Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- AnAmericanMother said New Sister, My experience exactly. I was in shock...
- New Sister said @ Lavrans – I do not think we can blame the...
- AnAmericanMother said I will note that, within my observation, this only...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear Scott W, I’m not letting the priest who...
- TMKent said I too am from Charlotte and took part (for the 10t...
- thomas tucker said Isn’t it ironic that the priest would recomm...
- Gratias said The Bishop was earmarked for this fate already in...
- TWF said Just north of Seattle up in Vancouver, the majorit...
- Tamquam said It is unfortunate that personalities and politics...
- Franko said Little late, but I’d second the advice given...
- Lavrans said Anyone thought, perhaps, both are at fault? The pr...
- New Sister said Boy, there is nothing like the “Left Coast...
- Suburbanbanshee said Well, obviously you _could_ have a perfectly legit...
- Joe of St Thérèse said So much for being pastoral and going out of comfor...
- Lavrans said I have been meaning to ask Father Z, as well as ot...
- Suburbanbanshee said Um… the Gospel does include commands and law...
- Sonshine135 said Perhaps the Priest would understand better if the...
- frjim4321 said “Hmm. What narcissism is frequently related...
- Scott W. said Without knowing the full context it seems pointles...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear incorpore, Trying to find your source for the...
- JesusFreak84 said Amazon is telling me it doesn’t release unti...
- Scott W. said Scott W., talk to anyone with psychological traini...
- yatzer said “vetusta ecclesia says: 1 October 2014 at 8:...
- Antonin said Deacon: But on the question of divorce and remarri...
- Antonin said There is a danger in the synod, in Catholic combox...
- Henry Edwards said frjim: “talk to anyone with psychological tr...
- Spade said “DavidJ says: 1 October 2014 at 8:32 am Spad...
- seattle_cdn said It was from the combox at The Curt Jester over a s...
- thomas tucker said I have gone to Mass there more than a few times. I...
- frjim4321 said wmeyer, as far as I’ve seen psychological he...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- ONE MORE DAY 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
- ASK FATHER: Baptizing aliens who burst into flames from water. No. Really.
- Give a little thought to the “what ifs”.
- Of Our Lady of Walsingham, Our Lady of Ransom, and a prayer
- Suggestions for your donations to good Catholic causes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 11 May 2009
I imagined something would happen to create tension.
No surprise that something controversial would happen during the Pope’s trip to the Holy Land, right?
This is in from the Jerusalem Post.
Sheikh attacks Israel, pope walks out
Chief Islamic Judge of the Palestinian Authority, … Continue reading
Someone sent a photo of her son receiving 1st Holy Communion.
The world keeps turning and we must keep turning toward the Lord.
On his blog Musings of a Pertinacious Papist, Philip Blosser offers the following interesting commentary. You should definitely go over there and read the comments that follow, but this is worthy of discussion here.
My emphases and comments.
Revisiting the Novus … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, Jr, the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded correspondent for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter has a report with reflections on the Pope’s visit to the Holy Land.
My emphases and comments.
Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, Israel
Especially in light of the … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece from Catholic Culture.
Prominent rabbi urges Pope to say Jews need not convertMay 11, 2009
The co-chairman of the Bilateral Commission of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel and the Holy See is urging Pope Benedict to … Continue reading
The fine Italian language blog Rinascimento Sacro has an interesting post (my translation).
Canizares: either Ranjith or a BenedictineAndrea Tornielli
The illness of the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, Card. Canizares, now well overcome, caused the delay of the publication … Continue reading
Here is a list, thanks to Sober Inebriation
70 Bishops so far
1. Bishop John D’Arcy, Fort Wayne-South Bend2. Cardinal Francis George, Chicago3. Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Galveston-Houston4. Archbishop Timothy Dolan, Milwaukee (–> NYC)5. Archbishop John Nienstedt, St. Paul-Minneapolis6. Archbishop Eusebius Beltran, Oklahoma … Continue reading
English-speaking priests called to Rome for ‘Year for the Priests’ seminar
Harrisburg, Pa., May 10, 2009 / 08:41 pm (CNA).- In honor of the 223rd birthday of St. John Vianney, two of the largest English-speaking associations for parish priests and … Continue reading