Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Moral_Hazard said “[OORAH! A man after my own heart.]”...
- excalibur said …. mercantilist and quasi-feudal …. As...
- SKAY said I also thank you for the video Supertradmum. I wi...
- Phil_NL said Jerry, I do not contest the validity of Dr Peter...
- TWF said Phil_NL: The Church has the power to dissolve VALI...
- Jerry said re: jhayes – are you aware that if you have...
- Jerry said re: Phil_NL: “Implicitly, that seems to argu...
- Phil_NL said Dr Peters, I’m happy to be educated, but if...
- Magash said Alas the United States is becoming more of a moral...
- Karl and Zita said @Mr205, I’m the one that greeted you on you...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Phil_NL. You are misunderstanding some key points...
- jhayes said Interesting to read the questions in the applicat...
- Austin Catholics said Also, this is an interesting take on libertarianis...
- Phil_NL said With all due respect to Dr Peters, but I think he...
- Austin Catholics said There’s no question free markets are the mor...
- Sonshine135 said @Reconverted Idiot I believe my point wasn’t...
- La Mamma said Our Pastor always says ‘…I absolve you...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hibernation? Ha! I haven’t been hibernating,...
- AgricolaDeHammo said I bought it. Going to read it over with particular...
- KateD said Welcome, Father! California wasn’t always t...
- Reconverted Idiot said Sonshine, what are capitalistic rules? As far as...
- Reconverted Idiot said Priam, that is all very interesting stuff. Thank y...
- majuscule said Nice to have you here on the Left Coast Father. T...
- Priam1184 said @Chon There has been some martyrdom, but there has...
- Sonshine135 said I have said for a long time that healthcare in the...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Heck, I would be catatonic with joy to espy our gr...
- maryg said Supertradmum, thanks for posting the video. I watc...
- Ivan said You guys might like this. It’s a Latin-Engli...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said It’s quite true that the United States, in the se...
- SKAY said Kay-Your comment has given me something to think a...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin American needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 24 September 2008
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus shot a photo in the sacristy of Ss. Trinita dei Pelegrini of me with an old friend in Rome, Msgr. Ignacio Barreiro, who runs the Rome office of HLI.
This was last week … Continue reading
If any of you are near Seven Dials, I’ll spend a few minutes at The Crown. There is good Internet access here and Chinese food close at hand.
I have just emerged from the National Gallery! Glorious hours! What a place. I learned a great deal and saw many paintings well known to me over the years.
These visits have been wonderful reminders of the passage … Continue reading
The names of pubs often reveal England’s particularly Catholic roots. Today I met the splendid Anna Arco for lunch at the Lamb and Flag near Leicester Square. I was tempted to go to Chinatown again… but it was … Continue reading
Here is a fascinating story posted on ZENIT.
Everyone should read it closely.
The Secret Story of Padre Pio’s Stigmata
Volume Reveals Report of Vatican Investigator
By Mirko Testa
ROME, SEPT. 22, 2008 (Zenit.org).- A volume detailing the report of a Vatican investigator into Padre … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z, [Wednesday] is the beginning of the September Ember Days, and I am helping spread the word that this year, on the heels of the first anniversary of the motu proprio, we traditional Catholics should unite to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thank you for the wonderful blog, I check it several times a day. I have a question about the use of the Biretta in the Novus Ordo. When can it be worn at Mass? I wear it in … Continue reading
From a reader:
The Code of Canon Law (1169.3) restricts deacons to only giving blessings expressly permitted by law. The current Book of Blessings reserves very few blessing to priests only. My question: what blessings, if any, would a deacon be … Continue reading