- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Edward C. said Wonderful, Father. Thank you!
- Priam1184 said What is that relic you have of St. Ambrose? I am...
- Henry Edwards said There’s an old quote regarding the Divine Of...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Narro saepe hanc Augustini historiam discipulis la...
- SKAY said Glennonite expressed my same feelings beautifully...
- Tom in NY said “The memorial of St. Ambrose, bishop of Mila...
- slainewe said @Imrahil You post, “I’ve privately sometimes...
- Janine said thank you Father!
- mamajen said I’m a lip mover, often whisperer (even when...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…but don’t intend missing AN...
- Netmilsmom said WILL you be at Grotto?
- Phil_NL said Michelle F, I do not think I misconstructed your w...
- Glennonite said I “chime in” because you ask; but know...
- Deirdre Mundy said My Western Civ professor loved this scene–...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Kat: That artwork should not be declared city prop...
- The Masked Chicken said “If you got your hands on a book, you had to...
- Peggy R said I get bothered by thinking of “capitalism...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Torpedo1, Of course, you may use the comment....
- kat said Welcome to Detroit, Father! I love the DIA, but do...
- Nicholas said Of all Pope Francis bashing, this is the most nons...
- Kerry said If the art is auctioned away, will any wealthy lib...
- Netmilsmom said People are forgetting “free will”. Gov...
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Unwilling said To get it out of the way: nothing Francis said can...
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
- markomalley said Please record a stat for each day this week (even...
- PopeWatch: Deliberate Mistranslation? | The American Catholic said [...] I have been following, and for the benefit o...
- The Pope and Capitalism said [...] Benedict XVI) Vita Consecrata (On the Consec...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 24 September 2008
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus shot a photo in the sacristy of Ss. Trinita dei Pelegrini of me with an old friend in Rome, Msgr. Ignacio Barreiro, who runs the Rome office of HLI.
This was last week … Continue reading
If any of you are near Seven Dials, I’ll spend a few minutes at The Crown. There is good Internet access here and Chinese food close at hand.
I have just emerged from the National Gallery! Glorious hours! What a place. I learned a great deal and saw many paintings well known to me over the years.
These visits have been wonderful reminders of the passage … Continue reading
The names of pubs often reveal England’s particularly Catholic roots. Today I met the splendid Anna Arco for lunch at the Lamb and Flag near Leicester Square. I was tempted to go to Chinatown again… but it was … Continue reading
Here is a fascinating story posted on ZENIT.
Everyone should read it closely.
The Secret Story of Padre Pio’s Stigmata
Volume Reveals Report of Vatican Investigator
By Mirko Testa
ROME, SEPT. 22, 2008 (Zenit.org).- A volume detailing the report of a Vatican investigator into Padre … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z, [Wednesday] is the beginning of the September Ember Days, and I am helping spread the word that this year, on the heels of the first anniversary of the motu proprio, we traditional Catholics should unite to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thank you for the wonderful blog, I check it several times a day. I have a question about the use of the Biretta in the Novus Ordo. When can it be worn at Mass? I wear it in … Continue reading
From a reader:
The Code of Canon Law (1169.3) restricts deacons to only giving blessings expressly permitted by law. The current Book of Blessings reserves very few blessing to priests only. My question: what blessings, if any, would a deacon be … Continue reading