Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Sonshine135 said At the southern border, God knows who is entering...
- wanda said But Father, but Father..you never know. These sco...
- SKAY said Meanwhile at the southern border teenage ms13 R...
- pelerin said Strange story! And curious that the Scouts were ca...
- SKAY said Cantor said- “Not to mention the obvious que...
- Sword40 said Sorry, I can’t relate to the “17th Sun...
- AVL said WHOA. That is some cross!!!
- Cantor said It’s hard to fathom how this “recruiti...
- darthkorbus said I went to Gonzaga University (a Jesuit university)...
- edwardswyco said I remember my first trip to Quebec City – it...
- Moro said I went to Boston College at the height of the Sexu...
- Bob B. said The 18th Street gang is recruiting too. It is con...
- colospgs said Army? Do you mean a civilian national security fo...
- Supertradmum said May I add a recollection that priests at the Vener...
- Supertradmum said Planned chaos…in order to introduce martial...
- Supertradmum said I should have added, the first ancestor in America...
- Supertradmum said No offense, but those who get upset about cassocks...
- acardnal said A cleric holds an ecclesiastical office similar to...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z., if you know who the comedian Brian Regan i...
- Supertradmum said Timely and God is in charge. The fact that this is...
- Elizabeth D said I misread this momentarily; I thought I read ̶...
- Dominicanes said The Dominican Nuns of Summit wear crucifixes just...
- frjim4321 said “I take it as a sure sign of arrogance when...
- Anita Moore OPL said A similarly cavalier approach to child labor and t...
- Former Altar Boy said “In the meantime, in these USA, don’t look d...
- Anita Moore OPL said This ship has sailed. The IRS already muzzles pas...
- Andrew Saucci said I have maintained for a long time now that the Chu...
- Bosco said I wonder how many Catholics Venerable Archbishop F...
- Iacobus M said We have a friend who is a Baptist pastor. He a so...
- incredulous said Sorry, audiosancto. My Latin is about as bad as m...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- WDTPRS: 17th Sunday after Pentecost – Satan yearns to crow over your fallen soul
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 September 2008
Those of you who know and share some of my reading habits will recognize the significance of the following.
I was in one of the general displays in the British Museum and recognized a friend… twice!
We hit the 4,000,000 mark for visits today!
That’s 4 mil since I started using Sitemeter.
Who was it?
It’s done!Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein
Visitor’s Time Sep 28 2008 10:49:04 pmVisit Number 4,000,000
Say a prayer for His Holiness Pope John Paul I, who unexpectedly died on this day in 1978.
From a priest reader:
I hope priests continue to write in. I would like their contributions to be a regular feature here.
I am a pastor who recently began offering Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
In fact, today marked my third Sunday! … Continue reading
I am always fascinated to see how many different places around the world whence people are when they visit WDTPRS.
Here is a snapshot of the last few minutes.
(These places are sometimes approximations.)
Bloomington, Illinois Salt Lake City, Utah Tup, Sao Paulo … Continue reading
A new edition of The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite Described edited by Alcuin Reid is being produced.
A kind soul sent me the text of the introduction to the edition by the President of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, His … Continue reading
A reader asks:
I have a friend who is undergoing foot surgery soon. Although it is minor surgery, she will be under general anesthesia for over two hours. Her sister ended up in a coma for two weeks following a surgery … Continue reading