Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dan: My wife has homeschool ed our children for the past 15 years. When she started it was difficult but over the past few years has become the “in& #8221; thing to do and resources are more...
- amenamen: An official of the very secular IMF tosses around a term for a seldom used canonical punishment , with which most Catholics are unfamiliar . We may presume that he himself does not really...
- pseudomodo: I happened to notice the little ‘Fre udian̶ 1; accent slip at the beginning of Fr. Murrays article!! “Eve r since the publicatio n of Amoris Laetitia, doubts have been...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Oh, so liberals DO like canonical penalties.
- Tara Tremuit: ” This is religion pure and undefiled . . . to look after orphans and widows in their tribulatio n — and to keep himself unspotted from the world.R 21; The great tragic...
- Aquinas Gal: The book “In the Beginning& #8221; by Dr Eduardo Echeverria (a defense of Church teaching on homosexual ity) has an excellent chapter about treating personal experience as divine...
- Aquinas Gal: From the same people who continuall y criticized and dissented from the teaching of Popes John Paul II and Benedict.
- HighMass: Yes Tony, lets get rid of those who speak the truth. As seen in the last few years those who speak up are sacked or demoted, etc Our Lady said in the end her immaculate Heart will trium...
- New Sister: @AA Cunningham , what is “Dom us Dei” (encyclica l?); could you provide a link to it? (even if only in Latin) I was unable to find it via search on vatican.va . Thank you,
- Mike: As I understand it, the Basilica falls under the aegis of USCCB. It would seem that a quiet word from Cardinal DiNardo to Msgr. Rossi could restore the rights of EF celebrants with little...
- Fallibilissimo: I can’ t believe what I’m reading here. Someone please tell me this is a mistake. Is it April 1st? Interdict EWTN? Get rid of Raymond Arroyo? Oh but let me guess, these...
- Dan: @gabrial I totally agree that confession s need to be offered more regularly in deaneries. I like your idea of rotations. The last time I was at an SSPX Mass last summer, there was a priests...
- L.: I thought the L.A. cathedral was called the “Taj Mahoney. 8221;
- Michael Haz: Well, as a last-ditch defense, Raymond Arroyo could change his name to a Chinese name, and then be full accomodate d in all matters.
- aquinasadmirer: Tempura has special meaning at our house, as my wife is Japanese. Each Feb 6 (St. Paul Miki) we have Japanese food, and always include tempura. It’s a very concrete way to...
- Eric: The whole interdict, retweeted, is hyperbole. Even the author, hopefully, but surely Spadaro, knows it is not in the cards. But, it is probably a shot across the bow intended to have a...
- hmschoolmom: I wouldnR 17;t say pretty much impossible . Look what just happened on Relevant Radio. They bought Immaculate Heart and then quickly “sil enced̶ 1; certain voices.
- wmeyer: And yet, no interdict called for on the Fishwrap. [And yet… not for the Fishwrap.]
- semperficatholic: “Pap al confidante Father Antonio Spadaro retweeted a call for EWTN to be severely censured “until they get rid of Raymond Arroyo.” 8221; And Judas left many offspring!
- cpt-tom: This does not surprise me at all. The Holy Father has proven to be very authoritar ian, behold his treatment of Traditiona l religious orders like the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate ,...
- Knight from 13904: I totally agree with your comment about the beauty of our older more traditiona l churches. There is an excellent book on this topic called “Ugl y As Sin” . As far as...
- teomatteo: “Whe n it is time to raise money, do the fundraiser s publish literature with whitewashe d walls, bizarre interiors, and spaces that remind you of a parking ramp? SURE they do!...
- Gabriel Syme: Nothing says “Catholic” like a beige wall with a clump of weeds in a vase and cliches like PEACE on a rainbow made by 5th graders. Indeed! In my locality, a common favourite is a...
- cpdog: Hollywood does this not only for churches but for Catholic religious garb as well. Nuns in movies (shock) are dressed like nuns! Why? Because that’ ;s what people expect nuns to look...
- Benedict Joseph: Yesterday Rorate Caeli posted an article which clearly articulate d “wha t sells̶ 1; without saying much at all. It is something to ponder — and even to weep over....
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- Ash Wednesday, Fasting, Abstaining, and You – with notes on alligator, endothermic moonfish, and muskrat
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
READER DONATIONS FROM…
- - FEBRUARY - AKP (monthly), NF (monthly), JB (monthly), AS (monthly), PC (monthly), LL (monthly), MG (monthly), AR (monthly), A LLC (monthly), TS (monthly), MMcG (monthly), CRN (monthly), AK (monthly), LM (monthly), TB (Amazon Kindle Wish List), MJC (monthly), LC (monthly), JJ (monthly), TT (monthly), KZ, MR, MR, JW (monthly), BMcC! (monthly), TR (monthly), BB (monthly), MD (monthly), MMcH (monthly), MW (monthly), EDJr (monthly), PE (monthly), AD ($1/day), TS (monthly), RL (monthly), KT (monthly), TeachNarnia.com (monthly), AP (monthly), JC (monthly), CHEJr! (monthly), AM (monthly), RetroToyCo (monthly), SS (monthly), MD ($1/day), AP (monthly), RL (monthly), AR (monthly), CF (monthly), RK (monthly), TY (monthly), J-AF (monthly), MG (monthly), Fr MF (monthly), JH (monthly), SK (monthly), LS (monthly), AP (monthly), CO'C (monthly), ML ($1/day), NS (monthly), KC (monthly), SH (monthly), NA (monthly), JR (monthly), MK (monthly), MF (monthly), PS (monthly), ST (monthly), FF (monthly), FW (monthly), TB (monthly), JL!!, EL!!, DJ (monthly), JB (monthly), FV (monthly), JL (monthly), RMcE (monthly), DE (monthly), JO!!!!!, CB (monthly), PL (monthly), BS (monthly), MS ($1/day), TB (monthly), SB (monthly), BK (monthly), WH (monthly), PMcD (monthly), RW (monthly), St Augustine Academy Press ($1/day), JM (monthly), JC (monthly), CB (monthly), VR (monthly), BB (monthly), MW (monthly), BC (monthly), MK (monthly), FZ (monthly - NEW), TP (monthly), JE (monthly), DJ (monthly), WB (monthly), PO (monthly), GG!! (monthly), ML (monthly), CK (monthly), SZ (monthly), St. Emiliani's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves (monthly), KB (monthly), JP (monthly), JB (monthly), SH (monthly), BC (monthly), SC (monthly), LS (monthly), LM (monthly), SJ (monthly), SS (monthly), CS (monthly), CDeK (monthly), MM (monthly), JWM (monthly), DC ($1/day), TB (monthly), MS (monthly), DRFB (monthly), LJS (monthly), CK (monthly), MH (monthly), PMcG (monthly), RJ (monthly), LL (monthly), DC (monthly), MH, JS (monthly), CR (monthly), KE (monthly), MH )$1/day), CJ (monthly), GZ, KH (monthly), AN (monthly), SJS (monthly), DG (monthly), DG, RM, RW (monthly), JP (monthly), MR (monthly), SMcK-D (monthly), AW, CJG (monthly), GBJD (monthly), MG (monthly), JO (monthly)
To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with CONTINUE TO GIVE Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
They take a larger percent taste, but they are an alternative.
Send snail mail to:
Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603 Madison, WI 53744-4603
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank" "Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy" "the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'" - Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog.
- Tom in comment
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!