You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Robbie said Jeannie_C Respectfully, this video demonstrates a...
- Joe of St Thérèse said To be fair, I’ve seen at the parish level in...
- Cheesesteak Expert said smad0142 , what dogma does not come to us from the...
- wmeyer said I would agree with those who have already stated t...
- OrthodoxChick said Is there any chance that Pope Francis could call a...
- Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox | Catholicism and Adventism said [...] Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox May 2...
- joecct77 said What did we expect? 40 years of bad catechesis ha...
- ppb said This video has been around for several years and I...
- NarniaJMN said I feel so sorry for Arbp Jose Gomez. High hope t...
- Jeannie_C said I am not a hand clapping head bopping kind of wors...
- Robbie said I threw up in my mouth watching that. That was a...
- MouseTemplar said CatholicintheAgeofAquarius–that wasn’t...
- JabbaPapa said UUURRRGGHHH that LA “mass” is just HOR...
- MouseTemplar said Whoa. The last time I saw a Deacon dancing I left...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said The “service” at the parish of my yout...
- Andrew said Perhaps a solution to the question of non-particip...
- jbas said First Things features a fine article entitled R...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 18 September 2009
The Latin text of the Holy Father’s encyclical Caritas in veritate is now available in LATIN on the Vatican website.
1. Caritas in veritate, quam sua terrestri vita ac potissimum suam per mortem et resurrectionem testificatus est Iesus Christus, praecipua … Continue reading
Just when you think the dissidents can’t veer farther into fantasy comes this knee slapper from Sr. Joan and the Usual Suspects.
Notice how I don’t even have to give her last name or the name of the publication?
She compares the … Continue reading
Watching the destruction of education in the US and elsewhere should be sufficient to prove that throwing lots of money at a project doesn’t always produce results.
Here is a great story.
The $150 Edge-of-Space Camera: MIT Students Beat NASA On Beer-Money … Continue reading
I really like this story from the National Catholic Register:
Emma Watson Meets Her Pope
Posted by Tim Drake
Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:24 AM
Last Wednesday, 7-year-old Emma Watson of Craigmont, Idaho, finally got her wish to meet Pope Benedict XVI. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Good morning, Father. Reading your comments on the importance of revitalizing the liturgy put me in mind of the comments of John Adams, who later became the second president of the United States. Adams was rather a Puritan, … Continue reading
My friend John L. Allen, the nearly ubiquitous fair-minded correspondent of the ultra-lefty dissenting National Catholic Reporter is a good analyst.
In his weekly Friday letter he drills into the upcoming talks that are soon to begin between the SSPX and … Continue reading
I picked this up from the young Papist. It is a photo screaming for a good caption.
"OHHHHK-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plain…"
Karaoke Night at the Synod.
From a priest reader:
I have a question for you or your readers. Do you think that the Missae Gregorianae can be offered for the living? I have found this custom here in Barcelona, amongst some of the OF people … Continue reading
Do you remember what Hamlet told Polonius about the players when they come to Elsinore?
Good my lord, will you see the players wellbestowed? Do you hear, let them be well used; forthey are the abstract and brief chronicles of thetime: … Continue reading