You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- The Masked Chicken said “The whistleblowers say they aim to provide...
- jhayes said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. R...
- Will D. said Some years ago, the police shot and killed a man a...
- The Masked Chicken said “Indeed. Lay people do not have rights when...
- maryh said @frjim4321 I’m curious myself. Could you giv...
- Geoffrey said I think I recall seeing some sort of ritual for su...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said The main entry, friends, is not really about the b...
- frjim4321 said I meant EP1 was “curious” in that I do...
- Supertradmum said When seminaries allow both kneeling of altar serve...
- Basher said Poor Notre Dame – from Wikipedia: The of...
- maryh said @Dave N For example sex abuse in the public school...
- Matt R said This happened in my parish. I decided one day in A...
- maryh said Addition: the 2011 incident was not reported as a...
- maryh said @xgenerationcatholic I followed the links you gave...
- JuliaSaysPax said I had no idea that something needed to be done aft...
- Desertfalcon said I don’t know why he did it, but no reason ca...
- Lynne said The problem in Archbisop Meyer’s diocese lea...
- Giuseppe said Catholic middle school memory (nerd edition): I b...
- Conchur said Venner was a crypto-fascist and a neo-pagan. He ch...
- Thomas S said Thank you, Charles. It seems to leave a lot of ro...
- wmeyer said As usual, Dr. Peters’ clarification is excel...
- Pope Francis Warns of Dangers of Unbridled Capitalism - BigPulpit.com said [...] LC, Rm Ct Sp Dr Saving the World One Baby at...
- maryh said Hmmm. I can see why the Vatican rejected the 1998...
- Vecchio di Londra said I was at a NO Mass a few weeks ago when the (very...
- e.davison49 said Ask yourselves what the point is. Sure, there are...
- Charles E Flynn said After a Church Is Attacked....
- DavidR said It’s been touched on by some commentators; a...
- wmeyer said I’ve heard that there are more sex abuse cases in...
- Scott W. said I for one am pretty tired of the “Hey, everyone el...
- Will D. said The Roman Canon is used regularly at my parish, wh...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 11 May 2009
I imagined something would happen to create tension.
No surprise that something controversial would happen during the Pope’s trip to the Holy Land, right?
This is in from the Jerusalem Post.
Sheikh attacks Israel, pope walks out
Chief Islamic Judge of the Palestinian Authority, … Continue reading
Someone sent a photo of her son receiving 1st Holy Communion.
The world keeps turning and we must keep turning toward the Lord.
On his blog Musings of a Pertinacious Papist, Philip Blosser offers the following interesting commentary. You should definitely go over there and read the comments that follow, but this is worthy of discussion here.
My emphases and comments.
Revisiting the Novus … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, Jr, the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded correspondent for the dissenting National Catholic Reporter has a report with reflections on the Pope’s visit to the Holy Land.
My emphases and comments.
Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, Israel
Especially in light of the … Continue reading
Here is an interesting piece from Catholic Culture.
Prominent rabbi urges Pope to say Jews need not convertMay 11, 2009
The co-chairman of the Bilateral Commission of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel and the Holy See is urging Pope Benedict to … Continue reading
The fine Italian language blog Rinascimento Sacro has an interesting post (my translation).
Canizares: either Ranjith or a BenedictineAndrea Tornielli
The illness of the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, Card. Canizares, now well overcome, caused the delay of the publication … Continue reading
Here is a list, thanks to Sober Inebriation
70 Bishops so far
1. Bishop John D’Arcy, Fort Wayne-South Bend2. Cardinal Francis George, Chicago3. Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Galveston-Houston4. Archbishop Timothy Dolan, Milwaukee (–> NYC)5. Archbishop John Nienstedt, St. Paul-Minneapolis6. Archbishop Eusebius Beltran, Oklahoma … Continue reading
English-speaking priests called to Rome for ‘Year for the Priests’ seminar
Harrisburg, Pa., May 10, 2009 / 08:41 pm (CNA).- In honor of the 223rd birthday of St. John Vianney, two of the largest English-speaking associations for parish priests and … Continue reading