Fr. Sirico on the Clinton’s campaign view of the Church

Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager John Podesta’s emails were hacked.  We see behind the scenes.  We see what they think of Catholics and the Church.  They are simply dreadful.

I found a video commentary by Fr. Robert Sirico about what the Clinton campaign is about.  Fr. Sirico is the head of Acton Institute.

This entry was posted in Religious Liberty, The Coming Storm, The Drill, The future and our choices and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Fr. Sirico on the Clinton’s campaign view of the Church

1. PA mom says:

I am working on a letter to the editor of our local newspaper on this subject.

It has had nearly zero publicity in my area, and I think the Catholic Democrats should have the opportunity to know about it and firmly reject it.

2. tealady24 says:

The Clintons are beyond simply dreadful. I have never seen two more evil people in my life! And the MAJORITY of Catholics will vote for them!

3. pelerin says:

It was interesting to learn from this video that American Catholics had once traditionally voted Democrat particularly as I have noted from several American Catholic blogs that they tend to be quite Right wing.

In Britain according to a census taken in 2010 Catholics were also far more likely to lean to the Left – our Labour Party – whereas Anglicans traditionally favoured the Conservatives or Party on the Right. According to think-tank Theos, Catholics are the most Left-wing of Christian groups but it looks as though this is not the case in the US.

However, after many decades of voting Labour I was unable to vote for them at the last General Election as they have gone from being a Socialist Party caring for the underdog to one which seems to be decidedly anti-Christian.

4. The Egyptian says:

and only one mild squeak from our Bishops, nothing in our catholic papers and the parish priests will remain silent. Leads one to think that the prevailing opinion is “so what”
    what a seamless garment!!

5. AnnTherese says:

One of the sadder outcomes of this election season is the increased hatred between Americans (including those who claim to be Christian) over their support of one candidate over another. Regardless of who becomes our next president, I fear that we will witness and experience violence in this country like never before in our lifetimes. And when a candidate incites hate among his or her followers– that is evil.

WE as Catholics have an opportunity to discuss this race and the candidates in a way that models respect (even when we strongly dislike or disagree with a candidate) and a desire for justice and peace for all.

“Love one another” is still the greatest commandment. I pray we can step up to that challenge, no matter what.

6. JustaSinner says:

Tealady24, with all due respect, the majority of Catholics are NOT Catholic. A majority of Catholics have no understanding of the true teachings of the Church. A majority of Catholics are aiding and abetting the Dark One. A majority of Catholics will be filling the depths of hell.

7. boxerpaws63 says:

It’s very simple: Hillary Clinton must not get within a foot of the White House.DIABOLICAL says it all.

8. un-ionized says:

Acton Institute! I am trying to get some sort of points here…

9. Venerator Sti Lot says:

I don’t know much about Fr. Sirico (almost litotes!), but this was quite lucid. But does anyone have any links about what he is referring to having said about Mr. Trump? (Mr. Trump, as a Presbyterian – I’m not sure how ‘practicing’ a one – obviously does not have access to the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation, but what he has said publicly seems not unlike – though much less striking – what Henry II does at the end of the movie, Becket, and I have no reason to believe he is not more sincere than the king in that film.)

pelerin – I once heard something not dissimilar to what Fr. Sirico says here with respect to the Christian (though not Catholic) origins of the Labour movement/party from an officer of the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (though I have not properly done my homework on that matter).

10. majuscule says:

Perhaps a bit off topic but good to know about Fr. Sirico–

He is pastor of Sacred Heart of Jesus parish in Grand Rapids MI.

The church offers a Latin Mass every Sunday– http://www.sacredheartgr.com/sacraments/eucharist/

It also offers opportunity for confessions on Sunday as well as Saturday. Plus there’s a form to fill out on the confession schedule page to have a priest contact you to make an appointment for confession!

11. Semper Gumby says:

There seems to be a whiff of sulphur around these emails, political operatives, and “c”atholic front groups. These operatives also craftily tell us: “but there will be freedom of worship…”

Card. George had something to say about that in 2012: “Liberty of religion is more than freedom of worship. Freedom of worship was guaranteed in the Constitution of the former Soviet Union. You could go to church, if you could find one. The church, however, could do nothing except conduct religious rites in places of worship- no schools, religious publications, health care institutions, organized charity, ministry for justice and the works of mercy that flow naturally from a living faith. All of these were co-opted by the government. We fought a long cold war to defeat that vision of society.”

Rejecting the Gospel and the Church, “progressives” are mired in a dreamland of 20th-century totalitarian nostalgia, picking through the ash heap of history in search of shiny baubles that ultimately please only Lucifer.

Acton Institute.

12. Venerator Sti Lot says:

Senator Kaine: “in terms of what Hillary Clinton, who’s running for president, thinks about Catholics and the value more broadly of having a faith background, I can tell you she views at it as a plus, just as she views her own Methodism as a plus.”

Gary Byrne (who spent 12 years in the Secret Service, eight of which were with the Clintons): “‘She got so angry, she hit a Secret Service (member) on the back of the head with a Bible sitting in a limousine,’ Byrne recalled.

“He insisted that the service member had done no wrong, but that Hillary Clinton was just mad.

“‘She had a tantrum over — who knows what,’ stomped her feet in the limo and belted her Secret Service driver.

“The incident was investigated, according to Byrne, but the agent was told, ‘This is the way it is … if you want a transfer, we’ll transfer you.'”

13. Venerator Sti Lot says:

But where, if Mrs. Clinton wins, can tens of millions of Americans apply for a transfer?

14. Venerator Sti Lot says:

Say, the Holy Father is awfully interested in welcoming refugees…

15. Semper Gumby says:

majuscule and Singing Mum: Well said. Venerator: that bible-thumpin’ story sounds plausible. As for a transfer, I wonder how many could fit comfortably on Skellig Michael. Hmmm…I think that’s in County Kerry, so perhaps Kerry can answer this.

16. Pingback: MONDAY EDITION | Big Pulpit

17. Kerry says:

Semper, I believe I was named not after the County of Kerry, but the trout fishing site, the Ring of Kerry. So if you have questions about peacock and partridge soft hackles, hopper patterns for brown trout, or whether to use a size 20 or 24 Tricorythodes, I’m your man. (Use a size 24, and keep your line mended.)

18. LarryW2LJ says:

That’s an interesting point. If HRC wins, can we apply for asylum at the Vatican?

19. frjim4321 says:

The stolen emails are about certain Catholics who are on the fringes of Catholicism (Murdock, for example) and who represent a very skewed approach to the faith. These are people who are coopting religion for the purpose of political gain. Frankly, everything Podesta said is true. There was never any intention to criticize main-stream, church attending Catholics.

20. Venerator Sti Lot says:

I’ll bet it was a Secret Driver on the fringes of the steering wheel, too…

21. Venerator Sti Lot says:

Larry W2LJ,

I think the number of interested applicants would need renegotiation of the Lateran Treaty to restore Papal States to accommodate them (though I’m sure there’d be enough recruits for a considerable force of new Papal Zouaves to defend them).

22. Semper Gumby says:

Kerry: Ah, fly fishing. Thanks for the tips. My ranching friend in the Rockies knows some excellent little rivers. Alas, I don’t get out there often and remain an amateur. Fishing is a civilized way to obtain our daily bread, and it sure beats wrestling salmon away from a bear.

23. Semper Gumby says:

frjim4321: Well, that is one way to look at it. However, given what we know about the motivations of Podesta and his companions; the tone and phrases used in these emails; the organizations they operate with and support; and their past history, influences, finances, and current activities, your assertion seems rather thin and unpersuasive. Nevertheless, have a pleasant day.

24. boxerpaws63 says:

if you’re on Twitter follow @wikileaks hashtag #wikileaks helps to .Also @JamesOKeefeIII from Project Veritas . He has video of Clinton operatives inciting violence. They are most likely behind the fire bomb in N Carolina. You are probably not going to get much information from the (implicated)media. Most are colluding with the Clinton campaign. Wikileaks has now had its internet connection cut off but i’m assuming they have contingency plans.Sure they expected this could happen or that Assange would be taken out eventually. I don’t think the word DIABOLICAL is too strong. These are Saul Alinsky tactics funded by George Soros and others.

25. boxerpaws63 says:

Tim Kaine actually said, he takes his Catholic faith very seriously. HIS own words. I’ll leave it at that and let you decide.I don’t want to be unchristian but as a side note;the man just gives me the creeps.

26. majuscule says:

And I guess he doesn’t think his Catholicism is the bastardized version (whatever that is).

27. Venerator Sti Lot says:

FBI report has an a FBI agent who says many Department of State security folk “sought reassignment or employment elsewhere” after experiencing guarding Secretary Clinton:

Perhaps an HRC Presidency would stimulate mass emigration as well as facilitating mass immigration…