You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said This probably won’t matter much to most peop...
- Suz. from Oklah. said Not only is Oklahoma a praying state, but it’...
- StJude said mamajen… oh my that is one cute baby!!! Cong...
- Andkaras said I have regretfully never had one of such” re...
- Athelstan said As an aside, Fr. Z’s inclusion of the new an...
- Charles E Flynn said My experience: A priest who, before the new transl...
- The Egyptian said I have been thinking along this line for a while,...
- Athelstan said “I suppose it’s just the mindset of those wh...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 24 September 2008
Our friend John Sonnen of Orbis Catholicus shot a photo in the sacristy of Ss. Trinita dei Pelegrini of me with an old friend in Rome, Msgr. Ignacio Barreiro, who runs the Rome office of HLI.
This was last week … Continue reading
If any of you are near Seven Dials, I’ll spend a few minutes at The Crown. There is good Internet access here and Chinese food close at hand.
I have just emerged from the National Gallery! Glorious hours! What a place. I learned a great deal and saw many paintings well known to me over the years.
These visits have been wonderful reminders of the passage … Continue reading
The names of pubs often reveal England’s particularly Catholic roots. Today I met the splendid Anna Arco for lunch at the Lamb and Flag near Leicester Square. I was tempted to go to Chinatown again… but it was … Continue reading
Here is a fascinating story posted on ZENIT.
Everyone should read it closely.
The Secret Story of Padre Pio’s Stigmata
Volume Reveals Report of Vatican Investigator
By Mirko Testa
ROME, SEPT. 22, 2008 (Zenit.org).- A volume detailing the report of a Vatican investigator into Padre … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Fr. Z, [Wednesday] is the beginning of the September Ember Days, and I am helping spread the word that this year, on the heels of the first anniversary of the motu proprio, we traditional Catholics should unite to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thank you for the wonderful blog, I check it several times a day. I have a question about the use of the Biretta in the Novus Ordo. When can it be worn at Mass? I wear it in … Continue reading
From a reader:
The Code of Canon Law (1169.3) restricts deacons to only giving blessings expressly permitted by law. The current Book of Blessings reserves very few blessing to priests only. My question: what blessings, if any, would a deacon be … Continue reading