you read all of the comments? At Our La...
- Blaise said We had twelve men. But bizzarely one of them was w...
- everett said Perhaps this is a portent of things to come, of fi...
- Suburbanbanshee said We have a priesthood of all believers, the exact s...
- BLB Oregon said The headline sum it up very well: “Nancy Pel...
- everett said At our small parish in the Diocese of Santa Rosa,...
- James Mary Evans said For the first time in 11 years of our family atten...
- sthelensrcbarry said In my parish, 10 men and 2 women had their feet wa...
- bernadette said Here in the archdiocese of Los Angeles, at Ss. Pet...
- excalibur said Well…… pope Pelosi at work. I had post...
- YorkshireStudent said Three days in Middlesbrough Cathedral, N Yorks. Ho...
- Father Ignotus said I tried to encode the link in the words “on...
- Charles E Flynn said The is the most profound and scholarly analysis I...
- Father Ignotus said I concelebrated at St James, Spanish Place in Lond...
- AnAmericanMother said Well, I thought this was the Episcopal church with...
- Charles E Flynn said Short Meditations on the Stations of the Cross, by...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thank you Father.
- Not Quite True (Baseball Post) | Malcolm the Cynic said [...] Fr. Z, on his blog, posted this cool story a...
- avatquevale said Meanwhile, in San Francisco… Pelosi plays po...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 9 September 2008
I was alerted to this by a reader.
On ZENIT Fr. Edward McNamara often gives useful answers to liturgical questions. Here is tackles the older, Extraordinary Use of the Roman Rite.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
Complications of … Continue reading
This just in:
There will be a Sung Tridentine / Extraordinary Form / 1962 Missal Mass at St Ethelbert’s in Ramsgate, Kent, this coming Saturday, September 13 at 2.00pm. Everybody is welcome to attend. Whilst we have had low Mass every … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hello Fr. Z.,This Sunday, September 14, a Missa Cantata will be offered at St. Joseph Church, Woonsocket Rhode Island, at 3 p.m. in the afternoon. Propers from the Graduale Romanum and the Missa de Angelis will be chanted … Continue reading
This is in from SpaceWeather!
FIREBALL OUTBURST: This morning, Sept. 9th, a surprising flurry of fireballs lit up the sky over eastern parts of the United States. All-sky cameras at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, recorded 25+ meteors, … Continue reading
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus, whom I hope to see in a few days in Rome, has a truly interesting report of the goings on in the Vatican Basilica:
Revolution Guido: il divertimento a Roma…For the Mons. Guido Marini … Continue reading
From the mail:
Sunday, September 14th, at 2:00PM, there will be a Missa Cantata at Mission San Juan Bautista, CA for the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross, and in Thanksgiving for the one year anniversary of the issuance of … Continue reading
Last night I was chatting by phone with a well-informed priest, brilliant and with a vast knowledge of history ancient and contemporary, about various developments political, social and ecclesial.
He told me alarming thing which I hadn’t heard before.
He mentioned that … Continue reading
ALL: In a few days I will be in England, in the London area and then, perhaps, in the south.
I hope to see many good friends there. Also, I will attend the launch of Usus Antiquior on 14 … Continue reading
This came via e-mail:
The newly designated minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Waterbury CT will have a Requiem Mass in the Extraordinary Form for the victims of 9/11 on Thurs 9/11/08 at 7pm. Fr. John Bevins also says a … Continue reading
I got word about this event, for the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum. Alas, there is not indication of WHERE or WHEN.
Folks, when you send news… please provide details if you want to staple your notes to my telephone pole?
Sung … Continue reading