SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 131
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 147. “My love is as a fever longing still…”
- LIVE VIDEO – 16 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of the Sacred Heart
- The “trowel” and the “sword”. That’s what is needed now.
- Feast of an incorruptible
- Daily Rome Shot 130
- Daily Rome Shot 129
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 146. “Poor soul, the centre of my sinful earth…”
- One year ago, today: Card. Pell acquitted
- Two years ago, today: Notre-Dame fire
- LIVE VIDEO – 15 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Votive of the Eucharist
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 145. “Those lips that Love’s own hand did make…”
- A Jesuit’s brilliant notions about needed liturgical reform. What could go wrong?
- 14 April: St. Justin, martyr
- LIVE VIDEO – 14 April 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – St Justin, martyr
- Daily Rome Shot 128
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 144. “Two loves I have of comfort and despair…”
- Sudden, so far unexplained departure of Philadelphia Carmelites
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 143. “Lo, as a careful housewife runs to catch…”
- ASK FATHER: “What’s the deal with tarot cards?”
- Daily Rome Shot 127
- Video: WE ARE OUR RITES
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 142. “Love is my sin, and thy dear virtue hate…”
- Challenge coin news and questions
- “The constant negativity directed to us priests by…” Wherein Fr. Z relates, reacts, reflects and rants.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – “Low” Sunday 11 April ’21
- #ASonnetADay – Sonnet 141. “In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes…”
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 54 – Low “Quasimodo” Sunday: “A question for you!”
- Man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares. Good idea?
- PASCHALCAzT 2021: 53 – Easter Saturday: “Sin is the shipwreck of the soul”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 17 November 2011
Some shots from the Feeder. The Chickadees were on a cruise, I think. They are back now, and in large numbers. I don’t know how they get those sunflower seeds open, but they do. Still life with flying life. Ray. … Read More
Here are links to recent posts, which are scrolling along. Bl. Carl Lampert: ” ‘I love my Church. I remain faithful to my Church and to the priesthood. I am on Christ’s side and I love His Church.” QUAERITUR: When … Read More
Over at Sancte Pater we find this from the Beeb: Britain’s ‘cheapest’ lunchtime meal was unveiled by scientists on Wednesday – the toast sandwich. The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is reviving the mid-Victorian dish, which, unsurprisingly, consists of two … Read More
Bl. Carl Lampert: ” ‘I love my Church. I remain faithful to my Church and to the priesthood. I am on Christ’s side and I love His Church.”
I had determined last year that this year I would during Advent read a book Advent of the Heart, reflections by a priest who died in Dachau, Fr. Alfred Delp – a fellow Lutheran convert. (Kindle version. UK book.) Remember: … Read More
From a reader: For those of us who attend the Tridintine form of the Holy Mass, we see the servers striking their breasts at several points in the liturgy. In the Novus Ordo, where are appropriate points for the servers … Read More
In another entry I answered a question about water suitable for valid baptism. Someone asked about Holy Water. Here are a few notes about different blessed waters we Catholics use and enjoy. This is not meant to be exhaustive, of … Read More
From a reader: Several months ago, we attended a violin recital in a Methodist church (did not attend their service) and the pastor announced that he would be doing a “beach baptism”, and I imagine that he used the salt … Read More
You read, for sure, about the deal struck between Bp. Finn of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph and the county where Kansas City, MO is located. From CNA comes this. Bishop Finn agreement seems to indicate prosecution’s weak case … Read More
I picked this up from Catholic Vote and share it now with you. I think the suggestions below are good. Remember that the Christmas “buying” season is coming up. Make a dent. I won’t post the disgusting photo in question. … Read More