ACTION ITEM at the end!
A little while ago, His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas John Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield in Illinois, issued a Decree “Regarding Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ and Related Pastoral Issues.”
This Decree reaffirmed Catholic teaching that a marriage is only possible “between one man and one woman.”
The Decree included the following directives:
- No member of the clergy or representative of the Diocese should assist or participate in a same-sex marriage;
- No Church property should be used to host same-sex marriage ceremonies or receptions;
- Persons in a same-sex marriage should not present themselves for Holy Communion, nor should they be admitted to Holy Communion;
- Those in a same-sex marriage can be restored to communion with the Church through the Sacrament of Reconciliation;
- In danger of death, a person living in a same-sex marriage may receive Holy Communion “if he or she expresses repentance for his or her sins.”
You saw how Ed Peters handled one critic HERE.
Immediately, homosexual sex obsessed Jesuit James Martin blasted Bp. Paprocki HERE:
If bishops ban members of same-sex marriages from receiving a Catholic funeral, they also have to be consistent. They must also ban divorced and remarried Catholics who have not received annulments, women who has or man who fathers a child out of wedlock, members of straight couples who are living together before marriage, and anyone using birth control. For those are all against church teaching as well. Moreover, they must ban anyone who does not care for the poor, or care for the environment, and anyone who supports torture, for those are church teachings too. More basically, they must ban people who are not loving, not forgiving and not merciful, for these represent the teachings of Jesus, the most fundamental of all church teachings. To focus only on LGBT people, without a similar focus on the moral and sexual behavior of straight people is, in the words of the Catechism, a “sign of unjust discrimination” (2358).
This, friends, is the raving of a lunatic.
For a complete review of homosexual sex obsessed Jesuit James Martin v. Bp. Paprocki, try HERE, a blog by a Catholic man who suffered with same-sex affliction and is now striving to live a holy life.
URGENT: In his post he makes a great suggestion: drop Bp. Paprocki a supportive note! The diocese’s contact form and addresses: